SMiSA's Latest Update

22 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Stuart that is pretty pathetic.  I haven'r bumped into GLS for probably 20 years, but I knew him when he was simply a tradesman. He was a Saints supporter through.  Now someone who was smart enough to make his money plus brave enough to step forward and to put his money up to enable supporters to buy the club.  

14 years on the forum and you have been stirring up strife.whether with windups, grudges or launching into pages of "Why I am right" when someone has a different opinion.  It gets to the stage whether it's difficult to discern between what's windup and what's not.  TBH I have absolutely no idea why you don't head off to another club forum that better matches your definition of a community club.

Really? You think he's smart? 

I don't know him at all. I've never met him. But the last thing I would call a man who failed to notice that the boiler wasn't working when he bought the club doesn't look that clever to me. A man who expects the members of SMiSA to buy his shares off him who takes the first opportunity to put the begging bowl out to the members of SMiSA when the signings he sanctioned haven't worked out doesn't look that clever to me. A man who thinks you can grow the clubs turnover from £2.1m to over £5m in a handful of years without working with the local community doesn't look clever to me. A man who six months in still hasn't grasped that running a football club without a scout is bonkers doesn't look that clever to me. A man who has taken what is supposed to be a full time club with one of the highest wage bills in this division to the bottom of the league behind part time clubs and clubs who work more efficiently doesn't look that clever to me. A man who can't sort out the behind the scenes issues that are dragging the club down, basic issues like appalling customer service, doesn't look that clever to me. And a man who makes promises of free tickets to fans who can beat him in the local 10k race, and then fails to deliver doesn't look that clever to me. 

I've shared a video on the other thread about a club that struggles in the division it is in. A club with debts and bigger, more expensive problems than an under soil heating system. Yet a club that takes it time out to be a proper community club. A club that with the support and commitment of the local population continues to have the 7th largest average home attendances in its country. And a club which still charges one of the lowest gate admission prices in its league by some distance. Have a watch, and compare it to the shite SMiSA members were subjected to last night by people "doing their best". And the biggest joke of them all - SMiSA is the one claiming to be the Community Benefit Society. 

9 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Stuart - I'm not having a go but you keep banging on about local community initiatives.

What initiatives are you talking about?

There's loads - so many I kind of struggle to outline my vision of what should be going on to bring the club back into the heart of the community but even at the most basic level putting on a football tournament. Many boys clubs do it every year as a fundraiser. It costs a little bit of outlay, takes time to organise and prepare, it brings the clubs into much closer contact with teams in the local community at grassroots level, it offers loads of positive PR, a sneaky opportunity to do a bit of scouting, and it will bring in more than it cost to set up. SMiSA would have recouped any outlay, and would be sitting with excess funds that could have then been put back into a local charity of the members choice. 

22 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Surely this mean another step towards owning the club outright, I'm not a member, that's my tuppenceworth though

You have put your finger right on the knub of the problem. 

I am sure, very sure that others will correct me if I am wrong. Monies generated by those pain goes to fund purchase of the club's shares. This money does not go into the club. It was never designed to do so. However it looks like £2 per member is put into a fund where members or their representatives periodically make decisions on what it should be spent on.

The suggestion is the playing staff. The amount is small but the principle is big.thistime the money is going to fund the player budget. We have been farm ming players out so reducing wages. The money would be a gamble if spent on players is the chant 

18 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I don't know him at all. I've never met him. But the last thing I would call a man who failed to notice that the boiler wasn't working when he bought the club doesn't look that clever to me. A man who expects the members of SMiSA to buy his shares off him who takes the first opportunity to put the begging bowl out to the members of SMiSA when the signings he sanctioned haven't worked out doesn't look that clever to me. A man who thinks you can grow the clubs turnover from £2.1m to over £5m in a handful of years without working with the local community doesn't look clever to me. A man who six months in still hasn't grasped that running a football club without a scout is bonkers doesn't look that clever to me. A man who has taken what is supposed to be a full time club with one of the highest wage bills in this division to the bottom of the league behind part time clubs and clubs who work more efficiently doesn't look that clever to me. A man who can't sort out the behind the scenes issues that are dragging the club down, basic issues like appalling customer service, doesn't look that clever to me. And a man who makes promises of free tickets to fans who can beat him in the local 10k race, and then fails to deliver doesn't look that clever to me. 

