SMiSA's Latest Update

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Ah Dicko, Dicko, you were ALWAYS going to cancel your direct debit.

Going for the £25 option allowed you to blow smoke up your own arse about your committment to the club. It allowed you to feel justified in making very public attempts at trying to control the agenda. This was a no lose for you. You knew that if people at the club listened to you that you could claim to have influence. If they ignored you, you could through a strop, cancel your direct debit and get attention that way. Now the problem is that, like shull, you have lost the right to have a voice over what SMISA now do.

Yeah I probably was Oaksoft. After all I'd seen close up how other ISA's had handled their buyouts. I'd seen great practice at Swansea where a superb leader was made Chairman, who published his business plan, and who appointed an excellent rookie football manager to devise a long term footballing blueprint to get them from the fourth tier of the English game to the Premiership. I'd watched on as Ann Budge took over at Hears, created a business plan, published it, and appointed a director of football who created a blueprint to get Hearts back to the top end of the top flight in Scottish Football from having just been relegated to a strong second tier that included Hibs and Rangers as well as many of the teams still sitting ahead of St Mirren. I'd even watched on as Clyde resolved their long term debts, published their business plan, and..... well nah they f**ked up with the manager and the blueprint, but I'm sure they'll get that sorted one day. 

I expected much of the same at St Mirren. Working with the community for mutual benefit. Putting in place a sensible long term business plan. Openness and honesty from those leading the fan buyout, and a great deal of excitement as those members not only saw progress on a footballing front, but also off the park where customers and the local community finally became more important than how good the spread is at half time in the football boardroom. I'd forgotten that this is St Mirren, where fans and employees fight against each other just so they can claim their own wee fiefdom. I was always going to be left disappointed and frustrated wasn't I Oaksoft?

10 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

12 and David being there as the link. 2 co-opted, the others having been voted on at the last AGM is my understanding.

The job description - which I notice has suddenly disappeared - said that the winning candidate would be expected to serve both as a director and on the board at SMiSA. That makes 13 Kenny. 

Can you provide a copy of the minutes of the last AGM? I'm not disputing your claims ofcourse but it would back up whether those members were elected or co-opted wouldn't it? 

Yeah I probably was Oaksoft. After all I'd seen close up how other ISA's had handled their buyouts. I'd seen great practice at Swansea where a superb leader was made Chairman, who published his business plan, and who appointed an excellent rookie football manager to devise a long term footballing blueprint to get them from the fourth tier of the English game to the Premiership. I'd watched on as Ann Budge took over at Hears, created a business plan, published it, and appointed a director of football who created a blueprint to get Hearts back to the top end of the top flight in Scottish Football from having just been relegated to a strong second tier that included Hibs and Rangers as well as many of the teams still sitting ahead of St Mirren. I'd even watched on as Clyde resolved their long term debts, published their business plan, and..... well nah they f**ked up with the manager and the blueprint, but I'm sure they'll get that sorted one day. 
I expected much of the same at St Mirren. Working with the community for mutual benefit. Putting in place a sensible long term business plan. Openness and honesty from those leading the fan buyout, and a great deal of excitement as those members not only saw progress on a footballing front, but also off the park where customers and the local community finally became more important than how good the spread is at half time in the football boardroom. I'd forgotten that this is St Mirren, where fans and employees fight against each other just so they can claim their own wee fiefdom. I was always going to be left disappointed and frustrated wasn't I Oaksoft?

And you want all that within 6 months or else you're taking your ball and going home. All because we've had a poor season and a vote has been put to paying members on whether or not this quarters money should go to the manager.

Yes you were going to be left frustrated. Thank god majority of fans are more patient.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The first sentence was all you needed. The rest is irrelevant tripe.

The job description - which I notice has suddenly disappeared - said that the winning candidate would be expected to serve both as a director and on the board at SMiSA. That makes 13 Kenny. 
Can you provide a copy of the minutes of the last AGM? I'm not disputing your claims ofcourse but it would back up whether those members were elected or co-opted wouldn't it? 

