Let me invest £2,500 interest free for a 15 year period.

This is a not uncommon approach in business. Tomale it attractive I suggested it should be interest free.
Instead benefits would be given to this group of investors who would not have voting rights. 
Potentially a stable, low cost for of funding. It's not rocket science

Why on earth would the club want this though? It sounds like you want to hold your club to ransom because they desperately need funds. So two problems with that.

1. They don't desperately need funds
2. Who the fook would do that to their team???

More to the point if you or anyone else are season ticket holders which anyone interested in doing it would likely be the club will make much more money off 15 years of a season book + whatever you spend at games.

Also your earlier point about if 100 people did it it's £250k that would have to be paid back after 15 years and do we have 100 free parking spaces?

This guy can't be for real.

2 hours ago, shull said:

And the weirdo calls me not bright. Hundreds of players have left Scotland, mostly to England for vast profits. 

And I am sure other ways could be found for clever Clubs to make large profits over a number of years. 

Even St Johnstone do very well hosting Funeral Parties on non matchdays. 

Just a wee bit of investment and good entepreneurism to get the ball rolling. 

Spot on Ricky. 

I don't think you understand profit but I will give you a chance.

Show me all these Scottish clubs reporting all these vast profits in their annual accounts.

You can go back 20 years if you like.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't think you understand profit but I will give you a chance.

Show me all these Scottish clubs reporting all these vast profits in their annual accounts.

You can go back 20 years if you like.

Piss off weirdo 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Why on earth would the club want this though? It sounds like you want to hold your club to ransom because they desperately need funds. So two problems with that.

1. They don't desperately need funds
2. Who the fook would do that to their team???

More to the point if you or anyone else are season ticket holders which anyone interested in doing it would likely be the club will make much more money off 15 years of a season book + whatever you spend at games.

Also your earlier point about if 100 people did it it's £250k that would have to be paid back after 15 years and do we have 100 free parking spaces?

This guy can't be for real.

Oh I am. 

The principle is sound.

The terms would be negotiable 

Nor unusual in business 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

That'll be a resounding 'I can't because it's never happened', then.

Naw, that means I don't converse with weirdos who take an unhealthy interest in my family members on a public Forum. 

Anyway, no need for lists. Just check Transfer Window over the years to see the vast amount of profit some Clubs make. Starting off by picking up players for next to nothing, nurturing them for a while, then selling them on.

Celtic have done it  and even to a lesser extent, Falkirk. 

The main point is that an Initial Capital Investment can be very profitable if utilised properly by astute and clever entrepreneurs. 

And not just via Football means as I mentioned re St Johnstone earlier. 

Thanks for your unoriginality as usual DJ. 

Edited by shull

What St Ricky is meaning, I think, is Gordon and the Board could make very good use of a loan of say £250000.

Scott, especially being a self made man would have the expertise to make healthy profits for the Football Club. 

In whatever way he thinks best. 

Could be transfers, Stadium use, Pitch use, whatever. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

What St Ricky is meaning, I think, is Gordon and the Board could make very good use of a loan of say £250000.

Scott, especially being a self made man would have the expertise to make healthy profits for the Football Club. 

In whatever way he thinks best. 

Could be transfers, Stadium use, Pitch use, whatever. 

What about St Ricky and his 99 pals getting cheap use of the facilities and everything else he wanted?

I know one supporter who would be more than upset at that. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What about St Ricky and his 99 pals getting cheap use of the facilities and everything else he wanted?

I know one supporter who would be more than upset at that. :rolleyes:

The 100 would be more than welcome if the Recipients of the £250000 managed to make many many millions over the timescale. 

Handing back the original loan would be chickenfeed. 

All going well. 

And of course it could be a disaster. 

20 minutes ago, shull said:

Naw, that means I don't converse with weirdos who take an unhealthy interest in my family members on a public Forum. 

