SMiSA's Latest Update

The biggest clown on the forum never gives up on his mantra. Community, community, community. It's apparently the answer to all St.Mirren's problems. I believe the credible posters on here that we do an appreciable amount for the community whereas the clown says we do nothing. One thing the old board and the new board have in common is rightfully ignoring the clown. He doesn't understand what 'Don't ring us, we'll ring you' means. Community involvement is a desirable, but when we're firefighting it can go on the back burner. I suppose the undersoil heating would never have broken down if only we had been a community club.

9 minutes ago, Hambud said:

There's a few questions that spring to mind, is that the only money available to him? What sort of player do you get for that? Does Jack Ross think that he needs it to stay up? Or is he saying give me the 8k and I'll get you play off place and scottish cup win? What are the different pots of prize money for each league position?

Jack Ross hasn't signed any of our current squad . 

To me it's irrelevant to where we finish . For me it's more about the manager putting his own stamp on the team .

i'd doubt very much that he's guaranteed a cup win in exchange for a player or two . 

19 minutes ago, Hambud said:

There's a few questions that spring to mind, is that the only money available to him? What sort of player do you get for that? Does Jack Ross think that he needs it to stay up? Or is he saying give me the 8k and I'll get you play off place and scottish cup win? What are the different pots of prize money for each league position?

Got to admit that I've been asking myself the same questions. Is there an air of desperation around?

Got to admit that I've been asking myself the same questions. Is there an air of desperation around?

If there's an air of desperation is it merited? We're bottom of the league and only now staring to see potentially good things from the squad. If we can help in any way as fans I think we should. Not like they're asking for a million quid loan. If this money plus anything extra they have contribute to one or two of his own signings then fine. Let's see what happens. Risk and reward culture with any new player.

Got up this morning to find there was a lot of reading to be done mabey it looks a lot when reading from a phone screen. First SMISA  e-mail, Gents these e-mails in my opinion need condensed tying to be constructive here. St Mirren is nothing without a half decent team so was delighted to vote  YES. YES. As for this thread ,  in my opinion Stuart was always going to pull out of the monthly subscription everything in this mans life is black & white not the St Mirren black & white , no the opposite too what 99.9% of St Mirren fans want,think. This was the day Stuart was looking forward too his moment of glory subscription wise. None of us should be surprised.  

The biggest clown on the forum never gives up on his mantra. Community, community, community. It's apparently the answer to all St.Mirren's problems. I believe the credible posters on here that we do an appreciable amount for the community whereas the clown says we do nothing. One thing the old board and the new board have in common is rightfully ignoring the clown. He doesn't understand what 'Don't ring us, we'll ring you' means. Community involvement is a desirable, but when we're firefighting it can go on the back burner. I suppose the undersoil heating would never have broken down if only we had been a community club.

It cannot go on the back burner. SMISA have set themselves up as a Community Benefit Society and as such they have legal obligations. If they've no interest in fulfilling them they should change the way its run so they aren't misappropriating their status when applying for grants and public money.

There is no legal or even moral grounds under which a community benefit society should be expected to fund the repair of plant for a business with a £multi million turnover and similarly there should never have been a request for that community benefit society to fund wages for staff at the business with a £multi million turnover.

If the membership thinks the SMISA committee, who can't even follow its own constitution, is doing a good job then God help you all.

Jack Ross hasn't signed any of our current squad . 
To me it's irrelevant to where we finish . For me it's more about the manager putting his own stamp on the team .
i'd doubt very much that he's guaranteed a cup win in exchange for a player or two . 

I know JR hasn't signed any of our current squad, in my opinion that point is irrelevant.
I too doubt that he can guarantee a Scottish cup win. It was a tongue in cheek comment but it would be the sort of information I would be asking for before I would want make such a decision ie something GS and the board should be asking him about.
If it is just to help him put "his stamp" on the team then I would say no. If he says he/we need it to stay in the league then I would vote yes he can have it.

44 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If there's an air of desperation is it merited? We're bottom of the league and only now staring to see potentially good things from the squad. If we can help in any way as fans I think we should. Not like they're asking for a million quid loan. If this money plus anything extra they have contribute to one or two of his own signings then fine. Let's see what happens. Risk and reward culture with any new player.

I wasn't meaning to sound negative. I voted Yes Yes. Seems to me it's almost a drop in the ocean but I suppose every little helps.

PS  Wonder if antrin will metamorphasise that. At least I think that's what I mean.

55 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We're bottom of the league and only now staring to see potentially good things from the squad. 

We should stick to simply spectating... :)

5 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

I wasn't meaning to sound negative. I voted Yes Yes. Seems to me it's almost a drop in the ocean but I suppose every little helps.

PS  Wonder if antrin will metamorphasise that. At least I think that's what I mean.

Me?  Metamorphasise? How very dare you!

the ocean drops will soon quench all that fire, mind ye....

It cannot go on the back burner. SMISA have set themselves up as a Community Benefit Society and as such they have legal obligations. If they've no interest in fulfilling them they should change the way its run so they aren't misappropriating their status when applying for grants and public money.

There is no legal or even moral grounds under which a community benefit society should be expected to fund the repair of plant for a business with a £multi million turnover and similarly there should never have been a request for that community benefit society to fund wages for staff at the business with a £multi million turnover.

If the membership thinks the SMISA committee, who can't even follow its own constitution, is doing a good job then God help you all.

You make it out like they do nothing for the community! Couldn't be further from the truth.

SMISA is just the go between the club have asked for this excess money to go to the player budget and SMISA let the member decide, again they can say no. What's the problem? Nowhere does it say every single penny has to go to community projects and none to enhancing the team. Clown!

You make it out like they do nothing for the community! Couldn't be further from the truth.

SMISA is just the go between the club have asked for this excess money to go to the player budget and SMISA let the member decide, again they can say no. What's the problem? Nowhere does it say every single penny has to go to community projects and none to enhancing the team. Clown!

What has SMISA done that constitutes benefitting the community?

Organising the funding of the disabled platform perhaps?

they did it, as far as I'm concerned...

Are St Mirren renting out the stadium to community groups? Did I miss that? If they aren't it's a struggle to see how you define that as a community project. It's a stadium enhancement, long overdue, that gives wheelchair bound customers a bit more comfort. It benefited the local community not a jot.

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Are St Mirren renting out the stadium to community groups? Did I miss that? If they aren't it's a struggle to see how you define that as a community project. It's a stadium enhancement, long overdue, that gives wheelchair bound customers a bit more comfort. It benefited the local community not a jot.

There you have it folks. Stuart "Glenn Hoddle" Dickson believes that the disabled are not part of the community. What next stuart ? is it their own fault !?!?

8 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Look, it's been said before.  You have no say in the matter, so GO AWAY!