How Can We Help the Board?

Sounds to me like a lot of time, energy and resource has gone into firefighting legacy issues at the club during the initial period.

Think you're being very kind to the previous board. With every passing week it's becoming more apparent that their negligence in recent years extended far beyond their failure to adequately upkeep the playing squad.

So the new board have been unlucky to have been up against it from the very start.

Having said that, I had expected there to have been more of a spark with the onset of community ownership, a greater feeling of unity between board, management, players and fans. Maybe that will come with time but at the moment it feels just as frustrating as before.

16 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, this is interesting. A candidate for members rep on the board who claims that customers who don't immediately contact the business board with suggestions lack intelligence. 

In most businesses the board of directors will actively seek out opinions and suggestions from their customers, often offering incentives for their opinions and advice. Indeed given a web forum where their customers will meet to discuss their experiences of their products and services in an open and honest manner usually business board members would be all over it using it as a valuable tool for business intel. Yet, it appears, at St Mirren FC - a club bottom of the Championship, struggling to do basic repairs on facilities and equipment where there should be no shortage of ideas on how to improve on the low quality product on offer - it appears that the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer, along with SMiSA members representatives on the board should sit back and assume everything is fine unless a customer actually sends them a personal e-mail. 

I haven't contacted Gordon Scott or Tony Fitzpatrick, or David Nicol directly with my views and opinions. I also haven't contacted any other SPFL clubs with my views and opinions. I have however posted them on here, and e-mailed to offer assistance to SMiSA - where I was thanked and told to await a phone call - and to James Fowler, where my attempts to help him with his problem using the same "innovative tool" he used to try to locate players has been absolutely ignored.

Indeed the complacent manner in which the club board, the CEO and indeed the supporters organisation have operated has been brought into sharp focus - for me anyway - by the fact that it was a board member from a different club who noticed my comments on this forum and who decided I had said something interesting enough to make an approach to meet me for a chat about it. 

Everybody at the club is ignoring you

Is this not telling you something?

You can blame others all you like but you have nothing to offer. Your ideas are almost exclusively ill thought out. Your knowledge of almost everything is paper thin and based on a quick read of wikipedia and you have a decades long history of making false accusations against a range of people from Stewart Gilmour through to the SNP councillor your wife ran away with. You operate and sustain personal vendettas far beyond the point of being reasonable and you have a total and utter absence of any resemblamce of self awareness. You have zero credibility. Zero. It is obvious why these people are ignoring you. Whateve the problems are Stuart we can be assured of one thing. You are never going to be the solution.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You can blame others all you like but you have nothing to offer. Your ideas are almost exclusively ill thought out. Your knowledge of almost everything is paper thin and based on a quick read of wikipedia and you have a decades long history of making false accusations against a range of people from Stewart Gilmour through to the SNP councillor your wife ran away with. You operate and sustain personal vendettas far beyond the point of being reasonable and you have a total and utter absence of any resemblamce of self awareness. You have zero credibility. Zero. It is obvious why these people are ignoring you. Whateve the problems are Stuart we can be assured of one thing. You are never going to be the solution.

No need to denegrate people whoever they might be or views they hold. IMHO

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You're returning post is almost as shite as Pozzy's, that ignoramus from Cumbernauld. :lol:

On 11/28/2016 at 1:02 PM, St.Ricky said:

I am not posting this to start a re-run of arguments regarding the old board, how good they were, how bad they were, or how could they leave us in this position?

We are where we are - so what can we do to support the board?

Note - buying Gordon Scott's shares in the future is not here and now helping the present board.

Come on then - lets be having your positive ideas.

How can the club raise capital?

How can the club raise the money coming into the club week by week, month by month, year by year?

Our fantastic support are already doing fantastic amounts of great work to help the club.

First port of call is the fans council.  They worked tirelessly to help bring about the 1877 club, they run a golf day to raise funds for youth development, run or have run various functions at the ground, organised food bank collections, sell scratch cards and even recently helped clean the bloody seats.  I can confidently say that I am doing them an injustice be mentioning only a few of the many great deeds they carry out on behalf of the club.

The fans through the medium of Smisa have actually put hard earned cash into the club.  Smisa over the years have also done great deeds in aid of our club.  I recall the the days in the early 1990's when towels were cleaned, terracing painted all the way through to the purchase of Stuart Keane.  Smisa (I believe) were insturmental in the building of the new disabled platform.  Many fans continue to put money into a common fund in order to buy the club.  Some are highly important premier members of Smisa and some can only afford the peasant membership, yet still they contribute.  You cannot ask these people to do any more.  Also I acknowledge that I am also doing Smisa a great dis-service by failing to mention many of the great deeds they have carried out for our club.

The general season ticket holder has also shown great loyalty to our club over the past 3 seasons as has the much under-estimated pay at the gate punter (or pay at the kiosk in our case).  Despite the mind numbing rubbish that has for the over whelming part been on show, these people still show up on a Saturday.

We also have the supporters clubs who run buses at great expense and soldier on tirelessly ferrying (well conveying by coach) fans to away game after away game.

The problems at our club are NOTHING to do with our great and wonderful fanbase.  The problems at our club are entirely the fault of people at the club and not us poor buggers who faithfully follow.

So in response to the original posters question:

You cannot ask these people to do anything more!

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

No need to denegrate people whoever they might be or views they hold. IMHO

Yes there is. Challenging people and their views is important.

I am perfectly entitled to challenge him in the way I have done.

Nothing offensive in what I have said and all of it is true.

If Stuart wants to learn how to get important people to listen to him he needs to understand why they are ignoring him.

