SMiSA's Latest Update

SMiSA have covered the cost of the repair to the Undersoil Heating without referring to the membership. The agreement with the board of directors is that it is in the form of an interest free loan. The committee it appears thought that "it was better to put this money to use for the benefit of the club when it would be sitting in the bank otherwise." Nice, huh. 

Then the vote this month for the £2 per month spend of cash is just spend it on the playing squad, with a subsequent question of whether the membership want to top up the £2 per month pot with money left over from last month. This is not taking the form of a loan. Nope. The members of SMiSA are expected to take a gamble with the accumulated cash pot, and presumably the next three monthly cash pot, on the judgement of Jack Ross, that the one single player that this might help purchase will save the club from relegation. Sadly there were no alternative options put forward by the committee - no mention yet again of investment in community projects to put the club at the heart of the community. 

I'm going to have to seriously consider whether SMiSA have misappropriated their intentions, and whether I am willing to continue to give over £25.00 per month to a group who clearly do not intend to fulfill their pledges in their pre buyout propaganda. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Just received the latest SMISA mailing regarding the next £2 pot to be spent.

"There are other types of project we want to and will put before you in future – but we feel if there was ever a time to prioritise investment in the playing budget, it is now."

If the majority of members want to vote for that then fine. But it shouldn't be an option between investing in the playing squad or keeping the money. It seems that the SMISA committee are making a decision then giving us a yes/no vote on it. Instead of letting us vote on all available options.

It's been mentioned on here several times that the various spending options would be put forward to be voted for. Why are SMISA preventing us on voting for some of these projects just now? The £8k pot could allow us to purchase the disabled shelters for the corners at the time of year the weather is at its worse, something I would rather we paid for now instead of the playing squad budget or keeping the money.

If the majority still voted for the playing squad then that's fine, that's where the money should be spent, but the alternative options should be available to be voted on. It seems like SMISA are deciding what options to give us, instead of giving us all the options.

We have also loaned the club 15k to fix the USH, I have no issue with this. But it should be a decision for the members to decide. I appreciate it was a matter of urgency but could the club not have waited 24 hours? In this day and age where Mailchimp takes 5 minutes to issue a quick mailing, and most people emails are linked to their phone, we could easily have carried out a flash vote.

This doesn't sit well with me. It's not the committees place to decide what takes priority it's for the members to decide.

Not being relegated is paramount therefore I have voted to invest in the playing budget.My own idea would have been to set funds aside for some sort of bonus payment if we avoided relegation as there is no doubt players are motivated by money like most of us.I have no problem with SMISA making funds available via a loan to fix the USH although I hate watching football in sub zero temperatures and am an advocate for summer football.

One day someone will write something positive about how our club is being run I look forward to that day.

SMiSA in my opinion have been dealt a sh*t hand with a poor manager and a poor squad of players. Not only that they have an under soil heating issue and problems at Ralston to deal with.

The new manager looks like he's coming to grips with our squad and we look to be turning the corner. Surely to God our priority must be to support our manager and stay in the league. Being relegated would be a disastrous thing for the club and supporters.

Lets stick together for a change and stop moaning about seat plaques, 1877 club etc etc and get right behind the people running our club and make sure we stay up. If we go down all the other moans and groans will pale into oblivion.

We need to get our priorities right and staying in this league needs to be the number one priority.

I voted yes, yes.

One day someone will write something positive about how our club is being run I look forward to that day.

SMiSA in my opinion have been dealt a sh*t hand with a poor manager and a poor squad of players. Not only that they have an under soil heating issue and problems at Ralston to deal with.

The new manager looks like he's coming to grips with our squad and we look to be turning the corner. Surely to God our priority must be to support our manager and stay in the league. Being relegated would be a disastrous thing for the club and supporters.

Lets stick together for a change and stop moaning about seat plaques, 1877 club etc etc and get right behind the people running our club and make sure we stay up. If we go down all the other moans and groans will pale into oblivion.

We need to get our priorities right and staying in this league needs to be the number one priority.

I voted yes, yes.

It's nothing to do with how our club is run. This is about a supporters organisation who as yet don't own/run the club. If people want to support the playing budget I have no objections to that as long as all options are on the table for everyone to vote on.

As a point of principle, I can't vote in favour of this proposal.

I appreciate how critical things are just now, and I don't have an issue with trusting Jack Ross' judgement in terms of players, but this isn't for me. It isn't a sustainable arrangement, and we need to concentrate on what is sustainable.

I won't be cancelling my direct debit, though. That would be f**king silly!<_<

Just now, Drew said:

As a point of principle, I can't vote in favour of this proposal.