I've shared a video on the other thread about a club that struggles in the division it is in. A club with debts and bigger, more expensive problems than an under soil heating system. Yet a club that takes it time out to be a proper community club. A club that with the support and commitment of the local population continues to have the 7th largest average home attendances in its country. And a club which still charges one of the lowest gate admission prices in its league by some distance. Have a watch, and compare it to the shite SMiSA members were subjected to last night by people "doing their best". And the biggest joke of them all - SMiSA is the one claiming to be the Community Benefit Society. 

You dont know him but continue to slag him off.

You`ve never set foot in the dome , dont know how it operates but you slabber on about that ad nauseam .

you are constantly being caught out lying in posts

You`ve made an art form of bumping your gums about things you know f**k all about.

This just proves what an utter fool you truly are. Clueless and just wanting to cause trouble.

Few points where you've just spewed rubbish. USH system is a little bit more complex than a boiler I'm sure, maybe he didn't do due diligence on it and that was a mistake but does he deserve to be ripped apart? He's a man he's learning in a new role with the club he loves. More or less Calling him stupid? how disgraceful. You do seem like such a caring community orientated guy. he's selling the shares into fan ownership at no extra cost to the purchase price, he's a fan of this club and even if he makes mistakes I don't believe for a second he'll do anything to the detriment of the club. He took over after the majority of the team and management structure was in place you complete fool! So how's the teams performance and league position his fault? He had the passion and the bottle to get rid of Rae early on and has brought in a highly rated, talented young manager that has got players playing and brought through some outstanding young players that are putting in MOTM performances almost every game. He's hardly putting out the begging bowl, the club have under performed his season and he's looking at ways to boost the squad. Again the budget was pretty much all used when he came in and he's asked to put it to a vote by the members (something a lot of members agree with). Again having ago at his intelligence just shows what a troll of an individual you are on here. He has taken us to the bottom of the league really? It's all his fault, not the players not the managers him. What behind the scene issues are so easy to fix has he not put right? I'd bet he's under a lot of pressure and again he's new into the position, he deserves time and will make mistakes and learn along the way. As for the race thing, no idea what your on about but I wouldn't be jumping to believe a word you type.

This club does a lot for the local community, I'm sure there's a lot more we would like to do but it can't be our number one priority when we're rock bottom of the league and fans are screaming out for building on the improvements. He could of asked for the last lot of money to go to player budget but no we prioritised an area of our support that is potentially one of the most vulnerable and uncomfortable during the winter. Food bank collections, street stuff, inviting veterans to home games for free, football camps, school visits. Okay not all that stuff is SMISA but we're all one club. We do so many amazing things! All you can do is moan because you don't agree with a vote on should money go into a player budget.

One good thing about you cancelling your membership. Hopefully we don't have to listen to your unfounded rubbish about fan ownership going forward.

The Club belongs to Scott presently.
Each and every St Mirren fan can do as they wish.
No problem
COSMFC 

Of course they can and post attention seeking posts about it as well. how they're cancelling a 10 year membership after what sounds like three months because they don't like all paying fans having a vote on how the excess money is getting used. [emoji106] think about poor Stewart did you know he paid £25 a month?

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Of course they can and post attention seeking posts about it as well. how they're cancelling a 10 year membership after what sounds like three months because they don't like all paying fans having a vote on how the excess money is getting used. emoji106.png think about poor Stewart did you know he paid £25 a month?

To be continued ....

Night night Baz

See ye ramorra  :snore :byebye

This thread has made for some interesting reading but it's been going round in circles for the last 3 or 4 pages.

Whether that's down to Stuart or the same people responding to with almost the same replies is debateable.

Anyway, I'm sure it's contributed to the debate about fan ownership but it's also, at this early stage of the process, unlikely to have changed anybody's mind, although that will change in the future as many other issues arise.

There's a few questions that spring to mind, is that the only money available to him? What sort of player do you get for that? Does Jack Ross think that he needs it to stay up? Or is he saying give me the 8k and I'll get you play off place and scottish cup win? What are the different pots of prize money for each league position?