Oh and he sure as hell doesnt need you fighting his battles for him so why not save your patronising tone for other posters.

Edited by oaksoft

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If Stuart wants to learn how to get important people to listen to him he needs to understand why they are ignoring him.

Oh and he sure as hell doesnt need you fighting his battles for him so why not save your patronising tone for other posters.

Not needed. Neither patronising nor was I defending any individual. By all means take a different view but no need to use a smart tounged to belittle people. 

7 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Our fantastic support are already doing fantastic amounts of great work to help the club.

First port of call is the fans council.  They worked tirelessly to help bring about the 1877 club, they run a golf day to raise funds for youth development, run or have run various functions at the ground, organised food bank collections, sell scratch cards and even recently helped clean the bloody seats.  I can confidently say that I am doing them an injustice be mentioning only a few of the many great deeds they carry out on behalf of the club.

The fans through the medium of Smisa have actually put hard earned cash into the club.  Smisa over the years have also done great deeds in aid of our club.  I recall the the days in the early 1990's when towels were cleaned, terracing painted all the way through to the purchase of Stuart Keane.  Smisa (I believe) were insturmental in the building of the new disabled platform.  Many fans continue to put money into a common fund in order to buy the club.  Some are highly important premier members of Smisa and some can only afford the peasant membership, yet still they contribute.  You cannot ask these people to do any more.  Also I acknowledge that I am also doing Smisa a great dis-service by failing to mention many of the great deeds they have carried out for our club.

The general season ticket holder has also shown great loyalty to our club over the past 3 seasons as has the much under-estimated pay at the gate punter (or pay at the kiosk in our case).  Despite the mind numbing rubbish that has for the over whelming part been on show, these people still show up on a Saturday.

We also have the supporters clubs who run buses at great expense and soldier on tirelessly ferrying (well conveying by coach) fans to away game after away game.

The problems at our club are NOTHING to do with our great and wonderful fanbase.  The problems at our club are entirely the fault of people at the club and not us poor buggers who faithfully follow.

So in response to the original posters question:

You cannot ask these people to do anything more!

TT.

Many thanks. 

Perhaps you are correct that many do.

Well done to those you describe. 

But some may have ideas to share.

All I am doing is to encourage them to do so. .

And there is where you are wrong.

In any business the customer is the important person. Without customers there is no CEO, no Chairman and no business. Most people with any sort of business mind will know that.

Now of course they don't have to listen to customers. They don't have to listen to me. But if they aren't listening it makes a lie of their claim they are leaving no stones unturned and if the business or indeed the customer organisation I am a member of isn't aligned with my principles and its not satisfying my need then I will most probably spend my money elsewhere.

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not needed. Neither patronising nor was I defending any individual. By all means take a different view but no need to use a smart tounged to belittle people. 

Seriously, did someone put you in charge of the naughty step without telling the rest of us?

Away and give us peace.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

And there is where you are wrong.

In any business the customer is the important person. Without customers there is no CEO, no Chairman and no business. Most people with any sort of business mind will know that.

Now of course they don't have to listen to customers. They don't have to listen to me. But if they aren't listening it makes a lie of their claim they are leaving no stones unturned and if the business or indeed the customer organisation I am a member of isn't aligned with my principles and its not satisfying my need then I will most probably spend my money elsewhere.

And there is part of your problem. You think YOU are important.

They are not listening to YOU. That is all you need to know. Dont over generalise. This is about you personally being ignored.

Businesses cannot survive without customers but they CAN survive without your custom.

I think we all remember you boasting on here about attacking a member of staff at Argos. Who wants to deal with a person like that?

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Why oh why do we reduce the level of debate and input to personality differences on the forum? Whatever our approach we share one thing surely and that is our desire for the club to grow and prosper. 

What on earth are you wittering on about?

Edited by oaksoft

And there is part of your problem. You think YOU are important.

They are not listening to YOU. That is all you need to know. Dont over generalise. This is about you personally being ignored.

Businesses cannot survive without customers but they CAN survive without your custom.

I think we all remember you boasting on here about attacking a member of staff at Argos. Who wants to deal with a person like that?

It was Comet..... and look where they are today :rolleyes:

Ofcourse they don't need to listen to me, however it won't stop me pointing out everytime I'm proved right and they are proved wrong

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Oaksoft. 

Of it needs to be explained to you....which I doubt.....then you wouldn't get it. And I mean no offence .

My question was rhetorical FFS.

With respect you are not capable of offending me. Nobody is.

You seem to annoy people even more than I do. How on earth is that even possible.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It was Comet..... and look where they are today :rolleyes:

Ofcourse they don't need to listen to me, however it won't stop me pointing out everytime I'm proved right and they are proved wrong

Look at where you BOTH are today. Ignored, forgotten and insignificant.

Mind you I might be joining you soon. Ricky looks like he is about to explode. Is it possible to passive aggressive yourself to death?

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

My question was rhetorical FFS.

With respect you are not capable of offending me. Nobody is.

You seem to annoy people even more than I do. How on earth is that even possible.

Rhetorical indeed. Forfend that I should offend you dear boy! 

I wouldn't dream of trying. It would be tiresome. 

Instead I will get on with having opinions and be happy that others have their own without name calling. 

Look at where you BOTH are today. Ignored, forgotten and insignificant.

Mind you I might be joining you soon. Ricky looks like he is about to explode. Is it possible to passive aggressive yourself to death?

Ignored and forgotten, yet you've returned from several months of absence specifically to respond to my posts. :rolleyes: