SMiSA's Latest Update

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

HE HAS NOT PUT IN 600 K ! He's BORROWED IT !

Yeah you know that wouldn't be unusual. Many asset rich people aren't sitting around with cash to hand. Mortgaging some of his assets at the current low rate of interest to raise the money to buy the club isn't at all unfeasible or a sign that Gordon Scott is poor. 

2 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Wel said am I glad that at least you and me see it the same way . Tony Fitzpartick is a living legend and I want to make this very clear . He deserves and should be given a role within The Club but he's just NOT CEO material . This position requires very special skills and it's just not possible to acquire these skills while in a position like Tony finds himself . After attending the AGM Last week I'm even more convinced that GS has no clue how to run a Football Club . Fans see him as some sort of saviour but it will prove to be the exact opposite Just wait and see . It's not the managers job to represent The Board but I honestly feel that he is a fantastic appointment but a lucky one as he was not the choice of GS . It will all come out very shortly and it will result in resignations wait and see 

I find it odd that so many on here think everything is just "tickety-boo" right now behind the scenes. You've got a club with the third largest support in the Championship, large season ticket sales, a large wage budget which as Div rightly pointed out is well within the PCW recommendations against turnover, a Fans Council, a SMISA membership of in excess of 1300, and a SMISA board that is unconstitutionally large with 13 members rather than the "no more than 12" that the constitution calls for. Yet despite those resources - cash and physical in terms of the weight of numbers - the club sits well adrift at the bottom of the league with only 2 wins from 18 and the begging bowl has been passed around with the claim from the SMiSA board that £9k spent now to the end of the season will achieve 9th place - something that over £1.2m per annum hasn't managed to achieve so far. And everyone is too busy to grow the club in the local community. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah you know that wouldn't be unusual. Many asset rich people aren't sitting around with cash to hand. Mortgaging some of his assets at the current low rate of interest to raise the money to buy the club isn't at all unfeasible or a sign that Gordon Scott is poor. 

Yea and he's doing it all for nothing as he's a great guy and just loves The Club ! Very good . We will see but don't suppose you will tell me I'm correct when it all goes badly wrong cause it's a certainty

So what's nonsense ? You actually think GS is doing this for the fans ? PLEASE DONT INSULT PAISLEY PEOPLE 

That he borrowed £600k.

Feel free to answer my question about why first seeing how you are the one challenging the current information.

Also try not to use such an obvious logical fallacy...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

What a disaster it would be if folk from outside Paisley started supporting the Club!!!

Your patter is beginning to sound very "whats in it for you" familiar.

1 hour ago, rea said:

That he borrowed £600k.

Feel free to answer my question about why first seeing how you are the one challenging the current information.

Also try not to use such an obvious logical fallacy...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

What a disaster it would be if folk from outside Paisley started supporting the Club!!!

Your patter is beginning to sound very "whats in it for you" familiar.

Fun link, rea! :)

Ta.

21 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

A strange question coming from you since you never stopped moaning about Hall Of Fame boards :rolleyes:

In fairness to Poz he doesnt unremittingly complain about absolutely everything at the club the way you do.

He doesnt wage 20 year vendettas against everyone the way you do.

And he has at times been actively involved in stuff the club has done in the past. Unlike you.

He may whine from time to time but he is a "do-er" where Saints are concerned. You, my friend, are one of life's talkers and as such you are ten a penny.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness to Poz he doesnt unremittingly complain about absolutely everything at the club the way you do.

He doesnt wage 20 year vendettas against everyone the way you do.

And he has at times been actively involved in stuff the club has done in the past. Unlike you.

He may whine from time to time but he is a "do-er" where Saints are concerned. You, my friend, are one of life's talkers and as such you are ten a penny.

Ah so true. I've offered my assistance several times and either been rejected or ignored. Tell me though Oaksoft - what have you done for the club? Are you a talker? One of the ten a penny? For that matter what have you done for anyone? For your own community even? Anything? 

I find it odd that so many on here think everything is just "tickety-boo" right now behind the scenes. You've got a club with the third largest support in the Championship, large season ticket sales, a large wage budget which as Div rightly pointed out is well within the PCW recommendations against turnover, a Fans Council, a SMISA membership of in excess of 1300, and a SMISA board that is unconstitutionally large with 13 members rather than the "no more than 12" that the constitution calls for. Yet despite those resources - cash and physical in terms of the weight of numbers - the club sits well adrift at the bottom of the league with only 2 wins from 18 and the begging bowl has been passed around with the claim from the SMiSA board that £9k spent now to the end of the season will achieve 9th place - something that over £1.2m per annum hasn't managed to achieve so far. And everyone is too busy to grow the club in the local community. 

To clarify 1 point; the SMiSA board, as far as I'm aware, currently has 10 members, not 13.

15 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Ah so true. I've offered my assistance several times and either been rejected or ignored. Tell me though Oaksoft - what have you done for the club? Are you a talker? One of the ten a penny? For that matter what have you done for anyone? For your own community even? Anything? 

I'd say the problem with you Stuart is that you can't see ANY other way of doing anything other than the way you would do it.

