Buy the buddies funds paid early

I'll engage because I stupidly went to the home page and saw your, as usual, rambling and mostly irrelevant reply.

The club is in turmoil just now, both on and off the pitch, which you've obviously chosen to ignore, in order to expel large amounts of your usual look at me blast of hot air.

Organising an initiative like Hibs have done is the last thing an already stretched board should be doing,at present.

To me it's far more important for the club to get its infrastructure in a much stronger position.

Then we can consider initiatives like this.

Quite why you're now mentioning errant drivel about Motherwell is mystifying.

It would be interesting to find out how many times Hibs have done this, given they've had a settled board for many years in comparison to our current board's 6 month tenure.

Edited by FTOF

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'll engage because I stupidly went to the home page and saw your, as usual, rambling and mostly irrelevant reply.

The club is in turmoil just now, both on and off the pitch, which you've obviously chosen to ignore, in order to expel large amounts of your usual look at me blast of hot air.

Organising an initiative like Hibs have done is the last thing an already stretched board should be doing,at present.

To me it's far more important for the club to get its infrastructure in a much stronger position.

Then we can consider initiatives like this.

Quite why you're now mentioning errant drivel about Motherwell is mystifying.

It would be interesting to find out how many times Hibs have done this, given they've had a settled board for many years in comparison to our current board's 6 month tenure.

Why do you believe the board need to, or for that fact ever will do the actual work?

it will always be volunteers, local groups, local services etc... maybe the board think they need to control it all, that would be a sign of a board in turmoil. Enable the fans and community, don't block it!

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why do you believe the board need to, or for that fact ever will do the actual work?

it will always be volunteers, local groups, local services etc... maybe the board think they need to control it all, that would be a sign of a board in turmoil. Enable the fans and community, don't block it!

Poor old FTOF. He can't get his head around this fan ownership thing at all, can he? :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Maybe we will if we get ourselves out of our current crises both on and off the pitch.

Far more important at the moment to stabilise our finances and get the team into a position where we stay in the championship.

To compare us with Hibs at the moment is pretty unfair.

Sorry fella but you will need to go back & point out where I compared us to Hibs.

3 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Engaging with the local community is vitally important for the longevity of both Buy the Buds and St Mirren Football Club. Like the Hibs Foundation initiative, not only would I like to see St Mirren engage in projects like this but at the forefront of new initiatives too.

wanting to see my club involved in similar initiatives and being at the forefront of such initiatives is not a comparison. As I explained, for the longevity of the Buy the Buds project and St Mirren Football Club, more engagement with the community will be valuable to the club. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to dream up simple, cost neutral things that gets the ball rolling but as you say, the current board are just in the door, so lets look to next year as it is too short notice to hastily arrange now.

There's the Fans Council, SMISA, the Buy a Brick Gang and the commercial manager who I am sure will, now that there is some discussion on the matter, start thinking about such initiatives for next and future years.

It's great to see the SMiSA numbers holding strong but we are in the very infancy of this, barely 5 months into a potential 10 year project.

I think most fans understand what this is really about, but there are always going to be those who use withdrawing their direct debit as some sort of "threat" against the club.

People will come and go because financial situations change, personal circumstances change. Absolutely fair. Football is a hobby and should always be well down the priority stakes.

This will be our club, we will own it, and I'm proud to be a small part of that.

If I didn't like the way the club or SMiSA was being run, rather than bleat about it I'd get off my arse and try and change things from the inside rather than throw all my toys out the pram and continually threaten to withdraw my money. Folk like that are craving attention they don't deserve.

58 minutes ago, div said:

It's great to see the SMiSA numbers holding strong but we are in the very infancy of this, barely 5 months into a potential 10 year project.

I think most fans understand what this is really about, but there are always going to be those who use withdrawing their direct debit as some sort of "threat" against the club.

People will come and go because financial situations change, personal circumstances change. Absolutely fair. Football is a hobby and should always be well down the priority stakes.

This will be our club, we will own it, and I'm proud to be a small part of that.

If I didn't like the way the club or SMiSA was being run, rather than bleat about it I'd get off my arse and try and change things from the inside rather than throw all my toys out the pram and continually threaten to withdraw my money. Folk like that are craving attention they don't deserve.

What a major arse licking job by the Club's most sooper dooper Supporter. :lol:

St Mirren fans, who you ignore,. don't crave attention by threatening the Club.

They can do what the feck they like with their own thoughts and money.

They don't need an ignoramus like you pulling rank on them.

The Club done an absolutely shite job of the Calendar Night.

Fecking hopeless organisation as usual.

They should have organised a fecking Dinner for the Weans. 

And had it on a Matchday.

Who the feck is in charge down Greenhill Road ?

1 hour ago, div said:

Everyone who posts is craving attention. If they weren't they wouldn't post. :rolleyes: 

In my case, I've offered help, offered advice, contacted SMiSA and been told to wait. I'm still waiting but I won't wait much longer. If I was a member of any other club and was unhappy with the way it was being run I'd simply cancel my membership and go elsewhere. If SMiSA aren't going to fulfill their promise to put St Mirren at the heart of the community then they don't deserve my membership fees. Someone who will put their football club at the heart of their community will be far more deserving. It's as simple as that. 

