SMiSA's Latest Update

1 minute ago, buddiecat said:

This is what a community club does.

Renfrewshire's award-winning Street Stuff programme will entertain hundreds of young people this Christmas as a special activity camp takes place.

Football, dance, table tennis, photography and gaming are just some of the activities on offer from Monday 26 December to Tuesday 3 January at the Paisley 2021 Stadium.

St Mirren legend Tony Fitzpatrick will be showcasing the second book in his Babakoochi Bear series on Wednesday 28 December- as part of a festive party featuring a DJ and talent show which will see 150 young people have a Christmas meal in the St Mirren hospitality suite..

Youngsters in attendance will receive a free meal as part of each session of the programme ensuring they learn the importance of exercise and healthy eating.

The full list of activities on the Christmas programme can be found here.

Activities are free to attend and places will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Those who sign up and take part could be in with a chance of winning free prizes such as an iPad Mini, signed St Mirren jerseys, signed footballs and more!

Yes, I read all that yesterday Buddiecat. But which part of any of that was SMiSA - the Community Benefit Society - involved in? And in what way does gifting £9,000 of the Society's money to a commercial operation - for nothing in return - to cover staff wages, benefit the wider community? 

14 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

in what way does gifting £9,000 of the Society's money  benefit the wider community? 

If the football club dies, SMISA dies, the wider community shrinks and is less confident, proud or forward-looking.  You know all this.  Many people have reiterated the point,  The success of St Mirren is the reason SMISA as a social entity will be successful. 

You don't acknowledge data that does not suit your agenda.  This is a sign of a simpleton or a troll, but you may not be wise enough to discern the difference.

8 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

You can call many things a community, just as you can then prioritise them all differently. If the head of Scottish Water can comment on the community of project managers, I've no issue referring to all club employees as a community. I'm also comfortable listening to those employees to see where SMISA can assist/enable their work. That's just one community forming the broader community served by the society. How, for example, would not caring for club employees strengthen any bonds?

Yes you did..... :rolleyes: 

17 minutes ago, antrin said:

If the football club dies, SMISA dies, the wider community shrinks and is less confident, proud or forward-looking.  You know all this.  Many people have reiterated the point,  The success of St Mirren is the reason SMISA as a social entity will be successful. 

You don't acknowledge data that does not suit your agenda.  This is a sign of a simpleton or a troll, but you may not be wise enough to discern the difference.

If the football club dies, Paisley wouldn't give a f**k Antrin. That's the sad truth of the matter. Crowds didn't swell in 1997-8 when the clubs future was threatened and they've seldom been engaged since. SMiSA have said they will put the club back at the heart of the community. They are the community benefit society with a responsibility to the community. Yet they've gifted away money in a secondary purpose to a commercial company to pay wages to a professional footballer. 

The football club board should have raised the money themselves and not gone anywhere near members funds. There are a number of operations that need sorting out within the club that could easily have raised the equivalent money from within. The sad fact is that rather take on the challenge of making club operations efficient they've put out the begging bowl to the fans to continue to fund this poorly run operation. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

17 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yes, I read all that yesterday Buddiecat. But which part of any of that was SMiSA - the Community Benefit Society - involved in? And in what way does gifting £9,000 of the Society's money to a commercial operation - for nothing in return - to cover staff wages, benefit the wider community? 

No input from SMiSA on any of it, we are in the process of speaking to the people who organise all types of community events from the club, to find out ways we can assist them. With SMiSA being busy and the club also being busy it is not easy to get everyone round a table to make plans, so i'd ask that people be patient where that is concerned.

The club being able to put on matches on frosty Saturdays means they get more income than they do on re-arranged midweek games, and can put more money into the various budgets, and believe me the community projects are very much high on their lists, and SMiSA want to assist and bring new ideas. SMiSA has to engage with the club on this because we do not want to get in the way of their plans and need to sort that out before making plans of our own.

1 minute ago, thewhiteman said:

as this thread draws to its conclusion, the good news is . . . .the next smisa update will be out tomorrow :rolleyes:

It has been in its death throes since the second page in. Unfortunately, rather than chipping in for a trip to Dignitas, it seems people are insisting on lining up to join the crash team.

Surely its time to put it out of our misery.

46 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

No input from SMiSA on any of it, we are in the process of speaking to the people who organise all types of community events from the club, to find out ways we can assist them. With SMiSA being busy and the club also being busy it is not easy to get everyone round a table to make plans, so i'd ask that people be patient where that is concerned.

The club being able to put on matches on frosty Saturdays means they get more income than they do on re-arranged midweek games, and can put more money into the various budgets, and believe me the community projects are very much high on their lists, and SMiSA want to assist and bring new ideas. SMiSA has to engage with the club on this because we do not want to get in the way of their plans and need to sort that out before making plans of our own.

Ok have a "like" for the post but you'll have to excuse my scepticism until I see proper action from SMiSA in meeting their obligations as a Community Benefit Society. I'm not sure what SMiSA are busy with, since you refuse to publish your minutes, but if it isn't putting the club at the heart of the community you've got your priorities arse from elbow. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

SMiSA is NOT and NEVER has been a community benefit society.Do your homework

They were registered as an IPS,  an Industrial and Provident Society the legal term used for groups like football supporters groups,  bowling clubs , former soldiers clubs.The constitution and rules were based on the Model Rules issued specifically for Supporters Direct by a firm of Solicitors entitled "Model Rules for a Supporters Community Mutual"

When the Co operative and Community Act 2014 came into law the OPS name had to go and the FCA told IPS societies that it would be incorrect to call themselves a community or a co operative society but instead say they are a "registered society under the Co operative and Community BenefitsAct 2014" and NOTHING else would change.

