Jason Naismith

Stockholmbud

So, he's wanted by a top flight side, which will almost certainly remain so (Chairman's cash will buy survival) and he'll be on better money?

What the hell is he waiting for?

The Board should be negotiating the best deal we can get financially and let him move on.

Get the deal done early in the transfer window to allow JR a chance to use the money wisely.

1 hour ago, Dalrybud said:

So, he's wanted by a top flight side, which will almost certainly remain so (Chairman's cash will buy survival) and he'll be on better money?

The Board should be negotiating the best deal we can get financially and let him move on.

Get the deal done early in the transfer window to allow JR a chance to use the money wisely.

Two toffee apples and a gobstopper should do it. RC will pay little or nothing for the lad.

4 hours ago, Dalrybud said:

I don't think he wants to go to the Highlands full stop

He's too old for that, no?

Never thought of that.

It looks like they might be trying to get one of their out of contract right backs to sign for us in the summer, maybe as a means of "can't give you any money but we'll sort you with one of these replacements"

Time to get a left back signed asap. Move Irvine to right back and get Naismith out the side. We need 100% committed players for the rest of the season. 

I mind when Kirk Broadfoot signed a PCA with Rangers (RIP). He was our best player for the remainder of that season, and delivered a MOTM performance against Rangers.

Not that Naismith is anywhere near the player Kirky was, but the point is that signing a PCA with another team shouldn't automatically get you dropped.

31 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I mind when Kirk Broadfoot signed a PCA with Rangers (RIP). He was our best player for the remainder of that season, and delivered a MOTM performance against Rangers.

Not that Naismith is anywhere near the player Kirky was, but the point is that signing a PCA with another team shouldn't automatically get you dropped.

Beat me to it.

Play the best players we have at our disposal, simple as that.

I don't reckon Jason would down tools. He strikes me as a player with integrity, and won't easily forget that the club done well by him during his lay off with injury (on that point, though, I can't see him throwing himself into too many 50/50s).

Edited by Drew

39 minutes ago, TopCat said:

His displays after he'd signed were arguably his best for us and probably the most consistently good performances that I've seen from a Saints player. At the other extreme you have Alan Gow, who signed a PCA with Rangers at the same time then downed tools and has barely picked them back up in in the decade that followed.

Naismith strikes me as more likely to fall into the Broadfoot category, not least because he's from a family of Saints fans.

As for compensation, I think the cut off is 23 or 24. Naismith turns 23 in June so if County have any sense they'll get the paperwork in order so he doesn't officially join until after that and they avoid the problem. They must be doing something like that as, if not, we'd probably be due a few hundred grand based on how long he's been with us and I can't see them paying that!

Edited by Stu

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Development Fees are only due for players registered with a Club and under 23. Jason is 23 in June so no fee for us.

Development fee is due if Jason has been offered a new contract within a certain time scale.I would be extremely upset if this has not been done.

There is absolutely no way Jason will down tools.He wants to stay and help keep us up.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Beat me to it.

Play the best players we have at our disposal, simple as that.

I don't reckon Jason would down tools. He strikes me as a player with integrity, and won't easily forget that the club done well by him during his lay off with injury (on that point, though, I can't see him throwing himself into too many 50/50s).

When Broadfoot signed a PCA with Rangers, it was old Rangers, big money Rangers, playing in UEFA cup finals Rangers. Despite our dislike of that club, I reckon the vast majority of us recognised that it was a big move for the player and a step up. Broadfoot, clearly wanted to fulfil two objectives - to show his new employers that he was 'Rangers class' and also to do the best he could for his team mates and his current employer.

This shows how far we have fallen as a club. Ross County - FFS, and I make no apologies for saying it. Feel like saying it again. Ross fcuking County. For. Fcuk. Sake.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:07 PM, Drew said:

Ross County....
FFS

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

When Broadfoot signed a PCA with Rangers, it was old Rangers, big money Rangers, playing in UEFA cup finals Rangers. Despite our dislike of that club, I reckon the vast majority of us recognised that it was a big move for the player and a step up. Broadfoot, clearly wanted to fulfil two objectives - to show his new employers that he was 'Rangers class' and also to do the best he could for his team mates and his current employer.

This shows how far we have fallen as a club. Ross County - FFS, and I make no apologies for saying it. Feel like saying it again. Ross fcuking County. For. Fcuk. Sake.

As you can see from the above, I concur.