SMiSA's Latest Update

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Uncalled for and personal abuse!

You may well see it as innocuous or even deserved... but to me it crosses a line that I wish we collectively didn't.

Settle for calling him a twat if it makes you feel better... but this is a bit personal bud! 

In  fairness it was yet another unfunny effort by Poz but FFS what would we do without an army of self righteous do-gooders prepared to be offended on behalf of someone else.

The fact that it offends you when it wasnt directed at you makes it sweeter.

When will you guys realise thus?

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Seems rather co-incidental. A coward hiding behind an alias, with a handful of posts does a bit of online stalking and digs out a picture and within minutes someone "just happens" to anonymously phone my son to make a number of threats. It's the third time it's happened over a number of years. The previous two incidents were reported to the police and this time round has also been reported. And funnily enough in each one of these "incidents" the coward has chosen to threaten one of my sons rather than have a go at me. 

How do you know who phoned him? How do you know it was the person who posted that photo?

Whilst it is unnacceptable (although I highly doubt it happened), you have made enemies the length and breadth of this country. It could be anyone.

Edited by oaksoft

In  fairness it was yet another unfunny effort by Poz but FFS what would we do without an army of self righteous do-gooders prepared to be offended on behalf of someone else.
The fact that it offends you when it wasnt directed at you makes it sweeter.
When will you guys realise thus?

Where did I say that it offended me?

You really are quite sanctimonious and self righteous this weekend sir.

The fact that you choose to channel it into criticising any post that attempts to stand for good is the biggest irony on the forum.

Do keep amusing me please. It's fun.

It is not a Community benefit society, and  it cannot call it self that because it was registered before August 2014, please do your homework mate.
It also is not registered by the Charities Commission  as you said before either.
Come on you are showing your ignorance  , old man 

It is a CBS. Originally it was an IPS but legislation updated this type of company to CBS which is the articles SMISA now has.

It has no association with OSCR

On 31/12/2016 at 3:08 PM, rea said:

It is a CBS. Originally it was an IPS but legislation updated this type of company to CBS which is the articles SMISA now has.

It has no association with OSCR

Rebella will be back to advise you how wrong you are Richard, going by his posts he knows everything about SMiSA and to quote him I will be "interested to hear" his answer

Edited by buddiecat

3 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Rebella will be back to advise you how wrong you are Richard, going by his posts he knows everything about SMiSA and to quote him I will be "interested to hear" his answer

I'd just love to hear anyone answer with clarity on anything SMiSA related at the moment. The only thing we seem to have gotten to the bottom of over the last month is that there are only 8 elected members on the SMiSA board, 1 appointed and 2 more co-opted (at least I think that has been what you all finally agreed on) and that Kenny Morrison and David Riley are not on the SMiSA board despite Kenny Morrison apparently thinking that he was. 

If SMiSA is a Community Benefit Society - which it says it is - then when is it going to start meeting it's commitment to the local community? And regardless of whether it's a BenComm or something else when are SMiSA going to move towards fulfilling their pledge to put the club at the heart of the community? Will the SMISA board ever allow any suggestions for spending on the local community to be put on the quarterly ballot paper? And will the minutes and agenda of monthly meetings ever be published for all the members to review if not the general public? And is the website due to be sorted so that the constitution features more predominately on the website rather than hidden away in a link behind a single word on a long web article? 

12 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'd just love to hear anyone answer with clarity on anything SMiSA related at the moment. The only thing we seem to have gotten to the bottom of over the last month is that there are only 8 elected members on the SMiSA board, 1 appointed and 2 more co-opted (at least I think that has been what you all finally agreed on) and that Kenny Morrison and David Riley are not on the SMiSA board despite Kenny Morrison apparently thinking that he was. 

If SMiSA is a Community Benefit Society - which it says it is - then when is it going to start meeting it's commitment to the local community? And regardless of whether it's a BenComm or something else when are SMiSA going to move towards fulfilling their pledge to put the club at the heart of the community? Will the SMISA board ever allow any suggestions for spending on the local community to be put on the quarterly ballot paper? And will the minutes and agenda of monthly meetings ever be published for all the members to review if not the general public? And is the website due to be sorted so that the constitution features more predominately on the website rather than hidden away in a link behind a single word on a long web article? 

Happy new year lasted a long time there Stuart. :rolleyes: (smilie justified)

34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Happy new year lasted a long time there Stuart. :rolleyes: (smilie justified)

Not that he needs it nor courts it, but I will defend his post.

There was nothing malicious or acerbic about it and if responded to positively, would help SMISA be totally transparent.

On 01/01/2017 at 7:36 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

Another day - still no clarity. Does anyone at SMiSA know when SMiSA, a Community Benefit Society, is planning to do something that might benefit the community? For an organisation so dependent on it's members the board seem utterly reliant on it's memberships ignorance and disinterest to operate in the way it does. 

22 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Another day - still no clarity. Does anyone at SMiSA know when SMiSA, a Community Benefit Society, is planning to do something that might benefit the community? For an organisation so dependent on it's members the board seem utterly reliant on it's memberships ignorance and disinterest to operate in the way it does. 

Why don't you post your questions on the SMISA forum on this website. That is what is is there for.

That isn't uniting behind you, that is stating the bleeding obvious as it clearly states

Got a question or point to raise about the St.Mirren Independent Supporters Association ? This is the place to do it. SMiSA members and non-members all welcome. Also visit www.smisa.net for more SMiSA related information.

and any walloper is welcome to pose their questions. Fill your boots. :D

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

Why don't you post your questions on the SMISA forum on this website. That is what is is there for.

That isn't uniting behind you, that is stating the bleeding obvious as it clearly states

and any walloper is welcome to pose their questions. Fill your boots. :D

Aye why not. I'll give it a go. 

