St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 7/1/17

shull

14 minutes ago, JJP said:

My 1st game of the season. Going to hospitality for this, never been before so looking forward to it. We need a win, we're running out of games to go on a run pick up some badly needed points.

I've said earlier I think we can win this.

If we do the club should adopt you as a lucky mascot and make sure you're at hospitality for every game. :lol:

#survival.

I'm now ready to revise how many points we will need to stay up by reaching 8th place from 36 points to 40 points. Despite getting our first few wins, and our first clean sheet in December, and despite only being beaten by Dundee United away our league position has worsened after a reasonable month of performances and results. The teams around have matched our bettered our own results in December. We are now 7 points behind Ayr United, and 9 points behind 3 teams (Dumbarton, Queen of the South and Dunfermline).

Those arguing on current form we are a midtable team (if the league began in December!) and should be safe if we continue in a similar vein don't seem to have twigged that Dunfermline and Dumbarton have even better current form and the only team we are slowly catching are Ayr United at a rate of 1 point gained over 6 league games.

We must get 3 points and hope some of our other rivals drop points... and hope for a similar scenario a few times in January.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm now ready to revise how many points we will need to stay up by reaching 8th place from 36 points to 40 points. Despite getting our first few wins, and our first clean sheet in December, and despite only being beaten by Dundee United away our league position has worsened after a reasonable month of performances and results. The teams around have matched our bettered our own results in December. We are now 7 points behind Ayr United, and 9 points behind 3 teams (Dumbarton, Queen of the South and Dunfermline).

Those arguing on current form we are a midtable team (if the league began in December!) and should be safe if we continue in a similar vein don't seem to have twigged that Dunfermline and Dumbarton have even better current form and the only team we are slowly catching are Ayr United at a rate of 1 point gained over 6 league games.

We must get 3 points and hope some of our other rivals drop points... and hope for a similar scenario a few times in January.

At last a realistic appraisal of our position and the size of the task at hand. Putting it even more simply we need to be 3-4 times better at picking up points just to catch the next team, to get to eigth we currently need to be 4-5 times better than we have been.

like all assessments of future performance levels these targets can go up! As well as down.

6 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The stats would suggest we are a mid table team...... on current form !  Unfortunately , the teams we need to be losing (on current form) aren`t and the clubs whose form has dipped have already amassed more points than us and have a cushion .

It is a mammoth task. We need to continue to make progress (which we are. The facts back that up) but unfortunately we need to hope one or more of the teams closest to us suffer a mini meltdown.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland2

Remember the days under Danny and Gus, when we just had to win a game- we did

Falkrk 2-0, Well 3-2, spring to mind

This game will tell us a lot, we have the potential to stay up but do we have the bottle..................

We have shown bottle away at Queens, we did show some against Ayr, and TBF second half  United, first half Ton......................

This is must win, score early then score again please 2-0 Saints

I'm now ready to revise how many points we will need to stay up by reaching 8th place from 36 points to 40 points.

It's starting to look more and more like 8th is out of reach. It's hard to see two of the teams above us collapsing between now and May. Our realistic route to the greatest escape is going to be 9th and a playoff victory.

It's starting to look more and more like 8th is out of reach. It's hard to see two of the teams above us collapsing between now and May. Our realistic route to the greatest escape is going to be 9th and a playoff victory.

Oddly enough , 'if' we got a play off final place , we'd take ( IMO ) a huge support , it'd be an experience like never before.

Was speaking to a pal up in Oil City earlier and he was saying the Dons fans in his workplace are a bit pissed off that Aberdeen are heading off for a "warm weather winter training camp in Dubai to recharge their batteries”.  Basically they claim it has all the hallmarks of a kick-aboot in the sun and a few beers in the evening with a bit of punt on the camel racing thrown in for good measure.  So it could be a free holiday at that.

It is a must must win game. Do I believe that this team will deliver?  No. They have no idea of how to see out games and the naive play v Ayr, Dundee United and Morton confirmed this. Jack has done well to male us easier to watch but the team is spineless and I see a 1-1 draw here. I hope I'm wrong but this team has let us down that often I find it easier to be realistic.  

9 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Was speaking to a pal up in Oil City earlier and he was saying the Dons fans in his workplace are a bit pissed off that Aberdeen are heading off for a "warm weather winter training camp in Dubai to recharge their batteries”.  Basically they claim it has all the hallmarks of a kick-aboot in the sun and a few beers in the evening with a bit of punt on the camel racing thrown in for good measure.  So it could be a free holiday at that.

Don't think it's anything to do with Aberdeen's Dubai jaunt, as they're out there until January 15th at least.

Probably more to do with a personal holiday that he arranged during his time off.

I also noticed that Dobbie might well be injured for Saturday.

Edited by FTOF

They've signed John Rankin today which is a great signing for this division.

What is our line up likely to be?

Gallacher

Naismith McKenzie Webster Irvine

McAllister Quinn(if fit) Magennis Morgan

Sutton

They've signed John Rankin today which is a great signing for this division.
What is our line up likely to be?

Gallacher

Naismith McKenzie Webster Irvine
McAllister Quinn(if fit) Magennis Morgan
       Sutton

I think we will probably field all 11 players tbh, we've had a dreadful start, we need all the help we can get.

8 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Can't believe Rankin has been snapped up by Queens. He would have been an excellent signing for us, in fact I seem to remember he was on the brink of signing for us but Shuggie was too good to be replaced. 

Didnt HE knock US back a couple of times previously ?

If so......... f**k EM !!:angry: