Davie Provan R.I.P.

shull

Legendary St Mirren Coach of Fergies Furies has passed away at the age of 75.

Thanks for the great times during a magical era.

He played 13 times for us during the 74/75 Season

provan.jpg

Edited by shull

Really sad to hear this. When I worked for Lucozade, Davy was one of my customers, working at Battery Park in Greenock. He was pissing himself when he found out I was a Buddie but had no idea who he was! A wee bit before my time to be fair... An absolute gentleman, a great laugh, a lovely customer and a very knowledgeable fitba guy. RIP big fella.

I got to know him around 1980. He was working at that time as a rep for one of the breweries. He called in the Stirling Castle Bar and with it being a Rangers pub, they gave him a turn. When he realised I was a Buddie, we used to chat now and again. He told me leaving St.Mirren was one of the biggest mistakes he ever made. I think he didn't resign when Alex got sacked but soon after he thought he was persona non grata and resigned. I asked him whether he thought hr would be offered a job at Pittodrie  but he simply shrugged. I didn't push him on it. He really was a lovely guy and so typical of him that even if he did feel a bit hard done by he blamed no one but himself.  RIP, big fella.

Prior to this week's match against Hurlford, the club will take the opportunity to pay it's respects to local footballing men, Harry McGunnigle and David Provan, who have both sadly passed away in recent weeks.
There will be a one minute silence before kick off.
The thoughts of everyone at the club are with both families at this time.

The momentum build up which began during the Fergie / Provan era. 

It kept our great Club going until 1987.

The Millennium Champion players are getting correctly honoured on Friday.

But our classless up their own arse Club couldn't spare Mr Provan a 'minute' before last night's match. 

Very surprised that Tony Fitzpatrick done nothing about it. 

He was made Captain during those glory days. 

Shameful St Mirren 

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

I heard today that the family didn't want a minute's silence before a possible one at Greyskull. Mind you the chap who mentioned it hates Sevco with a vengeance. emoji32.png

That chap must be an obsessive.

Mind you, why would they have a minute's silence? He never played for sevco. :whistle

Edited by antrin

3 hours ago, rabuddies said:

I heard today that the family didn't want a minute's silence before a possible one at Greyskull. Mind you the chap who mentioned it hates Sevco with a vengeance. emoji32.png

You're naively employing the strategy of "perspective". There is no room for such a thing on this website........