SMiSA's Latest Update

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I should have listened to my best mate. He was right. St Mirren fans are too stupid for fan ownership. His case will certainly be proved when the vote goes the likes of Hendo's way. Utter, utter madness. 

That's quite a ridiculous generalisation for your 'best mate' to make....

I am quite pleased by this news.  As a non smisa member and just a lowly shareholder and season ticket owner my opinion does not count for much these days but I am genuinely happy to see the club, my club benefit.  As to whether smisa are keeping/breaking promises made to the peasant and premier members bothers me not a jot.  Not a jot does it bother me indeed.

All that matters is that the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co are seeing some sort of benefit.  Just like they did when Smisa paid for clean towels, employed a painter to paint the terracing at Love street, bought Stuart Keane and the such like.  This is smisa doing exactly what it was designed/founded to do.  

Incidentally if smisa members are going to cancel direct debits and argue like impetulent children amongst themselves then I fear that this fans buy out will never happen.  Its only a few months into the ten year wait and look at you lot.  The club benefit so be happy and feel good that your organisation helped.

Edited by TediousTom

21 hours ago, repairman said:

That's quite a ridiculous generalisation for your 'best mate' to make....

You have to remember that StuD is always right, ergo, his "best mate" is unlikely to be any different. Unless he has developed a split personality.

I can only hope, after he cancels his "over" £25:00 a month, we see less of his diatribe on SMISA matters

Edited by stlucifer
Attempting to circumvent a possible libel lawsuit

Seems to me that this concept of us having a 'poor squad' that needs urgent attention is being exaggerated. For what means I'm unsure.
The manager will have to make a decision on Sat as to whether Mallan gets back into the team and which of our 4 strikers to play. Doesn't sound that poor to me!

8 hours ago, shull said:

Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Direct Debit to SMISA.

Feel totally vindicated now.

Farcical and disgraceful that, what should be " rainy day money " is getting gambled on players.

It's bad enough over the years that generally our Admission Money is given willy nilly to undeserving overpaid shite players.

IF THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY PRESENTLY THEN NOT A FECKING PENNY SHOULD BE SPENT ON PLAYERS IN JANUARY.

This is fecking lunancy which we will regret.

NO GAMBLING PLEASE.

I'm glad you cancelled also, because it means that you don't get to vote.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

You have to remember that Stu is always right, ergo, his "best mate is unlikely to be any different. Unless he has developed a split personality.

I can only hope, after he cancels his "over" £25:00 a month, we see less of his diatribe on SMISA matters

Ah.

so that's where the concept of "getting up false hopes" comes from...

Some absolutely fickle fans on here. Talking about cancelling memberships and blah blah blah. Stuart I would say just do it. You clearly only have it so you can moan about it and threaten the club with cancellation.

I'll point out a couple of items that I feel some fans have clearly missed. First of £15k loan... clue in there somewhere, it's a feckin loan! The club will be paying for it and paying the loan back. No money lost to SMISA bar pennies in interest.

Secondly how much community work will we be able to do if we hit a financial disaster and get relegated? Is there anything massively pressing that we need to do in January and it can't wait another second? The options are clear it's a vote on using the money on players or saving it for other things (including future community projects) if people didn't know they were signing up to a democratic system where all members can vote, then cancel your membership don't moan that other fans might have different opinions to you.

People also moaning about us not having other choices. No one is saying what these choices are so obviously can't be anything overlay pressing. Secondly does anyone really think money to player budget won't win this vote? It'll win hands down regardless of other options.

Some people have such short term vision. It is very much needed that we do everything in our power to avoid relegation. This will mean more money in and about the club in general and a chance to push on next season. Get over yourselves, respect the democratic process and finally we don't own the club Scott does, he has full power to make this request then it's up to SMISA members to say yes or no.

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Some people have such short term vision.

They do don't they. I have no idea of the calibre of player that the £8k pot + the other £1k+ carryover will buy.

If it really will ensure we avoid relegation then I would like the option of voting to forget about fixing the USH (£15K to fox + £4K to run) will we really lose £19k if the Morton game got postponed because of the weather? We don't need USH as we cannot afford to run it.

If £9K can avoid relegation, add the £15k to it & aim for the playoffs. :wacko:

Edited by Kombibuddie

If the majority vote to gamble SMISA'S money on a football player or two then as I have mentioned previously.. 

THE MASSES ARE ASSES. 

Thankfully I am no longer part of the scandal. 

Mind you, we might get a new Calum Ball. 

Can you just imagine the clusterf**k of a meltdown on here if the money is released for a player, JR signs said player, and the latter either proves to be dross or picks up an injury in training?

This is one point that folk seem to be missing. As soon as the SMiSA money is used to fund squad additions, we could have 1300 people thinking they should be able to chip in their tuppence worth about who should and shouldn't be signed (note I say 'could', and not 'would'). It's a recipe for chaos, dummy spitting, and threats of cancelled DDs every time a player misplaces a f**king pass.

God help us!

Edited by Drew

Without the club there is no "community club". If we fall down a division, gate receipts go down, as well as commercial deals, prize money, and probably a good few fans' subscriptions as there are those who don't quite understand the point of the whole "buying the club" deal.

