Wind Farms Are Shite

Stuart Dickson

I've been telling you all for ages that those wee windmills the SNP keep ripping up trees to accommodate are a pile of  pish. Here's the proof. A website with live data from the National Grid showing that at 3am on a Saturday morning when consumption rates are through the floor, wind power is supplying less than 3% of our national demand. 

Capture.PNG

This was debated a few years ago in one of the few times you were not around  A poster who worked on wind farms back then told us they were inefficient.  So why has Tory, Labour and SNP governments thrown cash at this. Only they know. Question why are you only pointing out the SNP. England , Wales, Northern Ireland have them also. Yet another thread that proves you like to cause trouble. You lead a very strange bitter life Stuart . 

I've been telling you all for ages that those wee windmills the SNP keep ripping up trees to accommodate are a pile of  pish. Here's the proof. A website with live data from the National Grid showing that at 3am on a Saturday morning when consumption rates are through the floor, wind power is supplying less than 3% of our national demand. 

Capture.PNG

What a pile of wanky pish...

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

What Blub fails to include in his f**kwitted wanky pish, is what the average  wind speed was at the time this was recorded.

Which renders his entire post pointless as usual.

I take your point, so what follows is in no way a rebuttal of yours.  His post WAS wanky pish.

To be fair, when there is no wind IE when we are sitting under high pressure, THAT is really when we need them to be functioning at their best, but that is when they are particularly non-functioning.

So, in an ironic way, that renders them pointless, too.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

I take your point, so what follows is in no way a rebuttal of yours.  His post WAS wanky pish.

To be fair, when there is no wind IE when we are sitting under high pressure, THAT is really when we need them to be functioning at their best, but that is when they are particularly non-functioning.

So, in an ironic way, that renders them pointless, too.

I disagree. :P

Guest TPAFKATS

Did someone really start a thread to tell us that wind power isn't any good when there's no wind?

Even shull's post building nonsense doesn't get to this level of wanky pishness.

What Blub fails to include in his f**kwitted wanky pish, is what the average  wind speed was at the time this was recorded.

Which renders his entire post pointless as usual.

That website provides live data. That screenshot was taken just before 3am, while the UK was sound asleep. Demand was low, yet wind farms were producing next to nothing at all. Coal fired power stations were generating 400% more electricity.

It was a cold, dark night. Just the kind of conditions we need electricity in, yet here windmills we're letting the nation down. We should scrap wind projects completely immediately and find a proper way to provide energy in this country.

And as for targeting the SNP, that should be obvious. They claimed in the White Paper that Scotland would be exporting electricity to England and raking in a fortune doing it too. These figures show that to be fictitious pish too.

23 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

That website provides live data. That screenshot was taken just before 3am, while the UK was sound asleep. Demand was low, yet wind farms were producing next to nothing at all. Coal fired power stations were generating 400% more electricity.

It was a cold, dark night. Just the kind of conditions we need electricity in, yet here windmills we're letting the nation down. We should scrap wind projects completely immediately and find a proper way to provide energy in this country.

And as for targeting the SNP, that should be obvious. They claimed in the White Paper that Scotland would be exporting electricity to England and raking in a fortune doing it too. These figures show that to be fictitious pish too.

As pointed out above the screen shot you have provided does NOT record wind speed.

As pointed out above you have failed to mention the money that Tory and Labour goverments have also thrown at wind farms.

As such the data you provided is worthless.

The criticism aimed only the Scottish national party is worthless.

Your reputation as a political poster has been tainted with hate and as such is now worthless.

Also as pointed out above, you really do need to live a better life.  This obsesssive and compulsive hatred of the most popular political party in Scotland is as unhealthy as it is irrational.  You are allowing blind and irrational hatred to negatively impact your life.  Such an action is stupid.

Also the Labour party destroyed the economy in the most spectacular of fashions (not to mention the ruining of pensions that will adversely affect the majority of our forum users in later years) and I also recall the bastard Tory party dismantling industry in Scotland.  

A fact if you wish to check, every single Labour goverment since world war 2 (every single one) has left office in disgrace after ruining the economy.  

1 hour ago, tony soprano said:

Did someone really start a thread to tell us that wind power isn't any good when there's no wind?

Even shull's post building nonsense doesn't get to this level of wanky pishness.

I am trying my best to reach that height. :)

Forget undersoil heating. If the SNP had their way you wouldn't get any matches on in the dark at this rate. Saturday afternoon, and still not enough wind to charge up a mobile phone. Thank f**k for safe, reliable, efficient nuclear power plants and Combined Cycle Gas Turbines. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Stuart Dickson

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

A fact if you wish to check, every single Labour goverment since world war 2 (every single one) has left office in disgrace after ruining the economy.  

Not in fact, a fact.

Possibly presented as such by a capitalist-owned media distorting the facts to suit their interpretation of what is most beneficial for the 'country' ie - them.

It's a political opinion for them to assert and fools to follow.

I don't believe you are a fool.

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Even for you, that's a ridiculous, contradictory post.

"Demand was low" & "Just the kind of conditions we need electricity in" - if it was "just the kind of conditions we need electricity in" then why wasn't demand higher?

