St Mirren v Raith Rovers SPFL Championship 10/12/16

shull

Well done guys. [emoji4]

But how did we manage to win that without the International experience of Hutton?

Anyone know how the club he got sent on loan to did today?

They were claiming for penalty which it msy well have been. However FCK them he Never gave it . as he gave us f all in the match Who Cares

McManus also claimed afterwards they didn't know why the goal was ruled out for offside in the first half. You know, the goal they scored about 10 seconds after the flag went up and the ref stopped play? What a fanny, no wonder he fitted in at Cappielow with that lack of brain cells.

So far we've had Gallagher, Naismith, McKenzie, Morgan, McAllister and Shankland all named as forumsters MOM.

What can this mean!?

Great performances again today from all involved, For me a special well done to Gallagher for that second half performance.

(Does anyone know who sings the version of Dirty Ol' Town played at the game today)?

This was a game we would most certainly have thrown away previously. A hard fought win with no little amount of skill on show from the youngsters. While I felt we gave away too much in the midfield we looked dangerous at almost every attack and, at the back, Gallagher had easily his best game in a Saints strip, McKenzie won almost everything in the air while Webster was cool and calm after he came on. The young lads just might yet save our season. Real talent coming through from Ralston now.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Well done guys. :)

But how did we manage to win that without the International experience of Hutton?

Do you mean the Kyle Hutton that now has less league wins to his season than we now do.

Blub really is the gift that just keeps giving.:lol:

2 hours ago, scam75 said:

Morgan however man of the match for me. Goal sublime and his piss taking at the corner flag at the end worth the attendance money alone. 

Lucky enough to be seated at that corner. Morgan's skill was mesmerising. First, two Raith players moved in on him and Shankland, then three, then four! The Raith players were going mad! Shankland showed off some good touches too! Brilliant!

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

I thought that they should have been given a penalty at the end. However this was in minute 5 of added on time which shouldn't have been added on.

The ref was hopeless.

Mate thought the same. I couldn't tell since my hands were over my eyes from the 90mins  :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Mate thought the same. I couldn't tell since my hands were over my eyes from the 90mins  :ph34r:

St Mirren always make it really exciting when they have a lead towards the end. 

It would be boring to be 3 or 4 up. The referee liked it so much he didn't want it to end.

3 minutes ago, Kendo said:

St Mirren always make it really exciting when they have a lead towards the end. 

It would be boring to be 3 or 4 up. The referee liked it so much he didn't want it to end.

Ref can pay for my new underpants then :rolleyes:  A draw was likely fair over the 100 mins of the game but we were due some luck this season.

59 minutes ago, saint since 62 said:

All the rave reviews for the young players are very well deserved and Morgans goal was an absolute beauty.  I thought the introduction of McLear was very interesting. Given the slender lead and his lack of experience the manager must really trust this boy. 

Rate McLear highly but for me he should be playing up top. The boy is brave, quick, got an excellent touch and can finish. 

Edited by insaintee

Thought we still needed to be sharper up front. We should have gone in ahead first half and thought it would come back to bit us on the arse.  Pleased it never and other then the one on one that gallacher saved the back four looked ok. 

The penalty claim by Raith was a joke. Came of a Raith hand. We had two better claims turned down. 

No failures but thought Irvine was a bit of the pace. 

Morgan MOM for me. 

Kick on Saints Kick on!

My abiding memory will be when near the end of the first half,we were being pounded, and players were throwing themselves in front of the ball to block crosses ,shots and anything else coming in.

What a difference a fit Quinn makes to the team,he does all the dirty work and does it well

My old ticker was hammering ,can we have a defibrillator from SMISA please ?..