It's obvious that the community in the constitution is the Supporters,  not the wider community. 

5 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

SMiSA is NOT and NEVER has been a community benefit society.Do your homework

They were registered as an IPS,  an Industrial and Provident Society the legal term used for groups like football supporters groups,  bowling clubs , former soldiers clubs.The constitution and rules were based on the Model Rules issued specifically for Supporters Direct by a firm of Solicitors entitled "Model Rules for a Supporters Community Mutual"

When the Co operative and Community Act 2014 came into law the OPS name had to go and the FCA told IPS societies that it would be incorrect to call themselves a community or a co operative society but instead say they are a "registered society under the Co operative and Community BenefitsAct 2014" and NOTHING else would change.

It's obvious that the community in the constitution is the Supporters,  not the wider community. 

Hmm, I wonder how I could have gotten it so wrong.....

Oh wait. I didn't :rolleyes:

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

10 hours ago, thewhiteman said:

as this thread draws to its conclusion, the good news is . . . .the next smisa update will be out tomorrow :rolleyes:

,I'll be disappointed if there isn't an announcement about Blub resigning from SMISA and what a huge loss it will be for, well, nobody.........................

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Absolute unadulterated shite.

That is all.

For once i agree with Stu-Dick

When i was growing up there was plenty Old Firm fans about but they had a soft spot for their local team

That's not the case now,many are taking great delight at our present state and hope we sink even further

They have grown even more tribal and hate any team outwith their own

They have commented despite what Stu Dick makes out the good work that St Mirren do in their own community

But it makes no difference to them what team gets their support

I'm afraid this area is full of gloryhunting bigots and bhigots

11 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

It may well be.

However, there are a large number of people who show affiliation to St.Mirren and would be upset if the club disappeared.

I know several individuals who fall into this category.

So I'm afraid the "unadulterated shite" comment still stands.

I also have several friends who support the bigots and they aren't blinded by hatred and take no enjoyment in our current predicament.

20 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

When i was growing up there was plenty Old Firm fans about but they had a soft spot for their local team

That's not the case now,many are taking great delight at our present state and hope we sink even further

They have commented despite what Stu Dick makes out the good work that St Mirren do in their own community

Let me be absolutely clear - StuDick's statement was that if St Mirren FC died, no-one in Paisley would give a fcuk.

That is sheer unadulterated shite. End of. If anyone wants to argue that towns like Paisley, Falkirk or Greenock aren't infested with OF fans, or if the support through the turnstiles for teams like St Mirren isn't the biggest these days, fine. That's an another argument.

It proves a lot harder to ignore this self righteous troll than I first thought. Just wants to watch the world burn, so stubborn and not willing to acknowledge any views that are not identical to his.

Now to add to the equation (and his attention seeking) dropping hints that he's taking further action that would be detrimental to the majority of fans and their views on SMISA and St Mirren. Complete joke of a man.

Is he actually Lee Wallace in disguise that's the question. Dicky is a grass [emoji23]

Let me be absolutely clear - StuDick's statement was that if St Mirren FC died, no-one in Paisley would give a fcuk.
That is sheer unadulterated shite. End of. If anyone wants to argue that towns like Paisley, Falkirk or Greenock aren't infested with OF fans, or if the support through the turnstiles for teams like St Mirren isn't the biggest these days, fine. That's an another argument.

I did not say that no one in Paisley would give a f**k. I was more general and said Paisley wouldn't give a f**k. I'd stand by that. I doubt many in Paisley would even notice if the club wasn't there such is the state of the clubs relationship with the town.

On the community side I was told yesterday that two schools in Paisley, including one in Ferguslie Park, fell out with the club ages ago and want nothing to do with St Mirren. I've not got more detail than that but it seems in common with some of the stories I heard from juvenile football. Someone is going to have to do a massive rebuilding job on the community side if the club is ever going to see growth.

23 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I did not say that no one in Paisley would give a f**k. I was more general and said Paisley wouldn't give a f**k. I'd stand by that. I doubt many in Paisley would even notice if the club wasn't there such is the state of the clubs relationship with the town.

On the community side I was told yesterday that two schools in Paisley, including one in Ferguslie Park, fell out with the club ages ago and want nothing to do with St Mirren. I've not got more detail than that but it seems in common with some of the stories I heard from juvenile football. Someone is going to have to do a massive rebuilding job on the community side if the club is ever going to see growth.

Fcuk sake troll... the first line of this post, just fcuk off! Semantics, pedantry, whataboutery and flim-flam.... your statement that no fcuks will be given remains sheer unadulterated shite.

25 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Ages ago as in under the old regime?  Why can't you give the new board time to make change? We are not a multi-staff run club. The more pressing issue at the moment is getting the club out of the current mess on the playing side of things. That has to be the main focus for the clubs future.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Not so sure about that i know plenty who like to see St Mirren doing well unless it's against them on both sides of the divide.