Remember The 3d Tray On Way To School

Isle Of Bute Saint

Potatoes with a stupid usless toy inside it.-  MB bars shit chocolate and cheap fondent but when your a nipper they were great. -  White Mice :) - Black Jacks. Penny Caramels. - Pink Bubble Gum  who could make the biggest bubble. What do you remember? 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

As part of my job I inspect food factories ( amongst other things) including sweetie & cake factories :)

It's fascinating seeing various sweets being made / wrapped etc and I get no end of freebies :)

Chocolate tools / Chelsea whoppers / dainty toffee amongst my favourites

I liked a quarter of sweet peanuts & sherbet lemons

Happy days ... until the dentist visit

As part of my job I inspect food factories ( amongst other things) including sweetie & cake factories [emoji4]

It's fascinating seeing various sweets being made / wrapped etc and I get no end of freebies [emoji4]

Chocolate tools / Chelsea whoppers / dainty toffee amongst my favourites

I liked a quarter of sweet peanuts & sherbet lemons

Happy days ... until the dentist visit

I'd never heard of Chelsea Whoppers until my girlfriend found some in Moffat a few months ago. Jeez they were awful. Powder dry things that were supposed to to taste vague of chocolate.

I've no idea what the 3d tray was supposed to to be but cola cubes or sour plumes were my favourite

I'd never heard of Chelsea Whoppers until my girlfriend found some in Moffat a few months ago. Jeez they were awful. Powder dry things that were supposed to to taste vague of chocolate.

I've no idea what the 3d tray was supposed to to be but cola cubes or sour plumes were my favourite

Sour plumes, no surprise there [emoji12]

For me it was the penny tray or 1/2 penny tray, Chocolate buttons with hundreds & 1000's all over them, white mice were good also

And old pennies at that. There was also the tuppeny tray with sherbet dabs and those health giving sweets the licorice pipe and cigarette holder. But there was nothing to beat home made candy balls as tuppence worth would last all day.

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Potatoes with a stupid usless toy inside it.-  MB bars shit chocolate and cheap fondent but when your a nipper they were great. -  White Mice :) - Black Jacks. Penny Caramels. - Pink Bubble Gum  who could make the biggest bubble. What do you remember? 

As has been mention , there were also the tuppeny tray and the ha'penny tray but of course , if you were really flush , there was the tanner tray. .

i liked the chocolate cigars and the sweetie cigarettes. . Took me years to get rid of the addiction mind. .:o

What's all this buying commercially produced confectionary?

Us true 50s working class, sharing a bottle of American Cream Soda and saliva types, went to the bakers in Canal Street and got a bag of short cake ends for a halfpenny, maybe a penny. (inflationary days).

True luxury was finding a bit in the bag with a currant attached.

5 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Us true 50s working class, sharing a bottle of American Cream Soda and saliva types, went to the bakers in Canal Street and got a bag of short cake ends for a halfpenny, maybe a penny. (inflationary days).

There was one on Neilston Road also we called brokes. 

5 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

There was a bakers beside the Williamsburgh School where yo could get a big bag of 'broken' cakes for next to heehaw.  Great for lunch!!

53 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

There was a bakers beside the Williamsburgh School where yo could get a big bag of 'broken' cakes for next to heehaw.  Great for lunch!!

The wulliebugs (worrying nickname) pupils also used to warm themselves in Winter (before going into the playground) on the Bakery rid-brick walls