St Mirren v Raith Rovers SPFL Championship 10/12/16

shull

Gallacher, Irvine, Naysmith, McAllister, Quinn, Morgan and Shankland were all outstanding.

In fact, nobody had a bad game, but those were the stand outs.

What a difference Quinn makes to us. It's vital that we keep him fit for the rest of the season.

Young McAllister is going to be a brilliant player. He's been superb in his handful of starts recently. Get the contract negotiations going now! 

A great all round effort. Gallagher looks a new man. Tremendous between the sticks. Awful dive apart Shankland looked sharp and was at the centre of a lot of incisive moves. McAlister was tremendous and is the ball carrying midfielder we've needed for ages. Also fills in for the improving Naismith when he bombs up the park and I think big Naismith had his best game of the season. Centre half's all good inc. Webster who was calm and effective when drawn upon. Morgan however man of the match for me. Goal sublime and his piss taking at the corner flag at the end worth the attendance money alone. We can stay up for sure. Also have to add Mark Stewart is an odious little chunt.

Three words suffice tonight. Magnificent Team Effort. Wonderful resilience for a change and for the first time this season I genuinely believe we might escape this horrific trap door. Well done Saints and a particular mention to those who turned up today. We were magnificent especially towards the end, roared the boys home. Long may it continue and roll on next Saturday, life is good again.

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

Tremendous resilience, the sort of stuff that's been missing until the last week or so. Gallacher was superb in the second half and that's the best I've seen Shankland in a while.

EDIT: Fans were tremendous today - even singing in the main stand!

The atmosphere was fantastic today.  More of this please and yes I was singing too.COYS

Only 2630 souls in the stadium but it was rocking in that second half. All you need to create an atmosphere anywhere is entertaining football and a positive attitude on the pitch. Morgan's goal was sublime and we attacked with pace and passion. Defence still looks shaky but some excellent backs to the wall defending. Keeper had great game but Naismith was MOTM for me. Young boys playing huge part in turnaround. Thought Sutton was weakest link today upfront and for this game anyway Hardin may have been better option

Just home from the game, really enjoyable today, the good times are on the way back under Jack Ross.

Naismith is starting to look like his old self, starting to look a lot fitter.

Big shout out to the young boys again and I thought the keeper was superb.

Please get McAllister on a new contract next :)

The buddies are back :)

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Well done guys. :)

But how did we manage to win that without the International experience of Hutton?

Suddenly the "shambles" of a squad is looking capable of reaching safety and midtable by the end of the season. Perhaps when Hutton returns and comes into the reckoning for a place in a team playing with confidence he will look fine as well?

After so many games racking up at the Feegie Field of Bad Dreams and leaving feeling apathetic at best, the most pleasing aspect for me today was that at long last, the defence seemed connected to the midfield, who seemed connected to the attacks we mounted. Too often, opposition teams came to our midden and looked fitter, better organised and more tactically adept.

Hopefully this means Jack Ross has something about him that Craig, Murray and Rae clearly did not. Very encouraged today - but this being St Mirren, there's always the risk of things going tits-up in spectacular fashion, so while I am about to crack open a beer in celebration... I might make it a wee hauf 'n' hauf shandy... just in case. 

'Shhhhhh!'  B)