shull

51 minutes ago, antrin said:

:)

now, now...

we're ALL  fans on here.

ALL on the same side.

etc etc

Of course we are and it's great.

Doesn't make anybody immune from talking patronising bollox and getting on my tits.

But , I wont ignore you because I'm not a childish ignorant person, like some others. Even our Site Owner acts like a fecking 10 year old. Pathetic.

No offence Tumshie

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

One thing I don't understand for this heating system you need maintenance just like a car needs maintenance.  If you don't they break down.  Agree with Tedious Tom . Use SMISA money to get everything fixed then extend the time period for buying the club. However that fixes now we also have to think of the future.  Going buy loans paid out buy the old board there needs to be a fund layer aside for future problems. I can see the club shrinking further we can't keep spending what is not there. Due diligence sorry to say but it looks like important issues have been ignored.  

Be clear on this,I don't know who knew about the heating problem and i don't know who should have included it in their due diligence.Also i don't know how much money the club have to spare,The heating may well be able to be fixed through insurance and if not then the club needs to pay for it.SMiSA money is there to buy shares not to provide cover for the club,that is until such times as they have the majority share.There is a legal agreement on where the bulk of SMiSA money goes and it's to buy shares,do we really want the further expense of getting lawyers to alter that agreement ? i would say no we don't.

Lets wait and see what the outcome is before we speculate further,the problem may well get sorted without further disruption.

We as SMiSA members have decisions to make on where we spend our £2 per month fund,perhaps we should think about saving it up for essential needs ( i would have included the viewing platform as an essential need e.g)

At the end of the day the USH is not essential to us right now. If the choice was between fixing it and getting in a new player I know where I would rather our funds were directed.

Sure we might lose money out of the game being on a Tuesday but we'd have burned through a few grand in costs to defrost the pitch anyway.

All about priorities right now and the sole priority of the club has to be trying to get off the bottom of the table.

USH repairs can wait.

1 minute ago, div said:

At the end of the day the USH is not essential to us right now. If the choice was between fixing it and getting in a new player I know where I would rather our funds were directed.

Sure we might lose money out of the game being on a Tuesday but we'd have burned through a few grand in costs to defrost the pitch anyway.

All about priorities right now and the sole priority of the club has to be trying to get off the bottom of the table.

USH repairs can wait.

Aye, it can wait. We will fix it in the Spring. 

4 minutes ago, div said:

USH repairs can wait.

It hard to reply to an ignoring ignoramus but I will keep persisting. 

Why play in the Scottish Cup at all if League survival is priority? 

Why pay any Club Bills or non playing staff expenses? 

Just spend all our money on players, like Gow, Ball, Webster etc. 

Not a very bright Head Mod. 

The course of action is the one being taken by the club, get insurers in, see if it is covered. If not seek redress from previous owners as an undisclosed cost.

i remember all and sundry giving me pelters, acquiring 'edited' BBC radio streams etc when i repeated what Chick Young had said on air at the match that was abandoned when we had all rolled up at the ground in January.

he let slip the heating system wasnt on, as you could plainly see not a snowflake had melted. Was that when it was known the system was u/s? Going to be an uncomfortable time now for some if the insurers give the club a riubber ear!

When Hamilton Acces were relegated they took the decision not to switch their heating on as it was far too expensive. Even if our heating was fully operational would it have made sense to switch it on for a cup tie where tickets were being sold at £12 and the crowd was expected to be around the 2,000 mark at best? 

Edited by Kendo

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Imagine abusing fellow saints fans.

Quite sad really.

Not that he's a hypocrite or anything like that.:lol:

But that's all you do on here. Cannae mind any decent St Mirren contribution that you have ever posted. 

I'm no Harry Potter but I've been putting forward ideas for years. It's just no-one listens. How many times have you seen me stress how important working with the community. It IS the answer yet GLS seemed to bump it down the list of priorities because he saw it as a cost.

Bear in mind I've not seen the facilities and I'm not on the board and I don't know what clauses are in contracts but here's some starters for 10.

Make the plastic pitch at Ralston available for let's. Don't rip anyone off just charge what the council does. If you can raise £500 per week from this — which should be easy — that translates to £25000 per annum. Roughly a quarter of the cost I was quoted by NLC five years ago as the cost for replacing a pitch, which according to them should last 10 years. £500 per week from lets over 10 years covers the cost 2.5 times over.

Is the gym at Ralston worthy of opening to the public? Could local amateur teams be sold packages to use the gym on training nights?

Is there a place at Ralston where parents wait on their kids? If so is there a facility — even just a vending machine - that allows them to buy coffee, tea and to buy their child's water, sports drink or whatever?

