Jason Naismith

Stockholmbud

49 minutes ago, melmac said:

I suspect Ross C would just rip up the pre contract agreement as it's just an agreement to agree really.

If they agree to sign him on a bosman, the paperwork between the player and new club is already signed and agreed.  You can't rip up the contract, but the new club need to wait until the current contract has ended before the player joins them.  The exception is where we agree a fee from County for the player to be released early.

5 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

If they agree to sign him on a bosman, the paperwork between the player and new club is already signed and agreed.  You can't rip up the contract, but the new club need to wait until the current contract has ended before the player joins them.  The exception is where we agree a fee from County for the player to be released early.

I remember there was a whole legal wrangle over Richie Brittain wanting to cancel his agreed transfer to St Johnstone for personal reasons. I think you're right, it is a legal agreement and not as simple as ripping it up.

I think you can only sign a Pre-Contract Agreement while you are still contracted to a club and that will come with get out clauses like injury, criminal convictions, etc.  He can't sign a playing contract until June but neither party can void the PCA on a whim (as Brittain wanted to do).

Just now, whydowebother said:

What kind of nominal fee would you think ? £10k ?

I believe he'd be here till the summer.

Who knows ? The fact is, he won't be here next season and ( depending who you believe ) there may not be a development fee. If RC were to wave a decent cheque in our face , I don't think we'd argue too much . We need a LB , Alloa want a few quid for the boy and we need the cash from Jase if we want to have him at Saints. 

As for how much ? God knows !!  

18 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Ross County right back Cikos has left by mutual consent. Does this mean:

Naismith joining imminently?

Cikos coming to Saints on a short term deal?

Probably no to the second one, but thought there was a vague possibility, so I posted anyway.

I thought he left last week, no?

16105663_572928889567149_3553183521258754113_n.jpg

Edit to Add:

From Press & Journal ....

Ross County have agreed a free for the immediate transfer of St Mirren right-back Jason Naismith, according to reports.

The youngster came through the youth ranks in Paisley before becoming a key player for the Buddies over the last few seasons.

Reports of a pre-contract agreement between Naismith and County first surfaced earlier this month, with the Scotland under-21 cap initially agreeing to move north in the Summer.

However, with the departure of Slovakian defender Erik Cikos, the Dingwall club are now in a position to bring Naismith in sooner.

The figure agreed between the clubs has not yet been announced but the deal is expected to be finalised later day.

Edited by Sonny