Relegation

Some on here may think I'm deluded, but I still think there's every chance that we can stay up.

There's not much between any of the teams, and when we get that first win it'll take a lot of pressure off the players. Our playing squad is at least as good as those of Dumbarton, Dunfermline, QoS, Ayr and Morton. If we win a couple of games, the pressure goes back on those above us and we (players, management and fans) can start to build a bit of momentum.

Aye, it's not great being 9 and 10 points behind our nearest rivals but we've got over half the season to go, and I'm sure Dumbarton and Dunfermline will be dreading us getting our first win. If we were in their position, we'd be looking behind us and fearing the worst.   

7 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

I'm sorry but I don't really get the "I'm not going back" brigade.

Your either a supporter or your not a supporter. If you can't go every week due to work, family commitments or finance, then that's understandable.

But to choose not to go, until we win a couple of matches, I don't get that.

Now is the time to show some support, even if we are shite.

Sorry mate but why should paying customers support.

This is a football club not a family pet or a relative. The fare is cack. And Ayr, Sons and Pars are more concerned for 9th Just like last season 10th is a given ( who managed them again?)

Every team targets us for 3 points, home or away. So far every team JR has played has achieved that. The only thing JR knows to do at this level is lose....... players, BOD, whatever, fed up with the playing better pish..........  U can play well and lose but not EVERY week.......

Blame can sit wherever it wants this isn't Ripping Yarns with 4 old men and a funny coach, we have players earning more than 70% of the division.

As I said my gran dead 20 years could have a better record. So why should roll up pay money to watch a team that last point was a 85th min draw against Falkirk  2 months ago.

See better football at Beith

St Mirren till they die, at this rate will be before 2021

Well go and watch Beith.

I'm a supporter, not a customer.

I get anxious when I'm not at a game and I'm always looking at my phone for updates. I don't do that when I'm not at Asda or Ann Summers.

My Saturdays will always involve watching St Mirren when I can until health, finance or otherwise stops me from doing so.

20 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

6 league games each

Rae Draw 3 Lost 3

Ross Lost 6

I'd settle for not losing 50% of the games just now , it's points on the board that matter , no points for self esteem.

So we'd be 6 points behind instead of 9? For me there was nothing positive from Rae this season. I would have liked more  from the side under Jack Ross but I think he is starting to get more from the team and I'm still hopeful for the remainder of the season

25 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

I'm sorry but I don't really get the "I'm not going back" brigade.

Your either a supporter or your not a supporter. If you can't go every week due to work, family commitments or finance, then that's understandable.

But to choose not to go, until we win a couple of matches, I don't get that.

Now is the time to show some support, even if we are shite.

What's not to get? I think it's pretty simple. If you aren't enjoying it, don't waste your leisure time and your money doing it. 

On Saturday we took the decision not to go to Falkirk and instead watched the Motherwell v Celtic match on telly. Did we make the wrong choice? Did we f**k. What a game that was. Motherwell scored some beautiful goals and had Celtic on the ropes a few times but just couldn't deliver the knock out blow. Thrilling stuff, almost enough to make an grumpy old bastard love the game again. And to top it off I changed channels as the match ended to see the brilliant end to the Manchester City v Chelsea match. Great stuff and I didn't leave my armchair. 

On Sunday I had a wee argument with myself. The romance of the FA Cup, Curzon Ashton v AFC Wimbledon, or should I go for Bournemouth v Liverpool. As Liverpool took a 3-1 lead I checked on the other match. What an idiot I thought. Curzon 3-0 up going into the last ten minutes and AFC Wimbledon win 4-3. I wished I'd watched that......then Bournemouth scored, and scored again and scored again. Superb stuff. Looks like I wasn't so stupid after all. Football is brilliant, isn't it. 

And then there is St Mirren. Pumped again, shite defending at set pieces, an idiotic centre half, and a club falling apart. What the f**k went wrong? After years of staying away or going and not paying I made a choice to come back and watch St Mirren this season. Fan ownership, that would be fantastic. The club will soar from here I thought. Instead it hasn't. It's been utterly flat. The team on the park is shite, and off the park the match day experience is a f**king nightmare, whether it's Phil playing his records through the tannoy for half the match, being deafened by what I presume was feedback, being shut out the car park, seeing the chairman break his promises with regard to free tickets for people who beat him in the Paisley race, a broken promise from the CEO, shit customer service on the phone lines, and months passing without any sign of activity in progressing the clubs community goals from the board or SMiSA, and now the latest attempt to weasel fans cash out of SMiSA to cover routine maintenance bills that the business should be capable of covering themselves. Perhaps it's just me and the fact that this was the club I supported as a boy, but I've contributed to a fair few fan takeovers of their football clubs and I can honestly say this one has been the least rewarding, least exciting and least interesting so far. 

