St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 7/1/17

shull

7 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I noticed the goalkeeper left his gloves on the park, and then launched something else into the empty dugout on his way off.

At least it shows he's giving a f*ck.

Yep when the first went in kicked the post and shouted f**king c**t while facing the family stand.

I thought the first ten minutes today was scrappy from both teams, then I thought the first half settled down and turned into a half-decent game. Both teams made chances - I thought we were decent going forward and it would have been an even contest had it went in at 0-0. Queens' No23 with no name on his shirt was a kid I think, looked about seventeen years old anyway, and was excellent bombing down our left, but equally, we were also finding space down both flanks. I was starting to enjoy the contest... then a mistake, a classy pass from Rankin, and a composed finish from Dobbie. Rankin, Dobbie, and the No23 were the quality we lacked - they also had a portly looking and aeging Hammill at right back - but boy he put a shift in and his performance pissed all over the other aeging ex-Jambo defender on show.

Second half was frankly embarrassing. Shot that hit the bar aside. Not fit to wear the shirt.

Apparently we were in for him as well but QotS offered a better deal.

Bet we weren't. The reason he went to QOTS is they've went to him first. Cause they're a better organised and better run football club than us. The question is, why?

For me, four people are to blame for this shambles:

Rae, Scott, Fitzpatrick, Ross.

One out of four's away. How much more of this shambles must the support suffer?

Bet we weren't. The reason he went to QOTS is they've went to him first. Cause they're a better organised and better run football club than us. The question is, why?

I think the old board shouldn't get away Scott free to be fair. Had they replaced Danny Lennon properly and not taken the lazy option who knows where we would be

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The fact that the name Gilmour is not on this list, or any other similar list, is perhaps the most baffling thing / oversight / omission I think I've read on here in all my years as a forum member.

Edit - posted without seeing foxbar bud's post too.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I think the old board shouldn't get away Scott free to be fair. Had they replaced Danny Lennon properly and not taken the lazy option who knows where we would be

They then bagged Craig (eventually), gave the job of picking up the pieces he left in his wake to a player with no experience in management, only to whip his feet from under him by punting his best player at the close of the January transfer window (when, conveniently, it was too late for any of the proceeds of the sale to be used to bring in any players who might have helped keep us up).  Gilmour and his chums relegated us, simple as that.

Edited by Drew

They got a bit lucky with Rankin as Naysmith was speaking to Houston about other players and he then said he might be available. Sort of thing that happens in the transfer window though.

No doubt if we had made an offer for him our chief exec would have told him how much of an honour it was to play for this club and that Rankin should be paying for the privilege. Can't wait for that title party in 2019.

14 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

The old board are 100% to blame for this current mess, I agree it was time for a change when they replaced Lennon but replacing him with Tommy Craig was the start of this train crash and then things just went from bad to worse.

Having Fitzpatrick as the CEO is an absolute shambles as well, he's a nice guy and all the rest of it but he's absolutely clueless, If I was Gordon Scott I would be on the fone begging Caldwell to come back, we miss him massively and he was responsible for a lot of players picking us over other clubs.

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

The old board are 100% to blame for this current mess, I agree it was time for a change when they replaced Lennon but replacing him with Tommy Craig was the start of this train crash and then things just went from bad to worse.

Having Fitzpatrick as the CEO is an absolute shambles as well, he's a nice guy and all the rest of it but he's absolutely clueless, If I was Gordon Scott I would be on the fone begging Caldwell to come back, we miss him massively and he was responsible for a lot of players picking us over other clubs.

Great post.

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

They got a bit lucky with Rankin as Naysmith was speaking to Houston about other players and he then said he might be available. Sort of thing that happens in the transfer window though.

No doubt if we had made an offer for him our chief exec would have told him how much of an honour it was to play for this club and that Rankin should be paying for the privilege. Can't wait for that title party in 2019.