The academy. Should the kids there really be playing for free? Could the club make it subscription based? Do the kids need a Carbrini jacket each, polo shirts, sweatshirts, training kit, tracksuits, bags etc all supplied by the club? If they are essential, and remember most other clubs aren't so generous, why not have the academy kids do fund raising - bag packing, race nights, dinners etc - to generate the cash? Why tie up SMiSA or Fans Council time raising money to help an academy where kids are being handed everything on a plate?

When working with clubs in the community use them. Get their coaches providing intelligence on local young talent - incentivies it even. Offer to host sportsman's dinners at Greenhill Road. Let them raise money while St Mirren take profit at the bar and from the catering. If the JD Sports deal is at an end look to form one huge buying group with local clubs. Buying in larger volumes generally means bigger discounts from suppliers. Buying kit at a cheaper price benefits both St Mirren and the community clubs. Mutual benefit.

I could go on for pages. As I keep saying the potential of fan ownership and working with the community is massive. If the buildings at Ralston need replaced then that is an opportunity. Don't f**k it up.

39 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

So it was included in the sale as in working order.

Glad that was cleared up.

I don't think you can take from that post that,the heating was noted in the agreement as being in working order,in fact the annual report stated it was not working,and since it failed to melt snow which led to a game being called off,it's fair to say it wasn't working at that time either.

1 hour ago, shull said:

It hard to reply to an ignoring ignoramus but I will keep persisting. 

Why play in the Scottish Cup at all if League survival is priority? 

Why pay any Club Bills or non playing staff expenses? 

Just spend all our money on players, like Gow, Ball, Webster etc. 

Not a very bright Head Mod. 

You don't half post some fcuking pish. Give it a fcuking rest.

I'm no Harry Potter but I've been putting forward ideas for years. It's just no-one listens. How many times have you seen me stress how important working with the community. It IS the answer yet GLS seemed to bump it down the list of priorities because he saw it as a cost.

Bear in mind I've not seen the facilities and I'm not on the board and I don't know what clauses are in contracts but here's some starters for 10.

Make the plastic pitch at Ralston available for let's. Don't rip anyone off just charge what the council does. If you can raise £500 per week from this — which should be easy — that translates to £25000 per annum. Roughly a quarter of the cost I was quoted by NLC five years ago as the cost for replacing a pitch, which according to them should last 10 years. £500 per week from lets over 10 years covers the cost 2.5 times over.

Is the gym at Ralston worthy of opening to the public? Could local amateur teams be sold packages to use the gym on training nights?

Is there a place at Ralston where parents wait on their kids? If so is there a facility — even just a vending machine - that allows them to buy coffee, tea and to buy their child's water, sports drink or whatever?

The academy. Should the kids there really be playing for free? Could the club make it subscription based? Do the kids need a Carbrini jacket each, polo shirts, sweatshirts, training kit, tracksuits, bags etc all supplied by the club? If they are essential, and remember most other clubs aren't so generous, why not have the academy kids do fund raising - bag packing, race nights, dinners etc - to generate the cash? Why tie up SMiSA or Fans Council time raising money to help an academy where kids are being handed everything on a plate?

When working with clubs in the community use them. Get their coaches providing intelligence on local young talent - incentivies it even. Offer to host sportsman's dinners at Greenhill Road. Let them raise money while St Mirren take profit at the bar and from the catering. If the JD Sports deal is at an end look to form one huge buying group with local clubs. Buying in larger volumes generally means bigger discounts from suppliers. Buying kit at a cheaper price benefits both St Mirren and the community clubs. Mutual benefit.

I could go on for pages. As I keep saying the potential of fan ownership and working with the community is massive. If the buildings at Ralston need replaced then that is an opportunity. Don't f**k it up.

You are not allowed to rent out the pitch at Ralston.

You are not allowed to rent out the pitch at Ralston.

Yeah I'd heard that before but I find it bizarre. Why sign an agreement that doesn't allow you to raise the cost to maintain and improve it? Even Wishaw Juniors managed not to fall into that trap.

There's got to be a way to get that changed though. If Renfrewshire is anything like Lanarkshire schools don't have sufficient facilities to meet the basic curriculum requirements for PE. Perhaps a bit of give and take

38 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You don't half post some fcuking pish. Give it a fcuking rest.

Oh f**k, are you back with your washing instructions and your shite jokes? 

Welcome? 

Another ignoramus :lol:

Yeah I'd heard that before but I find it bizarre. Why sign an agreement that doesn't allow you to raise the cost to maintain and improve it? Even Wishaw Juniors managed not to fall into that trap.

There's got to be a way to get that changed though. If Renfrewshire is anything like Lanarkshire schools don't have sufficient facilities to meet the basic curriculum requirements for PE. Perhaps a bit of give and take

Conditions of lease and planning consent

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Don't fix it at all. Fix the tannoy first and look after the match day experience. However make sure the AHUs in each stand have been properly serviced FFS.

Brilliant post, Sir. 

22 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Indeed, my wee daughter's football Club struggle to get good and proper playing facilities in the Paisley area.