It's not just about the team performance, I remember watching Tony Fitzpatricks team of failures in the mid to late 90's being utterly shite, but the match day experience at least made up for it. There was a decent panda who put thought into his performances, Phil was edgy, and whilst the team on the park was rubbish, it felt like you were watching kids who would one day do something in the game. The life has been drained utterly from the club. It doesn't even know how to work with the local community to establish a cause that fans can rally round. It's dying and instead of administering the kiss of life Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatick, Chris Stewart, David Nicol and Alan Wardrop seem utterly rooted to the spot. I watched Tony Fitzpatrick promise people in the 1877 club that big things were happening behind the scenes. Well it's time to wheel one of them out as a success and give it publicity, cause somethings got to happen to take peoples minds off the unmitigated shite they are paying through the nose for. 

So you're going to walk away from the club. Ok. That's fine.

Well why come on here and make it look as if you are a St Mirren supporter then. If you're not then f**k off.

I've no idea why people have got such an issue with you as I've only been on here a year or so but I've gave you the benefit of the doubt, until now.

I couldn't give a f**k what you did or didn't do at the weekend.

So why not leave the forum to those that actually care about the club and f**k off.

1 minute ago, El Gingero said:

So you're going to walk away from the club. Ok. That's fine.

Well why come on here and make it look as if you are a St Mirren supporter then. If you're not then f**k off.

I've no idea why people have got such an issue with you as I've only been on here a year or so but I've gave you the benefit of the doubt, until now.

I couldn't give a f**k what you did or didn't do at the weekend.

So why not leave the forum to those that actually care about the club and f**k off.

I think Stuart makes a lot of decent points but fails to recognise the emotional ties that some supporters have.

If it was all down to his "common sense" approach then there would be almost no supporters attending as most of the football on view is shite but it's more than that to many supporters.

Unfortunately, as time goes past, more people see football as simply a commodity and as such will decide to leave  and pass time and spend money on other things, which is already happening IMO.

I think Stuart makes a lot of decent points but fails to recognise the emotional ties that some supporters have.

If it was all down to his "common sense" approach then there would be almost no supporters attending as most of the football on view is shite but it's more than that to many supporters.

Unfortunately, as time goes past, more people see football as simply a commodity and as such will decide to leave  and pass time and spend money on other things, which is already happening IMO.

I get that. I really do.

But the "fans" are hurting like hell and desperate to find a win from somewhere. We don't need folk on saying they can't be arsed going and deliberately watched other games whilst slagging everybody and everything connected with the club.

The guys on the park need our support every week right now. It's easy to wave a flag and buy a cup final hat and tell people you're a St Mirren fan....Not so easy to go to Dumfries two weeks before Xmas and freeze your nuts off.

Just now, El Gingero said:

I get that. I really do.

But the "fans" are hurting like hell and desperate to find a win from somewhere. We don't need folk on saying they can't be arsed going and deliberately watched other games whilst slagging everybody and everything connected with the club.

The guys on the park need our support every week right now. It's easy to wave a flag and buy a cup final hat and tell people you're a St Mirren fan....Not so easy to go to Dumfries two weeks before Xmas and freeze your nuts off.

Spot on.

The poster you refer to actually has some worthwhile contribution to make to both the club and the forum, unfortunately it's all lost in a sea of "Me, Me Me" and constant whining and moaning about almost every single department of the club.

I've had to add him to my ignore list, I couldn't put up with his pish any longer.

Suggest you try that mate, he really ain't worth replying to.

I can see why people decide to stay away, it is crap supporting us most of the time. Weekends ruined, partners fallen out with because of the performance of a football team!

However, that's not for me. I don't think it makes you more of a supporter that you refuse to not attend a game and to be honest I think it's better for you, the other fans and the team that you stay away if it makes you miserable.

47 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

It's the same folk on here between 3:00 and 5:00 on a Saturday who never go to a game that talk the most shite.

Ever heard of a mobile phone. Probably not?

I certainly don't need to justify my support over the last 42 years to anyone, certainly none of the black blazer wankers on here.....

Unless u get in for free your also paying................

As for ur guys on the park, you seem to think that support is be all. Its not.............

We are hurting like hell- Are the players ?- is the manager-? by  a result driven business I would say no.

And I did support Beith- they were playing Ton Sat , unless you missed it

Of course I've heard of a mobile phone - why would you think I don't ?

