Let me invest £2,500 interest free for a 15 year period.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

FIFY. A feckin "no interest" loan which would enable the donor to access far more facilities than their original amount would get is called a DISCOUNT!

Ya wally.

Absolutely.

But 100 people putting on £2500  in each makes it £250,000..Not a small sum. A term investment. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely.

But 100 people putting on £2500  in each makes it £250,000..Not a small sum. A term investment. 

Okay so. You want to commit Saint Mirren to the equivalent of a provie cheque? The interest would be paid in kind every season at a rate of over 100% then the whole sum loaned would have to be paid back? And I thought StuD was a con man when it came to financial acumen.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Okay so. You want to commit Saint Mirren to the equivalent of a provie cheque? The interest would be paid in kind every season at a rate of over 100% then the whole sum loaned would have to be paid back? And I thought StuD was a con man when it came to financial acumen.

This is a not uncommon approach in business. Tomale it attractive I suggested it should be interest free.

Instead benefits would be given to this group of investors who would not have voting rights. 

Potentially a stable, low cost for of funding. It's not rocket science

34 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

This is a not uncommon approach in business. Tomale it attractive I suggested it should be interest free.

Instead benefits would be given to this group of investors who would not have voting rights. 

Potentially a stable, low cost for of funding. It's not rocket science

And therein lies the issue. That you think anyone would be daft enough to take you up on this f**king ludicrous idea in which you essentially get at least £8-9k worth of freebies from the club over a 15 year period and your £2.5k back at the end.

Away and take a running f**k, ya chancer. :lol:

Absolutely.

So we raise £250K on day one. Smashing.

But we give away £1.2K of benefits to these 100 people every season. So that's £120K times 15 years. £1.8M.

And then after 15 years we pay back the original £250K investment.

So, the club gets £250K up front and pays back £2.05M.

Do you work for Wonga by any chance?

1 minute ago, div said:

But we give away £1.2K of benefits to these 100 people every season. So that's £120K times 15 years. £1.8M.

Think St. Ricky should change his name to Crazy George.

Guest TPAFKATS
And what if the Club turn the initial £250K into say, a 20 Million Pound Profit over the timescale ?
Night night fannies :double

But how would the club decide how to spent this amazing windfall of, erm, £2,500?
New astroturf pitch, players or 1,250 lucky dips for a euromillions rollover? Possibilities are endless, I only hope Fitzy reads this forum!

Looks like we're buying the lucky dips then?

39 minutes ago, div said:

Think it, not so Brighthouse.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Has St Ricky hacked your account or have you joined the "what if" loony crew?

You'll be predicting we can be "top 5" soon if you keep that nonsense up. :1eye

I am sure Gordon's Company startit off with a small capital investment and sold for many millions more years later.

I perfectly understand St Ricky's point.

If our Club Board have the talents they can turn a £250000 loan into multi millions over a period of time,

After that the initial loans can be easily paid pack with the interest packages justified.

1 minute ago, shull said:

I am sure Gordon's Company startit off with a small capital investment and sold for many millions more years later.

I perfectly understand St Ricky's point.

If our Club Board have the talents they can turn a £250000 loan into multi millions over a period of time,

After that the initial loans can be easily paid pack with the interest packages justified.

I'm sure there are thousands of companies who have sunk with little trace after having considerable investment. :1eye

I like this game. :lol:

Personally I would love to know how Ricky thinks the club will be able to pay back all this fabulous money in 15 years time given that by definition we will have spent it.

I think we all need some assurances that season 2031-2032 isnt going to be the last season of Saints existence.

Guest TPAFKATS
I would then, simply for a laugh, like to hear shull list all the Scottish clubs who have ever turned a £250k investment into a £2 million profit.

I recall the old rangers turned Hutton into a £9million quid player which might be similar, but that was an exception. If I recall he singularly paid for Murray Park, although it's no longer called that due to the chairman turning out to be dodgy with money [emoji6]

31 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

I recall the old rangers turned Hutton into a £9million quid player which might be similar, but that was an exception. If I recall he singularly paid for Murray Park, although it's no longer called that due to the chairman turning out to be dodgy with money emoji6.png

Sevco's current manager is trying to do similar with his loanees, freebies and off-cuts - claiming they should be in the Scotland squad when he himself hadn't thought them good enough to play for his team only months earlier.

luckily Saints managers, such as Oor Tone, would never needlessly talk up their players... :rolleyes:

And the weirdo calls me not bright. Hundreds of players have left Scotland, mostly to England for vast profits. 

And I am sure other ways could be found for clever Clubs to make large profits over a number of years. 

Even St Johnstone do very well hosting Funeral Parties on non matchdays. 

Just a wee bit of investment and good entepreneurism to get the ball rolling. 

Spot on Ricky.