SMiSA's Latest Update

Ages ago as in under the old regime?  Why can't you give the new board time to make change? We are not a multi-staff run club. The more pressing issue at the moment is getting the club out of the current mess on the playing side of things. That has to be the main focus for the clubs future.

49 employees according to the accounts. Several in grant funded “community" posts.

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

49 employees according to the accounts. Several in grant funded “community" posts.

Why don't you volunteer your services to help promote St Mirren in the community Stuart? And not just Paisley, the surrounding areas in renfrewhire... even Glasgow. There's plenty who would be attracted to your vision of a family club free of the bigotry of the old firm.

58 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I did not say that no one in Paisley would give a f**k. I was more general and said Paisley wouldn't give a f**k. I'd stand by that. I doubt many in Paisley would even notice if the club wasn't there such is the state of the clubs relationship with the town.

On the community side I was told yesterday that two schools in Paisley, including one in Ferguslie Park, fell out with the club ages ago and want nothing to do with St Mirren. I've not got more detail than that but it seems in common with some of the stories I heard from juvenile football. Someone is going to have to do a massive rebuilding job on the community side if the club is ever going to see growth.

A lot of times it's a fools errand liaising with schools. 'Oh look kids here's some St Mirren players you've never heard of.' That won't change even if we had £90,000 a quarter to spend, majority of school kids will support one of the Old Firm and that's the way it'll always be.  that's not just paisley that's this country over.  No community work will change that, certainly not £9,000.  The money in this time for St Mirren is better going to the team to help (not guarantee and not the only thing that'll help) secure our championship status.  St Mirren in the community are stronger the higher up the pyramid we are.  There is some great community work we do, sadly it won't generate us more fans and more footfall at 2021 on a Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A lot of times it's a fools errand liaising with schools. 'Oh look kids here's some St Mirren players you've never heard of.' That won't change even if we had £90,000 a quarter to spend, majority of school kids will support one of the Old Firm and that's the way it'll always be.  that's not just paisley that's this country over.  No community work will change that, certainly not £9,000.  The money in this time for St Mirren is better going to the team to help (not guarantee and not the only thing that'll help) secure our championship status.  St Mirren in the community are stronger the higher up the pyramid we are.  There is some great community work we do, sadly it won't generate us more fans and more footfall at 2021 on a Saturday. 

No , you`re wrong. It is only Paisley . Would never see it happening in , lets say somewhere like Lanarkshire .

32 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

And you're expecting a new board, new management team and SMISA to all be absolutely perfect within six months and not make mistakes as well as guarantee every single penny of hardworking fans pledges to go to community programs despite 88% of voting fans wanting money to go to player budget,  :rolleyes:

I'd be more concerned if SMISA ignored the wishes of the majority of people paying them money.  Going round in circles yet again but this is not SMISA's decision, 100% of pledges to buy St Mirren football club into fan ownership do not have to go to the community (Otherwise surely the £10/ £23 would be going in as well instead of repaying Mr Gilmour) we still do great things for the club, people pledging monthly direct debits have not made any promises the money would all go to community, SMISA haven't made that pledge either. It's a fecken democratic vote on where the money is going. 

I actually hope you've went looking for legal advice, you'll be laughed out of any solicitors office and everyone else will think you're an even bigger tool than they already do. 

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

No , you`re wrong. It is only Paisley . Would never see it happening in , lets say somewhere like Lanarkshire .

i stand corrected... Airdrie, Coatbridge, East Kilbride are all full of nothing but Airdrieonian, Albion Rovers and EK fans.  never heard of anyone supporting a Glasgow team there... :P (I am assuming your post is sarcasm obviously) 

58 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Why don't you volunteer your services to help promote St Mirren in the community Stuart? And not just Paisley, the surrounding areas in renfrewhire... even Glasgow. There's plenty who would be attracted to your vision of a family club free of the bigotry of the old firm.

Or try and spread the word on another planet, preferably one with no oxygen :whistle

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

It may well be.

However, there are a large number of people who show affiliation to St.Mirren and would be upset if the club disappeared.

I know several individuals who fall into this category.

So I'm afraid the "unadulterated shite" comment still stands.

I also have several friends who support the bigots and they aren't blinded by hatred and take no enjoyment in our current predicament.

No doubt you will have friends who have a soft spot but these people will be around the same age as ourselves

It's the younger generation i'm talking about spawned by the Souness children

I'm not just talking about Paisley but the whole West Central Scotland

Where up to Souness arrival the media did give some airtime to other clubs in the radio,tv and newspapers

Well we see now that certain newspapers are just fanzines

Our local radio stations talk about the gruesome twosome 95%

TV every away game for the 2 filmed stopping more money going to the home team

The main bulk of our support is people who grew up when we were a top 6 team and some of their offspring

Guest TPAFKATS
Other than resigning, what have you done?

I don't think that is any of your business

Yeah that's right it's none of oaksoft's business what you have alluded to have done via a public forum about an organisation that you are no longer a member of.

Irony bypass once again for Herr Dickson.

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Dickson's posts take over the forum. That's why I'm ignoring him. Endless pish. He seems to thrive on getting told what a nob he is.

I find it difficult to separate Dickson from the people who seem to thrive on responding to him. As I said, fire in. Even if it's the guy who's supposed to run the forum asking for needless abuse to stop nothing will happen.

And you're expecting a new board, new management team and SMISA to all be absolutely perfect within six months and not make mistakes as well as guarantee every single penny of hardworking fans pledges to go to community programs despite 88% of voting fans wanting money to go to player budget,  :rolleyes:
I'd be more concerned if SMISA ignored the wishes of the majority of people paying them money.  Going round in circles yet again but this is not SMISA's decision, 100% of pledges to buy St Mirren football club into fan ownership do not have to go to the community (Otherwise surely the £10/ £23 would be going in as well instead of repaying Mr Gilmour) we still do great things for the club, people pledging monthly direct debits have not made any promises the money would all go to community, SMISA haven't made that pledge either. It's a fecken democratic vote on where the money is going. 
I actually hope you've went looking for legal advice, you'll be laughed out of any solicitors office and everyone else will think you're an even bigger tool than they already do. 

To be honest I was expecting progress. Instead what is gradually emerging is a picture of even bigger problems than anyone first imagined. You've got a large detachment from the local community - incidentally it isn't nearly as bad in Motherwell - you've got a board passing round the begging bowl, a team adrift at the bottom of the second tier, stories of empire building internally amongst staff, a club shop that doesn't earn the club money, the club falling foul of HMRC over minimum pay and the kit supplier and main sponsor having pulled their business. I'm also hearing stories of resignations and of internal discontentment. SMISA claim their too busy to deliver their promise of a club at the heart of the community despite having one more "director" on board than their constitution allows and some of the SMISA board don't seem to know what their business model is never mind the business model or plan for the football club. Indeed if it wasn't for the Fans Council and the extraordinary generosity of some of the fans you'd be hard pushed to find a single good news story over the last six months.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Correct

St Mirren send players to local Boys Clubs all the time to present prizes at their end of season bashes 

Stevie Mallan presented at my son's and in a room about 50 only 4 people knew who he was

I was more excited in meeting him than any wean who was in the room apart from my boy and one of his team mates

Different story if it was a bit part player from the gruesome twosome they would be queing up for selfies or whatever

This is shocking especially from the football community where next to no one knew the local senior side's best player