"wind farms were producing next to nothing at all" & "Coal fired power stations were generating 400% more electricity." - 5 times "next to nothing" would still be "next to nothing" whether or not you phrase it as "400% more" to try to make it sound bigger. Besides that, using the values in your snapshot, 7.56% is not 400% more than 2.83%, it's not even 200% more, it's about 167% more. You really should give up on numbers.

Due to practicalities, coal fired power stations may be left "ticking over", "on a low burn" or whatever way you want to phrase it, especially at this time of year. Wind was probably just taking up the slack to save them burning more "dead dinosaurs" and/or "prehistoric plants". If anything, this actually proves that wind power is useful rather than what you claim. It's not like you to prove yourself wrong. Oh, wait a minute ...

My first year class have just carried out a debate on energy and they'd run rings (of an extremely large circumference) round Blub.

Even for you, that's a ridiculous, contradictory post.

"Demand was low" & "Just the kind of conditions we need electricity in" - if it was "just the kind of conditions we need electricity in" then why wasn't demand higher?

"wind farms were producing next to nothing at all" & "Coal fired power stations were generating 400% more electricity." - 5 times "next to nothing" would still be "next to nothing" whether or not you phrase it as "400% more" to try to make it sound bigger. Besides that, using the values in your snapshot, 7.56% is not 400% more than 2.83%, it's not even 200% more, it's about 167% more. You really should give up on numbers.

Due to practicalities, coal fired power stations may be left "ticking over", "on a low burn" or whatever way you want to phrase it, especially at this time of year. Wind was probably just taking up the slack to save them burning more "dead dinosaurs" and/or "prehistoric plants". If anything, this actually proves that wind power is useful rather than what you claim. It's not like you to prove yourself wrong. Oh, wait a minute ...

Oh dear. Did the ramp up gas production and turn down the wind? :cookoo:

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

That doesn't address anything I said in my post, not a single thing, and therefore makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Then again, i don't know what I should expect from someone who can't work out basic percentages.

A numeracy based task most of my first year class can do.

It's no wonder Blub is a rather rotund object of ridicule where ever he peddles his wanky pish.

26 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

That doesn't address anything I said in my post, not a single thing, and therefore makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Then again, i don't know what I should expect from someone who can't work out basic percentages.

Of course it did. You think the coal fired power stations were left ticking over and wind topped up it to stop us from burning more dead dinosaurs. Thats what you said in your post. 

Yet tonight we are getting 69.25% of our electricity by burning dinosaurs and only 1.33% from wind farms. Useful aren't they? Especially when the wind isn't blowing. :rolleyes:

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

What were you doing as a mature adult up at that time of day?

Up to no good ?

Forget undersoil heating. If the SNP had their way you wouldn't get any matches on in the dark at this rate. Saturday afternoon, and still not enough wind to charge up a mobile phone. Thank f**k for safe, reliable, efficient nuclear power plants and Combined Cycle Gas Turbines. 

Capture.PNG

Oh dear. Did the ramp up gas production and turn down the wind? :cookoo:

You're a teacher? How would you know they were right? :rolleyes:

Of course it did. You think the coal fired power stations were left ticking over and wind topped up it to stop us from burning more dead dinosaurs. Thats what you said in your post. 

Yet tonight we are getting 69.25% of our electricity by burning dinosaurs and only 1.33% from wind farms. Useful aren't they? Especially when the wind isn't blowing. :rolleyes:

Capture.PNG

When you are this smart, and this gorgeous, sleep isn't something you get much of. :rolleyes:

Multiple piles of wanky pish...

Don't be silly. Go back and read what I actually wrote and not what you think I wrote.

You think coal is made from dead dinosaurs?

It's not 3 a.m. so the power stations are running? Surprise, surprise.

You must get no sleep at all to be this stupid.

Its you that is being silly. What is proved beyond all doubt is that the massive investment in wind farms has been a complete waste of time. When the wind blows we can't store surplus electricity generated. When the wind doesn't there's no electricity generated. An independent Scotland would be importing the vast majority of its electricity from nuclear power stations England all year round.

Thankfully Scots weren't fooled by the SNP and we aren't in that absurd position today. A government with its eye on the future should be investing in cutting energy consumption, extracting shail gas and oil, and provide energy security by building at least two more nuclear power plants in Scotland

51 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Its you that is being silly. What is proved beyond all doubt is that the massive investment in wind farms has been a complete waste of time. When the wind blows we can't store surplus electricity generated. When the wind doesn't there's no electricity generated. An independent Scotland would be importing the vast majority of its electricity from nuclear power stations England all year round.

Thankfully Scots weren't fooled by the SNP and we aren't in that absurd position today. A government with its eye on the future should be investing in cutting energy consumption, extracting shail gas and oil, and provide energy security by building at least two more nuclear power plants in Scotland

Its already gone from being a net exporter to a net importer of electiricity in the past four years.

Wheelhouse gets extremely upset when you tell him that.

The only positive to take from this idiotic return to pre industrial revolution methods of powering things is that they have a pretty short lifespan and will need dismantled. So it will maybe give some jobs to some scottish folk unlike the construction side which didnt. Or the manufacturing side which didn,t.

I would reckon now that the entire wind industry is on borrowed time. Thankfully.