No as they will be accepted at the next meeting and is not for me to pass on. Plus, I doubt that's noted on the minutes anyway.

6 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

No as they will be accepted at the next meeting and is not for me to pass on. Plus, I doubt that's noted on the minutes anyway.

There hasn't been an AGM in over 6 months so I presume the minutes would have already been accepted and signed off. 

Why the great secret though? I'm not a member as of the next payment due date, but minutes should be readily available to members who ask to see them. 

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The first sentence was all you needed. The rest is irrelevant tripe.

That first sentence to me simply served to back up many (if not most ) peoples opinion of Dickson as a shit stirrer. 

To sign up to something with the sole purpose of trying to undermine the aims of that organisation at every opportunity is a truly deplorable act by a sad,warped , self obsessed individual.:thumbsdown

You are predicting Armageddon if we don't vote yes. Very similar overreaction imo.

I am not! Not even slightly. I'm saying it's in the best interest of the club to take all the steps we can to prevent relegation which would be a major set back. Both for St Mirren and the community programs we want to support. We'd come back but it would dent us for a good while.

If there's a no vote so be it, it's a democracy and I'll be fine with it. I have confidence in Jack Ross but if he's wanting to strengthen then I think we should support the board with their request. Who's to say it'll only be a short term strengthening?

Who knows will the funds go towards securing a new contract for Mccalister, will we unearth a gem of a player that gets a contract for next season. Any player brought in is a gamble but it could pay off. I'd say using this is less of a gamble, £6 per member is nothing and it's money that wouldn't even be there if it was not for the buyout.

2 hours ago, div said:

This. The constant threats of withdrawal of direct debits started almost as soon as the deal was done. It's absolutely no surprise to me or to anyone else who reads this forum regularly that the same voiciferous few who take every single possible opportunity to attack the club are the first ones to jump ship.

The vast majority of members are, I am sure, quite happy to know that their monthly contributions are making a positive difference to the club in the short term and in the longer term ensuring that the club will be owned by those that cherish it the most.

As I said earlier, look at the 5 months gone and what has been achieved.  Over £80K in funds raised by the supporters, helping fellow supporters, helping the football club, now possibly helping the manager. That's why I signed up to buy the buds, and speaking to many of my fellow buddies I know that's why they joined too.

Another Dafty pulling rank on fellow supporters who are entitled to their honest opinion and have every right to criticise if things are not being done correctly. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I am not! Not even slightly. I'm saying it's in the best interest of the club to take all the steps we can to prevent relegation which would be a major set back. Both for St Mirren and the community programs we want to support. We'd come back but it would dent us for a good while.

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Secondly how much community work will we be able to do if we hit a financial disaster and get relegated?

It is very much needed that we do everything in our power to avoid relegation.

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe fans would prefer we raised funds another way. Maybe we should sell Mallan and Mccallister in January and then bring in 4-5 players in the hope we are kept up.

Whilst I actually agree with much you have said on this thread, mocking people for taking a viewpoint that opposes your own does you no favour.

The two quotes here are very doom and gloom a la Gilmour in my opinion!

Edited by BuddieinEK

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I joined up in an effort to do my small bit towards securing the future of the club. Doing so, only to chuck it within a few months because I don't subscribe to absolutely everything that has happened since, would be the very antithesis of that, and would (quite justifiably) make me look more than a little foolish.

Another pulling rank and putting down fellow supporters who pay into matches. 

Some SMISA dudes are absolute cretins and up their own arse. 

2 hours ago, div said:

We lose and gain members every month. Most of those just leave and join without creating a massive f**king hoo-hah about it shouting LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME.

An issue is getting debated on your fecking Forum. 

What's up with that? 

