So Farewell then...Fidel

Eric Arthur Blair

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You, conveniently forgot to mention all children have free schooling and free hospital care. Sure it's flawed and some of the conditions were poor but not all as Havana has its fair share of decent buildings and infrastructure. Oh, and the weathers nice.

Yes I forgot to add that the children get free schooling and free medical care. Not sure what good it does them as they grow up poor with no opportunity to escape poverty.

The Cubans who managed to escape from all this free stuff to America were celebrating in the streets of Miami at the news of his death. 

Didn't know Fidel was responsible for the weather.

14 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Maybe he even got the trains to run on time unlike our shitty attempt at government in Scotland.

But all in all, the fact that a handful of people got soe free stuff more than makes up for the fact he summarily executed people who dared take a different view.

I think we are getting to see just exactly who the nasty filth actually are in politics. And the freedom hating buffoons.

f**king clowns

They didn't get the trains to run to time the infrastructure for the railway was a total and utter shambles. I stayed near Varadero and to get a train to Havana (similar distance as Glasgow to London) the scheduled journey took 12 hours but frequently took 24 hours due trains and infrastructure failures. I was told to fly if I wanted to get to Havana. Oh and the trains were like something out of the Wild West movies.

41 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Maybe he even got the trains to run on time unlike our shitty attempt at government in Scotland.

But all in all, the fact that a handful of people got soe free stuff more than makes up for the fact he summarily executed people who dared take a different view.

I think we are getting to see just exactly who the nasty filth actually are in politics. And the freedom hating buffoons.

f**king clowns

Is a left wing dictator any less vile than a right wing dictator like Pinochet?

Pinochet murdered just as many of his own people after taking out a left wing government.

Onldifference being one was propped up by Soviet Union and the other by the vile Uncle Sam.

Guest TPAFKATS

The average US president is responsible for more murder and destruction in a 4 year term than Castro managed in over 50 years.

How many lives were saved by Castro freely sending doctors and nurses to developing countries in Africa and elsewhere?

Oh and the infrastructure was pish due to a US led blockade than left Cuba having to trade with the Soviet union.

A wee bit of perception required

On 26/11/2016 at 4:49 PM, Reynard said:

http://cubaarchive.org/wordpress/

There's the definitive list of everyone murdered or disappeared during his reign.

As well as political prisoners he locked away for daring to disagree with his buckled leftarded shite.

Freeeeedoommmmmm!!!

A bit rich considering who you still have as your distasteful avatar. .

On 27 November 2016 at 9:45 AM, Reynard said:

f**king clowns

Reynard's losing it... :unsure:

why is he using his beloved Royal family and generations of Conservatives to fail to make his point? :o

fickin clown.

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 11:26 AM, faraway saint said:

You, conveniently forgot to mention all children have free schooling and free hospital care. Sure it's flawed and some of the conditions were poor but not all as Havana has its fair share of decent buildings and infrastructure. Oh, and the weathers nice.

Plenty civilians have been put away for years while many have been executed. Not just educational political opponents many every day civilians. But don't let that distribution get in the way of people living in a democratic country who look upon Mr Cigar as some kind of world hero. 

On 27/11/2016 at 9:45 AM, Reynard said:

f**king clowns

When you show an inkling of understanding that hardcore extemists of ALL types are destructive individuals who need to be sidelined for the benefit of the majority then you will have shown some sign that you have finally reached maturity.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Plenty civilians have been put away for years while many have been executed. Not just educational political opponents many every day civilians. But don't let that distribution get in the way of people living in a democratic country who look upon Mr Cigar as some kind of world hero. 

57 years of US embargo, the Bay of Pigs invasion, even the US Congress admitted to 30 years of ongoing counter-insurgency back in  the 80's and it probably didn't stop then and finally the 638 assassination attempts on FC himself.

I realize there are many injustices in Cuba but I'm glad FC shuffled off this mortal coil by natural causes and not at the hands of the CIA!

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

57 years of US embargo, the Bay of Pigs invasion, even the US Congress admitted to 30 years of ongoing counter-insurgency back in  the 80's and it probably didn't stop then and finally the 638 assassination attempts on FC himself.

I realize there are many injustices in Cuba but I'm glad FC shuffled off this mortal coil by natural causes and not at the hands of the CIA!

I dont care one way or the other how he died i just dobt get him being a hero outside Cuba. His government in 1966 killed hundreds of civilians for the sole purpose of extracting 7pints of blood from each person . The blood was then sold onto North Vietnam for hard curancy.  A blood farm if you like. His dictatorship is responsible for over 9,000 deaths of his people. 

Andrew Neil had a fantastic monologue on this brute at the start of TW last night.

Began with ' We come to you live from Havana where we begin with breaking news. The flotilla of small boats carrying the latest batch of American refugees to a better life in Cuba has dropped anchor. '

Then going on to point out that over the years about 20% of Cubas population has fled to America. And then that Cuban doctors that haven't fled abroad and have stayed to work in the 'world class health system' regularly moonlight as taxi drivers to supplement their income. There's also a shortage of even the most basic of drugs on the shelf, unless you're fortunate enough to be able to afford to pay extra. Viva la Revolution!

Guest TPAFKATS
I dont care one way or the other how he died i just dobt get him being a hero outside Cuba. His government in 1966 killed hundreds of civilians for the sole purpose of extracting 7pints of blood from each person . The blood was then sold onto North Vietnam for hard curancy.  A blood farm if you like. His dictatorship is responsible for over 9,000 deaths of his people. 

This is a very fishy tale

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:04 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I find that hard to believe.

Edited by Bud the Baker

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, TopCat said:

Bit late in replying but nevertheless check the heading - it's not news it's an opinion and no more balanced than the bulk of this thread.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Do you disagree with any of the 13 facts in the article? If so, what ones and why?

Thirteen, really. Can you verify all of them? It's an opinion piece and has been labelled such by the paper for that reason.

I've never claimed that FC or the Cuban regime was perfect but I will repeat that it's an unbalanced article on a small country and it's leader that has been under economic and military threat from the most powerful country in the world for 57 years.

Edited by Bud the Baker

No, don't be silly.

How many posts have you made on here that criticise the US, UK, Saudi Arabia etc for these things? I would hazard a guess at probably round about approximately none.

That is my point.

If I'm wrong, quote me some and I'll apologise.

I was hoping that you would come back and say something like "Yes, they're all cunts" but you just went on the defensive which, being honest, was just as successful as our defence yesterday.

You are starting to fall into the same monotonous shite that Reynard comes out with. Stop before it's too late.

You want me to criticise the us, uk and Saudi Arabia in a thread about Fidel Castro? :lol:

I think Saudi is a brutal repressive dictatorship, but what's that got to do with this thread?