St Mirren v Ayr United 17 Dec 2016

St.Ricky

Very unlucky  in my opinion, Morgan was outstanding in the first half. Good on Jack Ross for throwing on forwards. Dont normaly write anything about refs but have to say was impressed. He let the game flow when  the whistle could have blown a few times not something you see in the Scottish  game. Penalty oh well it was a chance personally i would have Stevie Malan take them.  Musent grumble a point is better than nothing. glass half full undefeated in three games. 

The main thing is it is the 3rd league game in a row where we have picked up points.  If we have got a bit of confidence back, have improved performances and no longer go into games expecting to lose then I am more confident we can overtake the teams above us in the remaining half a season despite today being a day when the gap between us and the team above widens rather than closes.

15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-1

Said at half time that a draw wasn't enough, and it's not. How that second half went makes it even worse than had it stayed 0-0.

Was certainly incident packed. Firstly we get a penalty. Our regular penalty taker Mallan is on the pitch. Of the top of my head I don't remember him ever missing one. Despite this, Lawrence - zero league goals all season - Shankland bullied him of the ball and, ahem, shanks it well wide. Naturally Ayr run up the park and score soon after, cheers shanks.

Then they get Adams sent off. Looked incredibly harsh to me on first viewing. Was a late challenge and a certain yellow, never thought it was a red though.

Then big Sutts gets the equaliser but we can't find the winner in the final 10 minutes.

Overall a draw about fair. Given other scores it's an absolutely terrible result for us. It's a long way back.

you really are becoming very negative these days. Yes we are in trouble but we are trying hard with Mr Rays squad.  

you really are becoming very negative these days. Yes we are in trouble but we are trying hard with Mr Rays squad.  

Hard to be positive when we are cut adrift at the bottom of the second tier bud. This is the worst position we've been in in my 25 years following the club.

Really admire anyone who can take positives from that shite storm today.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Hard to be positive when we are cut adrift at the bottom of the second tier bud. This is the worst position we've been in in my 25 years following the club.

Really admire anyone who can take positives from that shite storm today.

6 points adrift of 3 poor sides. We can still do this.

1 hour ago, farmer john said:

come on Saints, I'm away out running before it gets dark....I hope to come back to a Saints win (and Falkirk!)

I tried that, too.  It got dark.

mibbe there's no enough of us - just going oot, running in the dark, these days?  :unsure: 

All those wasters down at the Greenhill Road should be oot runnin, tae....

Offering faithful support disnae seem tae be daein it...  :( 

Not as shit as I feel watching him play for us.
Mind boggling decision to play him ahead of Sutton today.

Shocking from Ross. Shankland who doesn't score, or Sutton who does?

Easy choice surely. Thankfully big John came on and saved the embarrassment of a loss. He must be raging at being dropped again for that impostor.

Good game, reasonable performance and unfortunate not to win.

Shankland this week's baddie. Joining Langfield, Hutton, Baird and just about everybody else this season with that honour. Not that it helps any....

Just got to keep going. Still half the season to go, and we're definitely a better looking team than we were.

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Shocking from Ross. Shankland who doesn't score, or Sutton who does?

Easy choice surely. Thankfully big John came on and saved the embarrassment of a loss. He must be raging at being dropped again for that impostor.

The manager sees what's going on in the training ground. Personally i dont think Ross got it too wrong today. Had lady luck been on our side we would have won.