If you don't get your own way the entire pram gets emptied, the toys go everywhere, and you storm off in a huff.

Like you did when SG didn't like your business plan, and like you've done with SMiSA, 5 months into a ten year plan.

It's not the way most grown up people work. Having berated and abused St.Mirren online for the past 10+ years I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring you tbh.

7 hours ago, div said:

I'd say the problem with you Stuart is that you can't see ANY other way of doing anything other than the way you would do it.

If you don't get your own way the entire pram gets emptied, the toys go everywhere, and you storm off in a huff.

Like you did when SG didn't like your business plan, and like you've done with SMiSA, 5 months into a ten year plan.

It's not the way most grown up people work. Having berated and abused St.Mirren online for the past 10+ years I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring you tbh.

Add to the above that he dragged the good name of nurses through the mud on this forum and i personally come to the conclusion that to pay attention to him by adopting his ideas would be to condone his abhorrent actions.Apart from that i get the impression he will never be happy no matter what anyone does.

23 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Your logical fallicy is........Whataboutery. I am not playing.

This is about you and why you are being ignored.

I agree with others. You will clearly never be truly happy in your life. Regardless of your behaviour, I find that genuinely saddening. I think you would need to be a bit of a bastard not to feel a tinge of pity towards you. I might be annoying as f**k sometimes but I am not a total c**t.

Your help is clearly not wanted and your opinion is clearly not valued.

My advice to you is that you have the self awareness to walk away and accept that everybody else is not the problem here. You are the problem but you wont accept it. 

36 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Add to the above that he dragged the good name of nurses through the mud on this forum and i personally come to the conclusion that to pay attention to him by adopting his ideas would be to condone his abhorrent actions.Apart from that i get the impression he will never be happy no matter what anyone does.

The sad thing is that I do think he genuinely wants to help. I think he measures his worth by how others see him. Thats what all this community stuff is about. Its all about what he gets out of it. Its all about him. It all reeks a fakery. Nothing wrong with that I suppose as long as others benefit but there is always a risk of becoming totally dependent on others for your own happiness. This is his problem. People sense his neediness and reject him. Then he goes off on one in a desperate attempt to regain control and blame others for his isolation. The berating of others for not sharing his community spirit stuff is also hypocritical in that light but he lacks the self awareness to realise it.

He can change his behaviour but I dont know if he is capable of recognising that I am tying to help him by being honest with him.

Edited by oaksoft

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Your logical fallicy is........Whataboutery. I am not playing.

This is about you and why you are being ignored.

I agree with others. You will clearly never be truly happy in your life. Regardless of your behaviour, I find that genuinely saddening. I think you would need to be a bit of a bastard not to feel a tinge of pity towards you. I might be annoying as f**k sometimes but I am not a total c**t.

Your help is clearly not wanted and your opinion is clearly not valued.

My advice to you is that you have the self awareness to walk away and accept that everybody else is not the problem here. You are the problem but you wont accept it. 

Yes you are and yes you are. :lol:

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The sad thing is that I do think he genuinely wants to help. I think he measures his worth by how others see him. Thats what all this community stuff is about. Its all about what he gets out of it. Its all about him. It all reeks a fakery. Nothing wrong with that I suppose as long as others benefit but there is always a risk of becoming totally dependent on others for your own happiness. This is his problem. People sense his neediness and reject him. Then he goes off on one in a desperate attempt to regain control and blame others for his isolation. The berating of others for not sharing his community spirit stuff is also hypocritical in that light but he lacks the self awareness to realise it.

He can change his behaviour but I dont know if he is capable of recognising that I am tying to help him by being honest with him.

Can only imagine what its like for his colleagues in his place of work. 

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh dear. What a bizarre post and it comes from a man who has previously lambasted parents for trying to raise money to send their kids for life saving treatment abroad when the NHS has lacked the ability to save them; a man who thinks it's wrong for football fans to raise money to put on a Christmas dinner for the homeless, disabled and the lonely; and a man who thinks it's fakery and all about ego when a father coaches a football team so his son and others have a place to play football. This is also the same man who thinks 13 men sitting round a table for six months talking about what they'd like to do at SMISA are life's do'ers,  those who have actually done stuff in their community are talkers, and he posts his critique whilst he does nothing but post on the Internet and claims that pointing out his lack of effort is "whataboutary" whatever the f**k that is. :rolleyes: I've got nothing to learn from you Oaksoft.

As for the rest of your post, yeah I believe I could present a business plan that would catapult St Mirren forward. It's not an original plan, it's worked elsewhere at clubs like Swansea and at Stoke City - where community involvement has boosted commercial success. Its worked at boys club level for the likes of Hutchison Vale, Cumbernauld Colts and EK Thistle. I believe St Mirren should be following success stories rather than gazing at their belly button moaning that the targeted £5m a year turnover can't happen cause the existing fan base is refusing to increase their current spend at the club by 250% per annum. If St Mirren don't want to listen it's no problem to me, but don't expect me to shut up when their failures keep smacking them in the face, over and over if they can't find a successful path of their own.

Edited by Stuart Dickson