Directors Lounge

mozza

Got an email from smisa a couple of months back saying I had been selected for a spot in the directors lounge for the game this coming Saturday. They said in the email the club would contact me nearer the time. Still not heard anything. Emailed smisa over twitter but no reply either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

Got an email from smisa a couple of months back saying I had been selected for a spot in the directors lounge for the game this coming Saturday. They said in the email the club would contact me nearer the time. Still not heard anything. Emailed smisa over twitter but no reply either.

Cheers!

I went one day as a guest and arrived at 1:45. It's in the room that leads out to the Directors Seats. There is a finger buffet and soup, tea, coffee and a limited bar. You can have what you want. You will mix with the Directors, visiting Directors and any invited guests. Half time there's the usual buffet again and the same at full time. It's a fair spread.

Cheers!

[email protected] should get to the right person. Though, if you PM me your name I'll do a bit of extra digging for you.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Cheers!

Hi there, not sure why your DM never came up as a notification, I've sent you on an email just now. 

3 hours ago, rea said:

Top of the stair turn left through the double doors first on your right

Then take a left past the Aaron Mooy bike storeroom, go down the corridor taking care not to trip over the boxes of spare USH parts lying around, exit the corridor past the Atkinson Memorial Laundry Room and in no time at all you'll pop back out onto the street through the exclusive 'get rid of the riff raff' sliding doors.

46 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

As far as I'm aware it's for the £25.- group only. I might be mistaken.

You're right. It's the Plus group. There's a draw for each of the matches this season where one person and a guest can win a seat in the directors box for that match. 

I'm sure it'd be a great experience for most people, and a great prize too, but it's not something I'd ever be interested in. On a match day I'd much rather sit with my mate, his Father In Law and my two sons than sit in a room packed full of people I generally have very little respect for. Like all the perks I'd rather auction it or raffle it off for a charity if I was to win it. I'm sure mozza will find it an eye opener though seeing how much money directors spend putting a spread on for visiting directors whilst asking fans to pay for the maintenance of existing facilities at the club. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

4 hours ago, mozza said:

Cheers!

Did the email ask for your bank account details and PIN number, and did the guy who sent it have a brother in the Nigerian Ministry  of Finance?

16 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're right. It's the Plus group. There's a draw for each of the matches this season where one person and a guest can win a seat in the directors box for that match. 

I'm sure it'd be a great experience for most people, and a great prize too, but it's not something I'd ever be interested in. On a match day I'd much rather sit with my mate, his Father In Law and my two sons than sit in a room packed full of people I generally have very little respect for. Like all the perks I'd rather auction it or raffle it off for a charity if I was to win it. I'm sure mozza will find it an eye opener though seeing how much money directors spend putting a spread on for visiting directors whilst asking fans to pay for the maintenance of existing facilities at the club. 

I have sympathy with your view Stuart. I have attended games away from St Mirren's ground in the Directors areas but have never accepted an invitation to do so at Love Street or St Mirren Park. I also turned fown free tickets. I like to pay my way and have my say as it were.

Then take a left past the Aaron Mooy bike storeroom, go down the corridor taking care not to trip over the boxes of spare USH parts lying around, exit the corridor past the Atkinson Memorial Laundry Room and in no time at all you'll pop back out onto the street through the exclusive 'get rid of the riff raff' sliding doors.

Hey it aint the "memorial" anything just yet!!

Call me old fashioned... but I'd consider calling the club, going to the stadium and asking them, emailing the club, emailing SMiSA (not "over twitter" whatever that means), calling SMiSA (phone number on their website) sending the club a letter enclosing your contact details or even sending SMiSA a letter doing likewise.

9 minutes ago, Losing My Religion said:

Call me old fashioned... but I'd consider calling the club, going to the stadium and asking them, emailing the club, emailing SMiSA (not "over twitter" whatever that means), calling SMiSA (phone number on their website) sending the club a letter enclosing your contact details or even sending SMiSA a letter doing likewise.

I think Mozza took the right action to be honest. He's posted on the most popular St Mirren forum and Barry Mitchell of SMiSA has responded.