SMiSA's Latest Update

At the risk of upsetting a number of people, I would like to say that, whilst I don't always like what SD writes or the way in which he phrases things, I do defend his right to bring things up on the forum. No more of a right than any other but certainly no less. It probably shouldn't surprise us that the new set up is taking time to bed in. It is right however that members and potential members (like myself) are reassured that the correct governance is in place and seen to be both transparent and effective. As a non member, for now, I will let others comment on the detail but guys ...please try to listen to each other rather than seeing who can shout loudest or find the smartest put down. Not a bad resolution for 2017.

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

At the risk of upsetting a number of people, I would like to say that, whilst I don't always like what SD writes or the way in which he phrases things, I do defend his right to bring things up on the forum. No more of a right than any other but certainly no less. It probably shouldn't surprise us that the new set up is taking time to bed in. It is right however that members and potential members (like myself) are reassured that the correct governance is in place and seen to be both transparent and effective. As a non member, for now, I will let others comment on the detail but guys ...please try to listen to each other rather than seeing who can shout loudest or find the smartest put down. Not a bad resolution for 2017.

I agree Ricky but seeing as he's the biggest wind up artist on the forum i can't blame people for getting annoyed at times.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I agree Ricky but seeing as he's the biggest wind up artist on the forum i can't blame people for getting annoyed at times.

Anyone who knows Stuart's history over many years including the old forum Saints On Line will know he is no wind up merchant. 

23 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Here's the template i'll use,

Guy who knows how to do sums.............................................................................

Story writer.................................................................................

Guy who licks envelopes and posts letters..................................................................

Man who talks a lot,while sitting on a chair.(or standing)...................................................................

Geezer who can put stuff on t'internet..........................................................................

Sausage roll thief..................................................................................................

Person who keeps it all together and scribbles notes on the back of a fag packet............................................................................................................

Cleaner...................................................................................................

Another guy who can do sums....................................................................................

Community heel dragger...............................................................................................

Person or persons with multiple aliases........................................................................................

Guy who props up Ralston...............................................................................................

Dude who shouldny be there (but is a welcome contributor).................................................................

#2 Dude who shouldny be there (but is a welcome contributor)...........................................................................

Peter, as you're making it a purpose of yours as a SMISA board member to see communication improved, perhaps, you can conclude the debate by clarifying how many members make up the SMISA board and who they are? Would be much appreciated. Thanks

Since I entered the debate a few days or so ago, I have thought, I would genuinely like to know who I am entrusting my monthly subscription to. I don't need to know who the cleaner is or the other guy who can do sums, I don't even have to know who the community heel dragger is nor do I need to know which guy props up Ralston but what I would like to know is, Who I am entrusting £1440 of my money to (there'll be no petulant threats of cancelling memberships/subs or not buying season tickets etc) but it now interests me on who makes up the SMISA committee/board.

Thanks very much.

52 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Peter, as you're making it a purpose of yours as a SMISA board member to see communication improved, perhaps, you can conclude the debate by clarifying how many members make up the SMISA board and who they are? Would be much appreciated. Thanks

Since I entered the debate a few days or so ago, I have thought, I would genuinely like to know who I am entrusting my monthly subscription to. I don't need to know who the cleaner is or the other guy who can do sums, I don't even have to know who the community heel dragger is nor do I need to know which guy props up Ralston but what I would like to know is, Who I am entrusting £1440 of my money to (there'll be no petulant threats of cancelling memberships/subs or not buying season tickets etc) but it now interests me on who makes up the SMISA committee/board.

Thanks very much.

All board/committee members are listed on www.smisa.net, the eleven people listed on there are the full board and their short biographies give an idea of their background.Other people attend meetings on a regular basis and some not so regularly, they have voluntarily attended meetings and since their experience and willingness to help and add their views at meetings is very much appreciated their attendances have proved to be worthwhile. The two SMiSA members who stood for election and were not board members of SMiSA, have not been co-opted onto the board, nor have any of the other people who have attended meetings. The current board set up may change at the AGM which will be held in February or March 2017.

If anyone feels their skills could be useful at meetings or if anyone wants to ask questions at any meetings there are contact details listed on the website.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I just do not see the point in that post at all.  No person  with the brain function equal to or above that of the potato would decry Stu Dick's right to use this forum to air his views. That is what the forum is for.

We however as forum user's and normally functioning human beings (well kind of) should not have to read the same poster making exactly the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

Stu Dick doesnt always shout the loudest but he does shout the most.

All board/committee members are listed on www.smisa.net, the eleven people listed on there are the full board and their short biographies give an idea of their background.Other people attend meetings on a regular basis and some not so regularly, they have voluntarily attended meetings and since their experience and willingness to help and add their views at meetings is very much appreciated their attendances have proved to be worthwhile. The two SMiSA members who stood for election and were not board members of SMiSA, have not been co-opted onto the board, nor have any of the other people who have attended meetings. The current board set up may change at the AGM which will be held in February or March 2017.
If anyone feels their skills could be useful at meetings or if anyone wants to ask questions at any meetings there are contact details listed on the website.

yeah read yours. who wrote it Billy Connelly. people person. comedy gold.[emoji23]

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

All went well at Saporito wine bar and also Saporito high street, 7 board members attended. I had 4 pints and a vodka to wash down my rather tasty burger. I am not at liberty to disclose what others had.

news on the street is you broke into a cold sweat when the waitress went to remove your name card from the table. :P when she was clearing up.

anyways, many thanks for the reply regarding the SMISA board.

as I said previously, I don't give a monkeys who is and who is not on the SMISA board, nor do I give a stuff about how many people make up the board but I do expect information and communications coming from both SMISA and St Mirren to be accurate and not having to decipher what it might mean.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I just do not see the point in that post at all.  No person  with the brain function equal to or above that of the potato would decry Stu Dick's right to use this forum to air his views. That is what the forum is for.

We however as forum user's and normally functioning human beings (well kind of) should not have to read the same poster making exactly the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

Stu Dick doesnt always shout the loudest but he does shout the most.

I think you cheated and used copy and paste ... c'mon admit it...

2 hours ago, buddiecat said:

So tell us at what AGM was John White , Tony Black and Alan Quinn elected by the members to serve on the board because I have attended the last 3 and they were not on the board or up for election  and they cannot have been co opted as you can only do that if you have less than the minimum stated in the constitution which is 5.

Interested to hear your answer

3 hours ago, buddiecat said:

All board/committee members are listed on www.smisa.net, the eleven people listed on there are the full board and their short biographies give an idea of their background.

So SD was right about all 11 being board members. 

At least another 30 pages to come now, FFS :lol

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, cockles1987 said:

Just checked, 10

If there's 11 then name them all.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:20 AM, cockles1987 said:

Why do you provide a link that proves you wrong as there's only 10 on that page.

You're just making up numbers again.

SD wasn't the only person making "numbers up" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D

Edited by Kombibuddie
reduce spaces in post

52 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

So tell us at what AGM was John White , Tony Black and Alan Quinn elected by the members to serve on the board because I have attended the last 3 and they were not on the board or up for election  and they cannot have been co opted as you can only do that if you have less than the minimum stated in the constitution which is 5.

Interested to hear your answer

Yes you are quite correct in that neither Tony or Alan are elected directors and John being secretary has not been elected,so i have been a bit amiss in stating that the 11 are the full board, there are 8 elected one secretary and the other 2 assist at meetings. I never said they were all elected directors. Would have been better on reflection to state there are 11 people who attend the board meetings and are actively involved in running the trust.

I can sometimes make errors,i am human after all. I will leave this conversation for now and go sit in a corner and think about the harm and destruction i have caused.