There's A Store Where The Creatures Meet

Sonny

OK, we have been in our new stadium for nearly 8 years now but 'St Mirren Park' or 'Greenhill Rd' (or Paisley 2021 or whatever it is called) does not do it for me.

I was brought up with 'Love St' and its Doors connotation and loved the fanzine TASWTCM. There was a magic and heritage in our Home name. It instilled passion and belonging and envy by others - what a wonderful name - Love St. It was unique and it was ours. The new name(s) are insipid and uninspiring. I would love the new BOD to rename the Stadium 'Love St' and maybe reintroduce some of that passion and heritage. - anyone with me?

Edited by Sonny

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

OK, we have been in our new stadium for nearly 8 years now but 'St Mirren Park' or 'Greenhill Rd' does not do it for me.

I was brought up with 'Love St' and its Doors connotation and loved the fanzine TASWTCM. There was a magic and heritage in our Home name. It instilled passion and belonging and envy by others - what a wonderful name - Love St. It was unique and it was ours. The new name(s) are insipid and uninspiring. I would love the new BOD to rename the Stadium 'Love St' and maybe reintroduce some of that passion and heritage. - anyone with me?

I wanted the present Stadium to be named Westmarch.

But, I would be delighted for it to be called Love Street.

Maybe it can be done after the present sponsorship deal is finished.  

43 minutes ago, melmac said:

Alas, our last home was St Mirren Park as well, its just that it was situated on Love Street.

Aye, but NO-ONE every referred to it as St Mirren Park. The Club itself never referred to the Stadium as St Mirren Park, nor the media nor the fans. Changing the Stadium name to Love St or Love St Stadium would be a good PR coup in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Aye, but NO-ONE every referred to it as St Mirren Park. The Club itself never referred to the Stadium as St Mirren Park, nor the media nor the fans. Changing the Stadium name to Love St or Love St Stadium would be a good PR coup in my opinion.

Look back through old programmes ground always referred to as St Mirren Park, yes I liked the fact that we knew the Old Ground as Love St I also liked Peter Kane playing with big boots, games being played almost exclusively on a Saturday at 3.00 and only two divisions dominated by the Bigot brothers but not to the extent they do today  but we've moved on now, so instead of worrying about the grounds name or how bad the strip is or coloured boots lets concentrate on getting the product on the pitch right, If the new Stadium isn't working for you how will a change of name help?

25 minutes ago, zebrakid said:

Look back through old programmes ground always referred to as St Mirren Park, yes I liked the fact that we knew the Old Ground as Love St I also liked Peter Kane playing with big boots, games being played almost exclusively on a Saturday at 3.00 and only two divisions dominated by the Bigot brothers but not to the extent they do today  but we've moved on now, so instead of worrying about the grounds name or how bad the strip is or coloured boots lets concentrate on getting the product on the pitch right, If the new Stadium isn't working for you how will a change of name help?

I am not worried ZK as there are far more important things to worry about.

On 'Off the Ball' on Saturday Tam and Stuart kept referring to the new stadium as 'Love St' - its a name synonymous with St Mirren however most media outlets give us a multitude of names - St Mirren Park, New St Mirren Park, New St Mirren Stadium, Greenhill Rd, Paisley 2021 Stadium etc. I have already submitted an idea to the new BOD on one wee suggestion to make the stadium less Lego and more St Mirren. A name change is only one wee additional thing that could bring a feel good factor at little cost (after the current sponsorship ends). I would not like 'Love St' to be lost to future generations. And its bloody obvious that current results are more important :)

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Could we not name the bit of road  where you enter the stadium car park which runs along the west stand " Love Street 2 " , put a sign on the stand , and just refer to, it as Love Street .

And open  a Wee Barrel2 and Cosmos2 at the side of it. :P

Another thing I was thinking about was the exterior of the stadium. So grey and lifeless. Thought that maybe painting the outside in black and white stripes could give it more identity from the outside, which could be replicated on the inside too?

I really want the place to feel like home.

27 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Another thing I was thinking about was the exterior of the stadium. So grey and lifeless. Thought that maybe painting the outside in black and white stripes could give it more identity from the outside, which could be replicated on the inside too?

I really want the place to feel like home.

Though I would also prefer THAT as a look...

...such paint would need to be renewed every so often.  That requires finance and/or labour - stuff that would be more usefully deployed elsewhere.  If only there were posters on here with a design background who could perhaps suggest and design a way to make it all a more attractive and pleasing venue.

I'm thinking in terms of Boards with, say, player legends named...

(Though there is a new paint now used on the Forth Rail Bridge that allegedly lasts a long time...   probably too dear, mind...)

2 hours ago, antrin said:
Though I would also prefer THAT as a look...
...such paint would need to be renewed every so often.  That requires finance and/or labour - stuff that would be more usefully deployed elsewhere.  If only there were posters on here with a design background who could perhaps suggest and design a way to make it all a more attractive and pleasing venue.
I'm thinking in terms of Boards with, say, player legends named...

(Though there is a new paint now used on the Forth Rail Bridge that allegedly lasts a long time...   probably too dear, mind...)

How often did we paint the roof of the old North Bank? As a fan owned club in the making, maybe fans could assist with the labour? Any painters in our midst?

Just a thought, but one that would make a striking difference to the impression from the outside, which could possibly transmit to the inside.

Edited by Soctty