Of course last time I did that Barry Mitchell told me that I shouldn't expect an answer from there. If I wanted an answer I should e-mail. When I e-mail they ignore that. And when I post on this thread the SMISA board members ignore me too - although they'll respond to others. The one poor guy who did try to give an official response, turned out to be a bit deluded as he wasn't a board member despite thinking he clearly was, and the other guy who has responded under cover of an alias in a confident and assertive manner saying SMISA isn't a Community Benefit Society, appears to have been totally incorrect and one assumes has also never been a SMiSA board member. And it seems the only responses with any clarity have come from members who have pronounced that they don't care how SMiSA runs, or what they do with their money, they are just happy to keep emptying their pockets regardless. 

But I'll play the game Kombi. I'll try the forum.

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Aye why not. I'll give it a go. 

Of course last time I did that Barry Mitchell told me that I shouldn't expect an answer from there. If I wanted an answer I should e-mail. When I e-mail they ignore that. And when I post on this thread the SMISA board members ignore me too - although they'll respond to others. The one poor guy who did try to give an official response, turned out to be a bit deluded as he wasn't a board member despite thinking he clearly was, and the other guy who has responded under cover of an alias in a confident and assertive manner saying SMISA isn't a Community Benefit Society, appears to have been totally incorrect and one assumes has also never been a SMiSA board member. And it seems the only responses with any clarity have come from members who have pronounced that they don't care how SMiSA runs, or what they do with their money, they are just happy to keep emptying their pockets regardless. 

But I'll play the game Kombi. I'll try the forum.

You know as well as anyone, sometimes, we all have to play the game. As Peter stated a few days back, he aims to see communication improved, therefore, I expect you will get answered.

5 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

You know as well as anyone, sometimes, we all have to play the game. As Peter stated a few days back, he aims to see communication improved, therefore, I expect you will get answered.

This will be the same Peter who a few months ago responded to one of my posts on the forum claiming it was the first and last time he'd ever address me and that it made him feel physically sick to think he had replied to me. Yeah he sounds like a man with whom "improved communication" is safe with. :rolleyes:  

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

This will be the same Peter who a few months ago responded to one of my posts on the forum claiming it was the first and last time he'd ever address me and that it made him feel physically sick to think he had replied to me. Yeah he sounds like a man with whom "improved communication" is safe with. :rolleyes:  

Stuart, I don't recall that but why not give it a go.

I have a very different belief in SMISA than you do. I am in to allowing folk to have a chance. Mistakes will be made, I expect they'll be learned from and..ach, we've done the transparency and accuracy bit to death recently.

SMISA states that is the place for members and non members to post questions. I believe you will get answered. You might not get the answers you want but we don't always get what we want. Posting questions aimed at SMISA anywhere else only causes various rows to rage and to be honest, it is boring running round in circles time and time and time and time again

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

Stuart, I don't recall that but why not give it a go.

I have a very different belief in SMISA than you do. I am in to allowing folk to have a chance. Mistakes will be made, I expect they'll be learned from and..ach, we've done the transparency and accuracy bit to death recently.

SMISA states that is the place for members and non members to post questions. I believe you will get answered. You might not get the answers you want but we don't always get what we want. Posting questions aimed at SMISA anywhere else only causes various rows to rage and to be honest, it is boring running round in circles time and time and time and time again

Aye fair enough Kombi - I have posted the questions on the forum and you can look and see for yourself what is happening. Loads of responses.....just not from SMISA. Still we live in hope huh? 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

Aye fair enough Kombi - I have posted the questions on the forum and you can look and see for yourself what is happening. Loads of responses.....just not from SMISA. Still we live in hope huh? 

give SMISA a chance.

I'd take it as a compliment that you've got others attention on that thread. Regardless of their motives for filling the thread with shite, let them crack on. The more non SMISA board members that post is more complimentary. Have a beer bud & relax.

22 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

give SMISA a chance.

I'd take it as a compliment that you've got others attention on that thread. Regardless of their motives for filling the thread with shite, let them crack on. The more non SMISA board members that post is more complimentary. Have a beer bud & relax.

That's almost another 24 hours passed Kombi. I think the SMiSA board members don't know the answers to the questions I'm asking and they are running a bit scared of what else might be exposed. Shame really. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

8 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

That's almost another 24 hours passed Kombi. I think the SMiSA board members don't know the answers to the questions I'm asking and they are running a bit scared of what else might be exposed. Shame really. :rolleyes: 

how is it said down Greenhill Road way...........Keep the Faith.

Seriously, you have got to be patient. Time of year that it is & all that jazz.. Expecting an answer in 24 hours is not reasonable. I have every faith that someone from SMISA will respond to your queries.

I expect at least 1 person on the committee is responsible for monitoring the SMISA forum for any questions or queries posed and then a wee bit of discussion by text/email/WhatsApp/meeting down the pub or by telephone if required before answering. Obviously, if they know the answer immediately, there'll be no need for a conflab & the response will be a wee bit quicker.

I'd leave it a week. Have that beer Bud & relax. Rome is under construction :D

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

how is it said down Greenhill Road way...........Keep the Faith.

Seriously, you have got to be patient. Time of year that it is & all that jazz.. Expecting an answer in 24 hours is not reasonable. I have every faith that someone from SMISA will respond to your queries.

I expect at least 1 person on the committee is responsible for monitoring the SMISA forum for any questions or queries posed and then a wee bit of discussion by text/email/WhatsApp/meeting down the pub or by telephone if required before answering. Obviously, if they know the answer immediately, there'll be no need for a conflab & the response will be a wee bit quicker.

I'd leave it a week. Have that beer Bud & relax. Rome is under construction :D

Still nothing Kombi - I'll be an alcoholic at this rate.... :rolleyes: