SMiSA's Latest Update

Add to the above that he dragged the good name of nurses through the mud on this forum and i personally come to the conclusion that to pay attention to him by adopting his ideas would be to condone his abhorrent actions.Apart from that i get the impression he will never be happy no matter what anyone does.

NHS nurses deserve comment though don't they? There can't be another job where praise is so readily given to those who do so little to deserve it.

I'd say the problem with you Stuart is that you can't see ANY other way of doing anything other than the way you would do it.

If you don't get your own way the entire pram gets emptied, the toys go everywhere, and you storm off in a huff.

Like you did when SG didn't like your business plan, and like you've done with SMiSA, 5 months into a ten year plan.

It's not the way most grown up people work. Having berated and abused St.Mirren online for the past 10+ years I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring you tbh.

Stewart Gilmour didn't like me Div. The business I presented he tried to copy months later, and when he couldn't figure it out he had his Commercial Manager bring me back in for another chat. Eventually many years later they launched their own text messaging service that was identical to what I had put forward 10 years previous. Unfortunately for Gilmour mobile Internet had long since taken over.

I didn't throw my toys out of the pram over that at all. Instead I built my profitable business with customers from all over the world, eventually selling before 3g became commonplace as was my exit plan. The only reason I renounced my support for St Mirren was two years later - after the shambolic and ridiculous way the board sacked Tom Hendre.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

True.

I did the same BinEK, however we're correct. Cockles will be arguing that David Nicol is not a SMiSA board member. Yet there has been no notification of his resignation from the SMiSA board, and SMiSA themselves failed to mention that the winner of the Club Director election would have to resign his post. Indeed the SMISA director election paperword specifically said that the winner of the election would have to attend both club board and SMISA board meetings. 

http://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/221-smisa-director-election-results-announced

Cockles can argue the symantics all day long if he wants, but the fact is that the SMISA website is misleading, the SMISA membership don't know who their elected representatives are. There's no mention of David Riley and Kenny Morrison who have been co-opted onto the SMiSA board, and there's been no notification of any resignations. Even more ridiculous is that some SMiSA board members continue to post on this forum hiding behind an alias. 

No minutes of meetings, no transparency, members don't know if SMiSA board members were co-opted into their posts or elected. It's yet another St Mirren style car crash.  

Edited by Stuart Dickson

3 minutes ago, dwriley65 said:

Neither Kenny nor I have been co-opted onto the board. We attended SMiSA meetings during the Director election process and continued afterwards but not in any official capacity.

Really? Kenny Morrison appeared to think he had been co-opted on and was posting as though he was a SMiSA board member. 

On 15/12/2016 at 5:27 PM, TsuMirren said:

You have absolutely lost it shull. Without SMISA and it's members there would have been no takeover. Without SMISA members there'd have been no disabled platform, for the simple reason that there'd have been no takeover. Stewart didn't approach Gordon, he approached SMISA and Gordon came on board after that. (You can read the full story in the Saint newspaper, available Saturday)

To go back a bit, to the demands that Stuart felt so important that he put them on an unofficial forum. Its my view that David Nicol is now attending committee meetings as a St Mirren director and that there are 12 committee members. The latest update has covered everything discussed, excluding information that has been deemed sensitive (that will happen from time to time). I have raised the issue of the minutes. The comment about not being democratic is mischievous as we have been democratic, albeit with the USH loan vote being amongst the committee. I also gave an open and factual update on the process there, which involved the information we had at the time and the knowledge/experience in the room.

I knew Kenny had indicated that David Riley and he had been co-opted to the SMISA board. If you take David Rileys post at face value it appears even SMiSA board members don't know if they are board members or not. 

What a f**king ridiculous organisation this is turning out to be. 

Neither Kenny nor I have been co-opted onto the board. We attended SMiSA meetings during the Director election process and continued afterwards but not in any official capacity.

I am trying hard to remain neutral and objective here and please do not think ill of me just because Stuart referred to "we" meaning him and I!

But really?

Why?

So who can attend the meetings then and if not in an official capacity then you should have no formal input ergo why attend?

All I look for is complete transparency so that I can have trust in the group.

I am trying hard to remain neutral and objective here and please do not think ill of me just because Stuart referred to "we" meaning him and I!

But really?

Why?

So who can attend the meetings then and if not in an official capacity then you should have no formal input ergo why attend?

All I look for is complete transparency so that I can have trust in the group.

You're correct; we have no formal input, no vote on any matters. We are asked for or offer our opinion / input on topics being discussed. I attend because I want to do whatever I can to help SMiSA and the club move forward. Simple as that.

21 minutes ago, dwriley65 said:

Kenny and I were invited as part of the Director election process. Best to ask [email protected]

Ach I wouldn't bother with that. As a member I found that there was a 50% chance that someone would reply. They'd ask for proposals for the ballot for spending funds, and then ignored my suggestion neither putting it on the ballot paper or offering any explanation why it was left off, and they asked for questions to be sent in from members, which I still was when I sent it, for them to put to the club board at the AGM, and they didn't ask the question I put forward. When you look at the state of how SMiSA are being run I honestly don't think I could trust them to run a football club on behalf of a football club customer base. 

There were 4 guys elected by the members at the last AGM and 4 the year before, making 8 , John White is the Secretary but not ellected by the members, as per  the constitution  the elected board members appoint him and decide among the elected members who will be chairman.

Anybody else must be assisting the board , not necessarily  co opted, and can stand at the next AGM.