I'm also a bit perplexed about where the monthly meeting agenda's are being published or where the minutes of each meeting are being kept. Surely those should be available to members? Shouldn't they? 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I am not overfond of GS, he is just another SG , wants to be chairman but will not invest any monies, expects the supporters to pay for everything.

But you are way wrong when it comes to the work the community coaches do.

Street stuff, which includes Girls Development and dancing

Community football throughout Renfrewshire 

Walking football for the older players

Afternoon tea club for OAP

Powerchair Football at Bridge of Weir

Panda club

Football Fitness for the overweight 

First Aid training

Weddings 

Funerals

Etc etc

I am not overfond of GS, he is just another SG , wants to be chairman but will not invest any monies, expects the supporters to pay for everything.

Panda club

First Aid training

Weddings 

Funerals

Etc etc

A fair bit else under discussion too. You can't announce everything that's bounced around though, no matter the area it's in. Much better to do a bit of planning then act when you've a clear path.

As for minutes from SMISA board meetings, I'm a shareholder in Newport County and Monmouth Town and I've never seen minutes from those meetings. Fairly sure shareholders in Honda, WWE and all manner of other companies and organisations don't see minutes either. What members do get though is involvement in the process and the feeling of being part of something unique. They also receive, no matter how much some may doubt it, due consideration during these meetings. Hell, even buddiecat's rant elsewhere on here was looking at the bigger picture regarding member/fan involvement.

By "not investing any monies" do you mean over and above the £600K he's put up?

7 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

He handed the 600k to SG , not one penny has been put into the club.

so tell me how we are better off then we were, no money unless SMiSA puts it in , same position as last bunch of Directors

Ask him if he is going to put one penny into the club at the AGM

If you are looking for the fabled "White Knight" then Gordon isn't that man.

Nor should he be. Who would replace him in ten years time when we are running the club ourselves?

The club needs to grow it's annual turnover, that is what Gordon needs to bring to the table. Leaving behind a legacy of a club that is well run, punching above it's weight financially allowing it to invest in the academy, infrastructure, first team and community projects.

An individual raiding his piggy bank to prop up the club is not a sustainable model and if you think it is then you're deluded.

Back to the original post, I'd be quite happy pitching in a monthly fee of a few quid even after the club has been bought, much like we do now to fund "projects" at the club. I don't however think fans should be paying for players wages, that's another unsustainable route to follow IMO.

We need to live within our means, however boring that sounds.

1 hour ago, rebella15 said:

Panda club

First Aid training

Weddings 

Funerals

Etc etc

Seriously - weddings and funerals? You count that as a community activity? Renting out the facility? Next you'll be telling me the Premier Inn should be getting community grant funding cause they rent beds out at night :rolleyes: And the first aid stuff - is that the usual run of the mill charge local people a shed load of money to get some basic first aid training and a certificate for breathing into breathless Annie or is it teaching local school kids basic first aid for free  as part of an education programme? 

Look some of the programmes you've outlined are brilliant. I know about them and they are really positive. Some I have real issues with and it's not just me either. Short term grant funding programmes that don't provide participants with a pathway to continue their development is a serious problem and I wish our government bodies worked smarter with their funding. There's obviously loads more that could and should be done. The Hibs example or the Motherwell example are glaringly obvious for a club wanting to branding community credentials. 

1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

A fair bit else under discussion too. You can't announce everything that's bounced around though, no matter the area it's in. Much better to do a bit of planning then act when you've a clear path.

As for minutes from SMISA board meetings, I'm a shareholder in Newport County and Monmouth Town and I've never seen minutes from those meetings. Fairly sure shareholders in Honda, WWE and all manner of other companies and organisations don't see minutes either. What members do get though is involvement in the process and the feeling of being part of something unique. They also receive, no matter how much some may doubt it, due consideration during these meetings. Hell, even buddiecat's rant elsewhere on here was looking at the bigger picture regarding member/fan involvement.

I don't own shares in SMiSA though Kenny - I am a member of a club. Club committees should keep minutes of their meetings and make them available to their membership. If they don't how the hell is the membership supposed to know which committee members to re-elect and which ones to bin when it comes tot he AGM. If you do a search around the internet for Independent Supporters Associations you will see that often the way they handle it is by publishing the minutes on a password protected part of their website which members can access. Also missing from the SMiSA website is a constitution. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I don't own shares in SMiSA though Kenny - I am a member of a club. Club committees should keep minutes of their meetings and make them available to their membership. If they don't how the hell is the membership supposed to know which committee members to re-elect and which ones to bin when it comes tot he AGM. If you do a search around the internet for Independent Supporters Associations you will see that often the way they handle it is by publishing the minutes on a password protected part of their website which members can access. Also missing from the SMiSA website is a constitution. 

You actually as a member own a single share in SMISA IIRC