1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

You have absolutely lost it shull. Without SMISA and it's members there would have been no takeover. Without SMISA members there'd have been no disabled platform, for the simple reason that there'd have been no takeover. Stewart didn't approach Gordon, he approached SMISA and Gordon came on board after that. (You can read the full story in the Saint newspaper, available Saturday)

To go back a bit, to the demands that Stuart felt so important that he put them on an unofficial forum. Its my view that David Nicol is now attending committee meetings as a St Mirren director and that there are 12 committee members. The latest update has covered everything discussed, excluding information that has been deemed sensitive (that will happen from time to time). I have raised the issue of the minutes. The comment about not being democratic is mischievous as we have been democratic, albeit with the USH loan vote being amongst the committee. I also gave an open and factual update on the process there, which involved the information we had at the time and the knowledge/experience in the room.

Why is money getting gambled on players? 

Anyway I stopped reading your post after your cheeky first line. 

Lost credibility 

Another Dafty pulling rank on fellow supporters who are entitled to their honest opinion and have every right to criticise if things are not being done correctly. 

He's also got the right to call out how predictable it is that you would not complete the 10 year subscription. Surprised you made it this far to be honest. Others have cancelled I'm sure but you clearly need to announce it to everyone and make a big song and dance about it.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Anyone else starting to think Shull and Stuart are the same person? Complete and utter clueless trolls.

Would love to hear what they think would be a better alternative to fan ownership now that they no longer support it. I'll give them a minute to think about it (mumble into the mirror to himself)

We have had total Fan Ownership for the last 20 years. 

Whilst I actually agree with much you have said on this thread, mocking people for taking a viewpoint that opposes your own does you no favour.
The two quotes here are very doom and gloom a la Gilmour in my opinion!

I think relegation would stunt us in a big way, okay maybe disaster is the wrong word but I think it would have a big impact on our long term goals.

People are entitled to their opinion and if they don't want to support this fine. I think it's very logical to support it but each to their own. What does bug me is people (not you) holding the club hostage over their monthly direct debits. It's a poor short sighted view.

Another pulling rank and putting down fellow supporters who pay into matches. 
Some SMISA dudes are absolute cretins and up their own arse. 

And calling everyone dafties isn't putting down supporters?

Still waiting to hear where you think we should go from here. From my understanding you want us to all cancel our monthly payments and let Scott run with it.

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

He's also got the right to call out how predictable it is that you would not complete the 10 year subscription. Surprised you made it this far to be honest. Others have cancelled I'm sure but you clearly need to announce it to everyone and make a big song and dance about it.

I wish I hadn't even started paying. 

Absolutely outrageous that Gilmour and Co made a fortune selling our screwed Club. 

They should have walked away and kept their Shares and 3 or 4 others could have been voted onto the Board. 

They duped everybody by selling a Company that had never paid out a Share Dividend in it's history. 

I want a refund 

No it's not. 

Community benefit societies (BenComs) are incorporated industrial and providentsocieties (IPS) that conduct business for the benefit of their community. Profits are not distributed among members, or external shareholders, but returned to thecommunity.

Capture.PNG

8 hours ago, div said:

Yeah this is pretty much where I am on this.

I don't agree that SMiSA funds should be used to bolster the playing budget but I'd cite this as being fairly extraordinary circumstances.

Relegation to the third tier would be an absolute disaster with ramifications we might struggle to recover from. If we can give the manager a better hand to play in the January market and that helps him bolster the squad to the extent that it improves our chances of survival then for me anyway it's worth the gamble. And it is very much a gamble.

I completely understand those who are voting no on this issue though, I don't really think there is a right or wrong answer on this one.

Just got to go with your own gut feeling IMHO.

My feelings too.

However, if the vote ends up being "No" then I won't feel the need to fabricate a "best mate" and call everyone that didn't agree with me stupid.

8 hours ago, ford prefect said:

It's not the first time the St mirren fans have helped buy a player. If anything this shows we have too many "look at me" f**king drama queens in our support

And the main shit stirrer of a drama queen doesn't even support the club.