I appreciate how critical things are just now, and I don't have an issue with trusting Jack Ross' judgement in terms of players, but this isn't for me. It isn't a sustainable arrangement, and we need to concentrate on what is sustainable.

I won't be cancelling my direct debit, though. That would be f**king silly!<_<

Yeah I understand this, however we are in a position that is hopefully a one off and we should be trying to use all every tool we have to stay up.

Now if this was to be repeated year on year then yes I would agree. However going down this year without doing all we could to fight it would be wrong in my opinion. 

Just now, Kendo said:

Yeah I understand this, however we are in a position that is hopefully a one off and we should be trying to use all every tool we have to stay up.

Now if this was to be repeated year on year then yes I would agree. However going down this year without doing all we could to fight it would be wrong in my opinion. 

I said from day one that the additional monies shouldn't be used to prop up the playing budget. That my personal position (and only that).  There will always be periods when it  could be argued that a bail out is justified. Where would it end? However perilous our current situation, I don't think a precedent should be set.

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

I signed up for putting the club at the heart of the community, not ripping off some hard pressed fans to put even more money into the hands of people who are managing to fritter their way through £2.1m per annum. This is utter madness.

I signed up to put St Mirren fans in charge of our club and to put the interests of our club first before everything else. If this is madness then so be it.

Being honest. I don't have a vote as I am not a member. Decisions made by the board were made no doubt on the basis of information before them  if I am correct, these people have just been voted in? .

Barring a requirement in the rules that would require them to come back to the membership for a referendum like poll on either all or specifically identified areas such as granting interest free loans to the Club...a separate body then they seem to be free to make decisions on behalf of fans without needing to show that a majority were in favour.

Certainly speeds up decision making. 

Question. ..is the money to be returned.? Does this form part of the agreement?

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, Drew said:

I said from day one that the additional monies shouldn't be used to prop up the playing budget. That my personal position (and only that).  There will always be periods when it  could be argued that a bail out is justified. Where would it end? However perilous our current situation, I don't think a precedent should be set.

I agree with this however extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. If we go down in our first year after the fans buy out we will be in a very dark place. IMO.

If the board are going to ask SMISA to pay for USH, cashflow issues, January transfer window cash (and no doubt a new astroturf pitch and building repairs at Ralston), SMISA should say they'll match new money being invested by the directors rather than stump up instead of the directors stumping up.

I find myself in agreement with Mr Dickson but I also agree with Munoz that we are in a special set of circumstances that we need to stay in this division. This money "might" help JR out. It might not. It's a gamble but one I feel we should take.

As for the 15k loan for USH - A quick email to all members would have been far better received. I've only been a member since the Summer so I can't really argue about that money.

Totally agree Drew.

10 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I signed up for putting the club at the heart of the community, not ripping off some hard pressed fans to put even more money into the hands of people who are managing to fritter their way through £2.1m per annum. This is utter madness.

What utter nonsense. I am glad that SMISA are showing some leadership. We need to fix the USH and we need new players. I didn't expect to be consulted on every decision when I signed up for this. If it was down to you, the local under 14 side may have a new set of strips but we'd be in league 1. I'm so glad you're not in charge.

4 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Surely this mean another step towards owning the club outright, I'm not a member, that's my tuppenceworth though

How? No more equity is being handed over in return for the cash and the purchase date hasn't been advanced any. All that has happened is that the directors of the club have decided they need to raise more money and they've decided they'll just take it off SMiSA rather than ask for equal investment per share from all shareholders. The proposal to hand over member cash for a player isn't even in the form of a loan to help bail out the club as would have been the way the last board would have done it. I'm not going to be taken for a mug I'm afraid. When you combine the committee taking an executive decision to grant an interest free loan with money that doesn't belong to them with the fact that there are no minutes of meetings being published, this is all starting to look extremely shady indeed. I've never encountered this with any other fan ownership programme I've ever been involved in and yet out of the five this was the one I had the highest hopes for. 

I'll sleep on it tonight but I'd imagine my membership will be cancelled in the morning. I'll let others be the mugs. My money would be better spent elsewhere. 

Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Direct Debit to SMISA.

Feel totally vindicated now.

Farcical and disgraceful that, what should be " rainy day money " is getting gambled on players.

It's bad enough over the years that generally our Admission Money is given willy nilly to undeserving overpaid shite players.

IF THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY PRESENTLY THEN NOT A FECKING PENNY SHOULD BE SPENT ON PLAYERS IN JANUARY.

This is fecking lunancy which we will regret.

NO GAMBLING PLEASE.