Anyway, no need for lists. Just check Transfer Window over the years to see the vast amount of profit some Clubs make. Starting off by picking up players for next to nothing, nurturing them for a while, then selling them on.

Celtic have done it  and even to a lesser extent, Falkirk. 

The main point is that an Initial Capital Investment can be very profitable if utilised properly by astute and clever entrepreneurs. 

And not just via Football means as I mentioned re St Johnstone earlier. 

Thanks for your unoriginality as usual DJ. 

No club, Celtic included and certainly not St. Johnstone or Falkirk, have taken an investment as negligible as £250k and turned it into £20m.

An 'astute and clever entrepreneur' wouldn't ever consider taking £250k and dishing out several million pounds worth of benefits as a result of securing the investment in the first place.

Thanks for your uninformed and over-inflated opinion and self-worth, as usual, taxi driver.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

No club, Celtic included and certainly not St. Johnstone or Falkirk, have taken an investment as negligible as £250k and turned it into £20m.

An 'astute and clever entrepreneur' wouldn't ever consider taking £250k and dishing out several million pounds worth of benefits as a result of securing the investment in the first place.

Thanks for your uninformed and over-inflated opinion and self-worth, as usual, taxi driver.

Never said Falkirk or St Johnstone did. 

The point being is that clever people can turn small investments into major money. 

Doesn't have to be 250000 to 20 million. 

Could be any decent return. The Sky's the limit for some. 

Thanks for replying 

I am nearly overcome with the excitement of your post and good manners, ye boring trumpet. 

And they wouldn't be dishing out millions of pounds of benefits. 

St Ricky would be happy with a seat in the Directors Area, a Car Parking space and maybe complimentary Pie and Beans 

I am thrilled I get on yir tits. :clapping :lol:

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just read the last paragraph again. 

You are bloody fuming 

I bet you wish you were exciting. :lol:

30 minutes ago, shull said:

Never said Falkirk or St Johnstone did. 

The point being is that clever people can turn small investments into major money. 

Doesn't have to be 250000 to 20 million. 

Could be any decent return. The Sky's the limit for some. 

Thanks for replying 

I am nearly overcome with the excitement of your post and good manners, ye boring trumpet. 

You have been watching the Apprentice again haven't you!

I find it slightly hypocritical that someone would throw every single toy out of their pram at the prospect of 1300 fans contributing £6 per head of additional money to bolster the clubs transfer budget in January but would quite happily see 100 fans put up a total of £0.25m of capital in return for the club giving them £2.05m of benefits in return.

Is it a full moon?

2 minutes ago, div said:

I find it slightly hypocritical that someone would throw every single toy out of their pram at the prospect of 1300 fans contributing £6 per head of additional money to bolster the clubs transfer budget in January but would quite happily see 100 fans put up a total of £0.25m of capital in return for the club giving them £2.05m of benefits in return.

Is it a full moon?

Div

I think it may be a full moon.

The basis of my post was to suggest that there are aternative ways of raising capital without upsetting the buy out arrangements.

Which also managed to accelerate the additional revenue streams mentioned by the board - which apparently need capital to get going.

Also with the possibility of levering an additional £250,000 - £500,000 if used for community purposes that would not need to be repaid.

Strangely incongruous is the argument that the SMISA money must earn interest - not that I object to that - but to argue against an interest free injection of funds - then makes no sense.

The benefits side for individuals would obviously be negotiable.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:31 PM, St.Ricky said:

In return I would like the following:

1. Reserved Parking 

2 Main Stand Seat in Directors area.

3 Same pre and post match goodies.

4 My Entry ticket for all home games. 

5 A ability to bring a friend with appropriate payment being made.

Careful what you wish for, you could end up with ownership of the club at those terms...

9 minutes ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

Careful what you wish for, you could end up with ownership of the club at those terms...

Gee - never.

I never wish to be on the board or to be on any fans group board or committee.

Those who are - I commend them.

Community Ownership is the Future.

But - Access to capital or the abscence of it does concern me.