I'm all for a bit extra being put into the playing budget on this occasion, but then I've no wish to tell those in charge of the club or SMISA what they're doing wrong every day of the week.

We have an influence on what the club does, as shown numerous times in recent months. We don't need a vote on absolutely everything that happens.

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If the board are going to ask SMISA to pay for USH, cashflow issues, January transfer window cash (and no doubt a new astroturf pitch and building repairs at Ralston), SMISA should say they'll match new money being invested by the directors rather than stump up instead of the directors stumping up.

Yeah, seems fair enough to me. If SMiSA are putting £20k or so into the club then the directors should be doing the same. Perhaps someone can raise this point at the AGM on Monday.

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

What utter nonsense. I am glad that SMISA are showing some leadership. We need to fix the USH and we need new players. I didn't expect to be consulted on every decision when I signed up for this. If it was down to you, the local under 14 side may have a new set of strips but we'd be in league 1. I'm so glad you're not in charge.

A million times this. Ultimately it's a loan, not as if this is money SMiSA are putting in that they won't see again. It's also going on infrastructure, rather than a gamble on the playing budget. I seem to remember from the last SMiSA AGM that the financial reserves are fairly healthy so the money might as well be used rather than sitting in a bank somewhere. Interesting though that the one man band in Hull can suddenly fit in some repairs in the last two weeks of the year.

The committee need to be given some discretion to make decisions. Where does it stop? If they want to sponsor a player should we be consulted? Perhaps we should be asked which player's shirt to sponsor.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You have to remember that Stu is always right, ergo, his "best mate is unlikely to be any different. Unless he has developed a split personality.

While I am not going to argue with that statement, I would like to point out I am not you were not talking about me and my lawyers are taking a keen interest :P

Not in favour of the money going to the playing budget so will be voting against it. Not comfortable with the money being used in that way and I don't see £10k or whatever making a big difference over half a season. If others vote in favour of it then it goes through then fine. I won't be throwing my toys out the pram and cancelling my direct debit. Folk need to accept that on some occasions the decisions will go against you.

People are upset that this is the only option on the table, which is fair enough. It's clearly a divisive issue, which makes me wonder if that's why it's a yes or no question. If you put four or five other things on the table then you could see a transfer budget boost coming out on top despite only getting 30 or 40 per cent of the vote - fine if it's something not controversial like money for the disabled platform, however a bit of a nightmare for something like this. Having it a straight yes or no means they'll have a clear remit from members either way.

Some absolutely fickle fans on here. Talking about cancelling memberships and blah blah blah. Stuart I would say just do it. You clearly only have it so you can moan about it and threaten the club with cancellation.

I'll point out a couple of items that I feel some fans have clearly missed. First of £15k loan... clue in there somewhere, it's a feckin loan! The club will be paying for it and paying the loan back. No money lost to SMISA bar pennies in interest.

Secondly how much community work will we be able to do if we hit a financial disaster and get relegated? Is there anything massively pressing that we need to do in January and it can't wait another second? The options are clear it's a vote on using the money on players or saving it for other things (including future community projects) if people didn't know they were signing up to a democratic system where all members can vote, then cancel your membership don't moan that other fans might have different opinions to you.

People also moaning about us not having other choices. No one is saying what these choices are so obviously can't be anything overlay pressing. Secondly does anyone really think money to player budget won't win this vote? It'll win hands down regardless of other options.

Some people have such short term vision. It is very much needed that we do everything in our power to avoid relegation. This will mean more money in and about the club in general and a chance to push on next season. Get over yourselves, respect the democratic process and finally we don't own the club Scott does, he has full power to make this request then it's up to SMISA members to say yes or no.

And here is the very definition of short term thinking. A behaviour that equates to the guy who passes all his wages away on the 20/1 three legged donkey running in the 3.30 on pay day.

The club currently pays out in excess of £1.2m per annum in wages and associated costs. As a result of their recruitment policy St Mirren have got and are paying the likes of Jamie Langfield and Kyle Hutton not to play. They've got Andy Webster - another of the top earners and with 28 international caps often left out of the squad. Yet you think chucking an extra £2k per month at the team will solve all its problems.

Community initiatives will raise money, will bring positive PR and will deliver more interest in the club from local people. That's a long term vision, not short term. It's not even a gamble. Yet sadly those chumps on the SMISA committee won't even put the easiest and most secure of options that I put forward on the ballot paper.

Democracy my arse. There's more democracy in a Tibetan election. :rolleyes:

If the majority vote to gamble SMISA'S money on a football player or two then as I have mentioned previously.. 
THE MASSES ARE ASSES. 
Thankfully I am no longer part of the scandal. 
Mind you, we might get a new Calum Ball. 

Then vote against it? Oh wait you can't you cancelled your 10 year membership to bring fan ownership to St Mirren because you're not happy that some fans are willing to gamble with a minuscule £6 per member on a player or two that might save us from relegation.

It's a democracy and has always been put forward as that way. Fans have the choice to vote for or against... guess they also have the option to take their ball and go home.