St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 7/1/17

shull

Looks like they have only won once in their last 7 visits to St Mirren Park which was their last visit.

Hopefully normal service resumes today and we get a win and keep a clean sheet then go into Dunfermline game with belief and a realistic chance of winning.

Taking my 4 year old son along to only his 3rd game today so hopefully he can see his first win today. :-)

27 minutes ago, Sonny said:

When I was in Morocco we won two league games and one cup game. If you all want to chip in I can go back there until we are safe :)

So the mess we're in is all down to you? Contact Gordon Scott this could save us a fortune bringing in players. I'm sure he'll give you a one way ticket. :P

3 minutes ago, Kendo said:

So the mess we're in is all down to you? Contact Gordon Scott this could save us a fortune bringing in players. I'm sure he'll give you a one way ticket. :P

The £8k SMiSA money would probably cover it - better value than signing another player. We could put it to a vote :)

(PS - I have only missed two Home games this season and that was when I was away so I have not seen us win in the League yet!)

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The £8k SMiSA money would probably cover it - better value than signing another player. We could put it to a vote :)

(PS - I have only missed two Home games this season and that was when I was away so I have not seen us win in the League yet!)

Cheap solution. Don't turn up today. We win and it cost nadda.

Anything less than a win will all but finish us really. We need a miracle even if we do win, if we don't win the fat lady will be warming up her vocals.

We should win really. This is as easy a game as we could ask for. QOTS are a poor side in hopeless form, and we are at home. There can be no excuses, no hard luck stories.

We simply must get 3 points by hook or by crook.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

When I was in Morocco we won two league games and one cup game. If you all want to chip in I can go back there until we are safe :)

Best use of SMiSA funds I can think of. Community? Checks the boxes - gives a member of the community a break in Morocco when it's feckin' freezin' outside here. St Mirren? Checks that box - guaranteed six points and through to the next round of the cup. SMiSA members should give this idea careful consideration. Members would need to be given alternatives to vote on though... Morocco, Florida or Tenerife. Job done. 

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Anything less than a win will all but finish us really. We need a miracle even if we do win, if we don't win the fat lady will be warming up her vocals.

We should win really. This is as easy a game as we could ask for. QOTS are a poor side in hopeless form, and we are at home. There can be no excuses, no hard luck stories.

We simply must get 3 points by hook or by crook.

yes, we absolutely have to win today and other results go our way. It has to start today or it's not going to.

Arithmetically, and all that, it's not a 'must win' game as no matter today's results nothing will be decided. Of course, when we say 'must win' in most people's world, bar Oaksoft's that is, we mean that we have looked at the whole picture and any St Mirren recovery really needs to start right here, right now, with a team on a poor run coming to our midden, and a team we have beaten recently too. 'Must win'... in my book, yes it is. If we cannot start a possible great escape today, I don't see a team that couldn't do it today do it at all. Yeah, boo boy, grinding negativity, but that's my opinion. Must win, 1-0 Saints. 90+3 mins, just like last week.

Fear a defeat here, I don't feel our midfielders support Sutton enough for us to keep playing with the same team and formation, Sutton just becomes isolated.

All their new signings start today with Rankin captain, Dobbie also starts, let's hope they dont hit the ground running.

Just now, TopCat said:

Because our captain today is a useless wet blanket who has no interest in the football club.

Maybe Rankine would be the same, maybe he would be better. He wouldn't be any worse.

So you'd give the armband to a player who has never kicked a ball for the club?