USH Statement

17 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What we really need is for the board to supplement the playing budget with 50k or so to fund the acquisition of 2-3 first team ready players till May. That along with giving the manager scope to mix up his current budget with regards to punting and replacing.

50k may seem a lot, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what we will lose if we get relegated. It could be the best 50k this club has ever spent.

£50K?

Where is that coming from?

19 minutes ago, rea said:

And is still owed £10,000

FFS

WE'RE DOOMED !!!!

What the hell has been going on down Greenhill Road ?

THE SMISA 2 QUID OPTION LIST IS GONNAE STRETCH FROM THE STADIUM TAE PAISLEY CROSS. :o

So if the club knew in the summer and then had it confirmed in October that the heating wasn't working should they not have had the pitch covers down anyway?

Did all of the other issues come to light after the takeover or did the price paid for the club take these into account?

You don't view a house that needs a lot of work done and still pay an overinflated asking price after the survey highlights the issues.

I see a few suggestions regarding a rainy day fund...

I had thought that £5 (of the Smisa £12) was a 'rainy day fund' ?  

When the club hits its cash flow problem spell towards the end of the season, who is funding that shortfall under the new setup. It previously was short-term directors loans as far as I was aware. 

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:15 PM, div said:

I'd imagine the playing budget will stay roughly unchanged. The club financial year is to end of May, in line with the football season. The budget therefore will be already set for the season and that includes the wage bill.

Our average home gate last season was 3549 and so far this season, despite everything, it's 3448 so it's fair to assume we won't be miles behind in terms of projected gate revenue.

We're into the last 4 of the fizzy pop cup and we're into the 4th round of the Scottish, so they will both be generating at least some additional revenue.

I'd expect the manager to have scope to bring in 2-3 players in January once Hardie & Walsh leave but of course it all depends on who he can get, and on what terms. If he can move others on, like Hutton for example, then we might be able to do more. Problem with him is that he's on a 2 year deal so he won't be easy to shift.

The league attendance figure was boosted by the last day gate against Newco - I doubt we'll be able to maintain the current average and it my well end up close to 3,000.

Last years cup revenue was boosted by the CC CupS/F also against Newco and was mentioned as one of the reasons last seasons Accounts looked relatively healthy.

If the bumpy period is Jan-April then as Irving Berlin said "There May Be Trouble Ahead",

IIRC the Premium Package of the Buy the Buds campaign was marketed as going towards a rainy day fund or did that change?

Smoking Gun Question - what did CEO and current Board member Tony Fitzpatrick know about the USH situation prior to the takeover? He either knew or he should've known - in either case I don't think there are any grounds, other than sympathy, for asking the old regime for money.

Edited by Bud the Baker

If we were in amongst the promotion spots, there might be an argument to fix the USH but only if USH is essential for entry into the SPL.

With us rooted to the bottom of div 1 (the championship) and relegation a genuine fear, we won't be able to afford to run it (at £4K per week) even if it only gets turned on once in a blue moon.

Leave it broke and fix it when we know we really really need it fixed. By that time, the fella from Hull might have some spare time and the SMISA monies (£2 per month) can be spent on something more worthwhile (& not the academy)

Edited by Kombibuddie

55 minutes ago, melmac said:

As bitter as it may be, its maybe worthwhile SMISA asking members to up contributions for a period. This is the toughest period for the club that I've known, would an extra, say, £3 kill anybody?

Why don't we all just get our wages paid into SMFC?

Edited by HSS

Why we persist in playing in the winter is totally absurd.Whilst I have a season ticket I just don't look forward to sitting out in freezing conditions.After sixty years of supporting Saints perhaps I am just getting old and soft.But really why would you sit outside in winter when you wouldn't dream of having barbecue outside at this time of the year.Its time for the SPFL to wake up and smell the coffee.We should copy the Irish League and the likes of Sweden and Denmark and have total winter shutdown in my opinion saving clubs on USH and above all just of the paying public.

2 minutes ago, melmac said:

Hey guys, we essentially are part of the board. Rather than people just bumping their gums about other parties splashing the cash, they maybe need to realise what they signed up for and the consequences of doing nothing and doing something.

Oh Ok. Well let me copy Gordon Scott and all the other shareholders and do nothing. :rolleyes: 

Hey guys, we essentially are part of the board. Rather than people just bumping their gums about other parties splashing the cash, they maybe need to realise what they signed up for and the consequences of doing nothing and doing something.

Meaning what exactly?
What do you propose and what would the benefits be?

Really?

So there is not a lot of money coming into the club; there are significant repairs / outlays required; the playing side needs investment to try and keep us in the league; where do you think the money is coming from? SMISA are a large shareholder and maybe its time members step up to the plate and not think the jobs was done by ousting the last board.