St Mirren v Raith Rovers SPFL Championship 10/12/16

shull

23 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Loved the Raith fans singing your Fecking Sh*te. And us getting it right up them.

Not the first 2 bit outfit to kick us while we're down.

Enjoy.

We're a 2.5 bit outfit and we'll be back kicking sand in their faces before long. Clubs always find their level and end up back where they came from, which for us, doesn't involve having the likes of Raith Rovers look down their noses at us.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I always take my special binoculars when I travel. :) . Cannot celebrate too much tonight as pish lager (which I am loathe to drink) is £8 a pint. Back tomorrow so can have a Guinness and a Laphroaig then :)

Best £8 you'll ever spend, in celebrating today's victory.:)

Not the first 2 bit outfit to kick us while we're down.
Enjoy.
We're a 2.5 bit outfit and we'll be back kicking sand in their faces before long. Clubs always find their level and end up back where they came from, which for us, doesn't involve having the likes of Raith Rovers look down their noses at us.

Beautifully put.

Think there should be a wee nod to Andy Webster today Couldn't have been easy coming back into the team after the way his last outing went. But he was cool as a cucumber today Hats off to a real pro who played a big part in the win More of that please Andy

7 minutes ago, Slash said:

"My wife can't understand how on a Saturday I can subject myself to some of the stuff I get. She has only ever been to three games in the 15 years I have refereed. She finds it difficult to listen to what is being shouted," he said.

Cook is more tolerant. "Maybe the guys doing the shouting have a difficult home life," he said. "If they are venting their rage at me then maybe it means other people are having an easier time."

Yes, that explains it. :huh: Difficult home life. Not inept refereeing.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think it should be actively encouraged.

I remember Hamilton doing this to us. I was in the Sainbury's end (I had been late and Hamilton took the lead just as I got out of my car. F*ck paying in.) where people were pishing themselves at the sight of the ballboys standing like statues as the ball rolled past them into the distance.Really obvious that they had been coached to do it.

What was the story with our ball boy throwing the ball away?
Bad sportsmanship from us and should not be allowed.

In the second half Gallacher told the ball boys behind the goal to stay seated and not chase any stray balls. The only time I saw them chasing for a ball was when it went in the stand behind the goals.

I actually thought the referee was fine in the second half, but dreadful during the first half. I think he added on too much time, but to be fair, he could easily have booked Gallacher for time wasting, and two of our players, one being Shankland, for deliberately kicking the ball away. Just my opinion, but he was far from the worst referee I've seen. He did us a favour by not showing St Mirren players cards for the incidents I mentioned. Willie Collum would have brandished three reds today before having to disappear up the tunnel to take care of his raging hard-on.

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Thank Christ we didn't get the likes of Gus or Calderwood in, the youngsters would be nowhere near the team.

Jack Ross will keep us up this season then we will be pushing for promotion back to the premier league the following season :)

Bang on . Great post .

13 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I remember Hamilton doing this to us. I was in the Sainbury's end (I had been late and Hamilton took the lead just as I got out of my car. F*ck paying in.) where people were pishing themselves at the sight of the ballboys standing like statues as the ball rolled past them into the distance.Really obvious that they had been coached to do it.

Aye, I was at that game, too.

Infuriating if you are the opposition team. Much like the time wasting corner flag stuff:lol:

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I actually thought the referee was fine in the second half, but dreadful during the first half. I think he added on too much time, but to be fair, he could easily have booked Gallacher for time wasting, and two of our players, one being Shankland, for deliberately kicking the ball away. Just my opinion, but he was far from the worst referee I've seen. He did us a favour by not showing St Mirren players cards for the incidents I mentioned. Willie Collum would have brandished three reds today before having to disappear up the tunnel to take care of his raging hard-on.

He also could have sent Quinn off for a trip late on in the game . Thought he was poor all round .

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

He also could have sent Quinn off for a trip late on in the game . Thought he was poor all round .

That was a tired tackle, but never a booking. Nor was the yellow he did receive. The referee was abysmal throughout.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

That was a tired tackle, but never a booking. Nor was the yellow he did receive. The referee was abysmal throughout.

I agree with you . What I mean is , the way the ref had been throughout, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd sent him off .

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

I agree with you . What I mean is , the way the ref had been throughout, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd sent him off .

Aye, without a doubt. Cook gave some terrible decisions against Raith, too, in fairness. Just a  shockingly bad official.