Ben Gordon Injured

div

Big Ben is out for "several months" according to Jack Ross as a result of the injury he sustained last weekend that forced him off against Raith.

Wasn't his biggest fan until recently but he's struck up something resembling a partnershiup with MacKenzie and actually carries something of a goal scoring threat at set pieces.

Whilst Baird is an able deputy alongside MacKenzie (when he isn't punching people) I think this is going to mandate the need to bring in another CH in January, along with a left back.

Haste ye back Ben!

4 minutes ago, div said:

Big Ben is out for "several months" according to Jack Ross as a result of the injury he sustained last weekend that forced him off against Raith.

Wasn't his biggest fan until recently but he's struck up something resembling a partnershiup with MacKenzie and actually carries something of a goal scoring threat at set pieces.

Whilst Baird is an able deputy alongside MacKenzie (when he isn't punching people) I think this is going to mandate the need to bring in another CH in January, along with a left back.

Haste ye back Ben!

In a shock move, I'd stick with Webster beside Mackenzie tomorrow. Both had good games against Raith.

Surprised I'd be so gutted at this, he's grown into a game a bit in the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

This is the 5th Ben Gordon thread that's running. :blink:

Wait till antrin finds out he'll be fizzing, although because div started it he'll probably give it a "lick"...................oh sorry, "like". :lol:

Is it? I can't see any others? Where are the other 4? :huh:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

1 of them is about him signing for us.

1 of them is about him going on loan to Alloa.

1 of them is about a completely different player who played for Ross County.

None of them are about him being injured which is surely highly relevant to the game tomorrow and the current situation.

Or we could instead talk about seat plaques and SMiSA?

Just now, div said:

1 of them is about him signing for us.

1 of them is about him going on loan to Alloa.

1 of them is about a completely different player who played for Ross County.

None of them are about him being injured which is surely highly relevant to the game tomorrow and the current situation.

Or we could instead talk about seat plaques and SMiSA?

Oh sorry, now I know every player needs a new thread to suit the current situation. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Oh sorry, now I know every player needs a new thread to suit the current situation. :lol:

Using your logic we'd just have one topic since everything is about St.Mirren.

Strange logic but fire on buddie.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Is Baird back available? Is it not a three game suspension for violent conduct?

Negativity alert !!!

Only three games suspended ? That's disappointing, IMO Jack Baird is a liability that has cost us dearly already this season. He is a loose cannon who, in our present predicament, we cannot afford to risk in the first team any more.

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Negativity alert !!!

Only three games suspended ? That's disappointing, IMO Jack Baird is a liability that has cost us dearly already this season. He is a loose cannon who, in our present predicament, we cannot afford to risk in the first team any more.

Surely you are not suggesting that we... well we... fire this loose cannon?

surely Webster has a half good season left in him.. be able to marshal and organise the defence, talk the young players through games...coax and coach..., cajule and and advise....get us up to 3rd bottom then retire, or move on, with grace with the thanks of St Mirren and St Mirren fans. I think he can do that, starting with a good performance tomorrow which should be the foundations of a solid 2-0 or 3-1 win.

I should have put at the start that whoever plays in the centre back position, IMHO, Webster should be one of them.

Edited by farmer john
off subject!

9 minutes ago, farmer john said:

surely Webster has a half good season left in him.. be able to marshal and organise the defence, talk the young players through games...coax and coach..., cajule and and advise....get us up to 3rd bottom then retire, or move on, with grace with the thanks of St Mirren and St Mirren fans. I think he can do that, starting with a good performance tomorrow which should be the foundations of a solid 2-0 or 3-1 win.

Unfortunately he's shown little interest in doing that up till now, although he played ok last week. I would probably stick with him for tomorrow in the hope he can play and lead in the way he is capable of. Come on Andy, don't go down in history as the worst ever captain we've had!

Edited by Hendo