St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 7/1/17

shull

What do people expect, the last board and current board haven't been willing to invest in the first team playing squad. From lack of a coherent transfer strategy to questionable coaching choices.

Imagine we had speculated on Goncalves when his price had been named, instead of attempting to rely on a youth set up that has continued to produce any players that can play at the top level in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

The difference is the queens board and management knew what was needed and got there January business done early, Rankin and Thomson making a huge difference to them today.

we signed Craig Storie who isn't available until next week and we have another 3 signings coming in soon seemingly, yippee.

Looks like this may be too late and the rot has already set in.

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

The difference is the queens board and management knew what was needed and got there January business done early, Rankin and Thomson making a huge difference to them today.

we signed Craig Storie who isn't available until next week and we have another 3 signings coming in soon seemingly, yippee.

But I was told by Kendo that theres no hurray to sign anyone there certainly isn't any now we are 100% relegated and if anyone still thinks we have a chance of escaping are off there f**king nuts. 

Shocking second half performance. Refereeing was poor but no excuses. Queens are rank but their new signings lifted them and bottom line is we are clearly the worst team in this league by a distance and as things stand deserve nothing more than relegation. Ross will have to work a miracle if we are to gain the play off ninth. I cannot see it on this display.

No attempt at a positive spin from me. I wasn't there (thank f**k), but it now seems that there is no way back.

Top of the world less than 4 years ago, and now? Quite how this has been allowed to happen is absolutely beyond me.

57 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

What do people expect, the last board and current board haven't been willing to invest in the first team playing squad. From lack of a coherent transfer strategy to questionable coaching choices.

Imagine we had speculated on Goncalves when his price had been named, instead of attempting to rely on a youth set up that has continued to produce any players that can play at the top level in Scotland.

Isma has achieved nothing much since leaving us 3 and a half years ago. 

Not to worry though, if we win our next 3 matches and Ayr lose theirs we could be off the bottom by 4th February!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Not to worry though, if we win our next 3 matches and Ayrs lose theirs we could be off the bottom by 4th February!

He done more by playing in the Champions League qualifiers than anyone from our youth academy will manage.

Half a good season, would have seen a player like Goncalves see us a profit. Something our youth academy is unlikely to see.

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not to worry though, if we win our next 3 matches and Ayrs lose theirs we could be off the bottom by 4th February!

aye and if your aunty had bollocks she would be your uncle-_-

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not buzzing for the appointment of Ross anymore, then?

You just dont give it a rest. We have who we have that is the bottom line. Our club has been in free fall for 4 years thats the fact of the matter. God help us if we are relegated . Me ?  hopfully a play off place which i have predicted for a while now. 

Ross climbed into the main stand to have an argument with a fan after the game. Lasted a good two minutes. Perhaps if his team showed half that sort of passion we'd have done something.

Today was the worst display I've seen since he came in and the tactics and substitutions were baffling. Been willing to back him and give him the benefit of the doubt before today but even at 1-0 we looked clueless.

Still, we have the transfer window to come and we've been very active so far, especially compared to our rivals, so I'm sure we'll be fine if we give him time.

6 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Big fall out coming following this. Did I just hear Chic say something about Ross arguing with some punters

yes you are right

from bbc

http://bbc.in/2iTNHa2 

Jack feeling the heat

FT: St Mirren 0-3 Queen of the South

Posted at17:03

Saints manager Jack Ross exchanged words with a few angry fans at full-time. The Paisley side are anchored at the foot of the table but, with Ayr also losing, at least their plight is no worse than it was before kick-off. They remain seven points adrift of ninth spot.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Ross climbed into the main stand to have an argument with a fan after the game. Lasted a good two minutes. Perhaps if his team showed half that sort of passion we'd have done something.

Today was the worst display I've seen since he came in and the tactics and substitutions were baffling. Been willing to back him and give him the benefit of the doubt before today but even at 1-0 we looked clueless.

Still, we have the transfer window to come and we've been very active so far, especially compared to our rivals, so I'm sure we'll be fine if we give him time.

Transfer window has been open a week and we have signed a wee boy from Aberdoom...

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You just dont give it a rest. We have who we have that is the bottom line. Our club has been in free fall for 4 years thats the fact of the matter. God help us if we are relegated . Me ?  hopfully a play off place which i have predicted for a while now. 

Indeed.

Ross wasn't my pick for new manager (I wanted Hughes in but he knocked it back). That said, like most, I have backed JR in what has been an invidious mission to turn a wretched season round with what has amounted to a largely hopeless squad of players - albeit, he has clearly made plenty of mistakes.

Others, it seems, are relishing the fact that it hasn't worked out as we'd hoped.  A smug satisfaction is apparent that suggests that their own conceit rates higher than their concern for the club. That says a lot more about them than it does about Jack Ross, JJ, or anyone else, I'm afraid. Its pathetic, really.

Edited by Drew

7 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

Transfer window has been open a week and we have signed a wee boy from Aberdoom...

Who, for reasons that remain a mystery (publicly at least), wasn't bloody available today! Meanwhile Queens manage to get three new players in for today, all three of whom were involved in their first two goals.

Edited by Stu