I didn't ask you to justify your support. I don't know you so can't gauge if you do or don't go.

What's a black blazer wanker?

Why would I get in for free?

I am hurting, yes. Players, not so much. They can walk away at the end of the season and play for someone else. I can't support anyone else......Except the mighty Blades.

Of course I know Beith played Morton - I have 3 friends who are die hard Morton supporters.

8 minutes ago, div said:

Spot on.

The poster you refer to actually has some worthwhile contribution to make to both the club and the forum, unfortunately it's all lost in a sea of "Me, Me Me" and constant whining and moaning about almost every single department of the club.

I've had to add him to my ignore list, I couldn't put up with his pish any longer.

Suggest you try that mate, he really ain't worth replying to.

FFS why is it some on here take this " we are better supporters than u stance" Well seen ur not in marketing............

Leave some fans to vent.......................it is allowed.............

2 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Of course I've heard of a mobile phone - why would you think I don't ?

I didn't ask you to justify your support. I don't know you so can't gauge if you do or don't go.

What's a black blazer wanker?

Why would I get in for free?

I am hurting, yes. Players, not so much. They can walk away at the end of the season and play for someone else. I can't support anyone else......Except the mighty Blades.

Of course I know Beith played Morton - I have 3 friends who are die hard Morton supporters.

Players, not so much. They can walk away at the end of the season - Spot on..........

El- I am like u hurting. My mate in here in McGraw jnr, so imagine the stick I get............

So let me let off some steam. I don't shout abuse at players or management. This is my voice and why I joined

St mirren are either in your DNA or they are not. Up and down the land fans are stabbed through the heart as another defeat is announced. The discomfort of a loss is always there cos you are a fan. It's the way it is and with us seems more cruel than for others. Presently we must be one of the worst teams with the worst league record across Europe, it so bad. But would I chuck it and support someone else. No , you just can't as a poster says you are tied emotionally, destined to suffer [emoji1]

I'll admit to hating the new ground and I'll admit to not attending as fervently as I used to. I'll admit the match day experience is grim on and off the park. It's a soulless lifeless pre fab wind tunnel of a ground.

For me a part of it died off when we relocated. For me the club fabric changed and it does not feel at all like the one I used to watch at Love street, even when a lot of it was dire

We move on. It's up to the new generations of young dafties to man up in the black and white. That's life but this new era, frankly afaiac its been pretty turgid and passionless fare.

What continually slays me though is our clubs seeming ineptitude and ability to fall into trap after trap.

This present hole we have dug ourselves and that's a fact , it's our own doing, is deep with steep sides. It's going to be a while before we're out in the sun again.

The frustrating thing is the fans saw this coming but the club seems incapable of avoiding the pit falls.

I'll just settle for winning some games and bask that I've attended two major cup wins , some promotions and the odd stellar spell of football.

For now I'm just an utterly frustrated fan who hopes for better days.

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nah, I understand the emotional ties fans have. I've been there. I've probably still got one myself, otherwise why would I bother offering to help SMiSA, hold a SMiSA membership, or have attempted to e-mail James Fowler to offer some information on players that I think he should look at. I do think you are right though - that fans of the club, many long term fans of the club - have been walking away, without fuss, but walking away anyway. And that anyone who is switched on and paying attention will realise the danger that brings, especially when you look at the age demographic of the people who are actually attending matches today. 

I don't have a problem at all with El Gingero but I do find his attitude bizarre. Is there any business anywhere in the world where success is built upon them telling any complaining customers to f**k off and shop elsewhere? 

Nah, I understand the emotional ties fans have. I've been there. I've probably still got one myself, otherwise why would I bother offering to help SMiSA, hold a SMiSA membership, or have attempted to e-mail James Fowler to offer some information on players that I think he should look at. I do think you are right though - that fans of the club, many long term fans of the club - have been walking away, without fuss, but walking away anyway. And that anyone who is switched on and paying attention will realise the danger that brings, especially when you look at the age demographic of the people who are actually attending matches today. 

I don't have a problem at all with El Gingero but I do find his attitude bizarre. Is there any business anywhere in the world where success is built upon them telling any complaining customers to f**k off and shop elsewhere? 

It's not a business being a football fan, in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

It's not a business being a football fan, in my opinion.

That doesn't make sense. It's not a business being a customer of Asda either, but in each case the service provider is a business. 

However, just to entertain the suggestion that it's not a business and that it is instead a sports club - can you tell me what the likely outcome is going to be if the club committee continually piss off their membership, fail to listen to their complaints and instead tell anyone with an opinion to either suck it up or go f**k off?