I'm told Rankin took a pay cut and signed for Queens because he is very good friends with Naismith outside of football, no idea how true that is though.

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I noticed the goalkeeper left his gloves on the park, and then launched something else into the empty dugout on his way off.

aye, his contact lenses.....................................

I must admit I'd never in my wildest have considered CEO and Fitzpatrick in the same sentence. A truly baffling decision especially if CEO is assumed to be an abbreviation of Chief Executive Officer.

Well, read the threads this summer.

' Fresh start, great feeling about the place, fresh ideas, club can now move forward '. Etc etc. There was no ' ah but the old board might hold us back ' spiel then, it was a hive of positivity.

Rightly so. Everything was in place for the club to move forward. Debt free, own training ground, own stadium, own academy regularly producing first team ready players, a team who had just had good end to the season. In our last two home games we had comfortably beaten Morton and deservedly drew with the champions, The Rangers. The team was in good enough shape, what more could a new regime possibly ask for?

The one thing the previous board can be blamed for is the appointment of Rae. But then you realise, Rae was brought in to keep us up, and he did that with ease. It's not the old boards fault Rae f**ked it in the summer by resigning duds like Clarkson and Shankland.

There's very much an 'Animal Farm' feel about the place now. The new regime is in place and has been in place for a while, but everything that goes wrong is still the old regimes fault.

6 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I'm told Rankin took a pay cut and signed for Queens because he is very good friends with Naismith outside of football, no idea how true that is though.

Which is quite often the catalyst for signings. e.g. Gary Teale.

I know we're hardly an attractive proposition for potential signings, given our current state, but I'm disappointed we didn't have a couple more signings done and dusted before today's game, given that we've known for ages where our problems lie.

Having said that, I know the signing of a player can depend on the finest of margins, which, by all accounts, has seen a couple of potential signings fall through, but we're in a desperate position and I expected more.

hope

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

hteam full o spineless wee boys that couldn't take skin off custard,and rest old wage thieves running clock down,and another rookie manager,except from that,everything great,officially worst st.mirren team ever,hope the spineless,gutless,imposters are happy tonight as everyone of them an embarrassment to wear the jersey

2 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

hope

hteam full o spineless wee boys that couldn't take skin off custard,and rest old wage thieves running clock down,and another rookie manager,except from that,everything great,officially worst st.mirren team ever,hope the spineless,gutless,imposters are happy tonight as everyone of them an embarrassment to wear the jersey

hopefully his resignation,and for guys bombarding a old guy for speaking the truth,what's wrong Wi that,wish we could let 11 fans into dressing room and tell them what it means to b playing for jersey,and a can tell u another think if that was my dad who longer here getting picked up there would b a few split lips,this old man probably been following us for over 50 years and now watches this pathetic dross,give him a break

Well, read the threads this summer.
' Fresh start, great feeling about the place, fresh ideas, club can now move forward '. Etc etc. There was no ' ah but the old board might hold us back ' spiel then, it was a hive of positivity.
Rightly so. Everything was in place for the club to move forward. Debt free, own training ground, own stadium, own academy regularly producing first team ready players, a team who had just had good end to the season. In our last two home games we had comfortably beaten Morton and deservedly drew with the champions, The Rangers. The team was in good enough shape, what more could a new regime possibly ask for?
The one thing the previous board can be blamed for is the appointment of Rae. But then you realise, Rae was brought in to keep us up, and he did that with ease. It's not the old boards fault Rae f**ked it in the summer by resigning duds like Clarkson and Shankland.
There's very much an 'Animal Farm' feel about the place now. The new regime is in place and has been in place for a while, but everything that goes wrong is still the old regimes fault.

Some fair points.

Whilst I didn't mean the old board are mainly to blame I do feel some lies with them.

The uncomfortable truth is that Tony Fitz should not be Chief Exec (not sure what his exact job title is...), it wouldn't happen in any other industry bar football where the old pals act counts for more than experience and knowledge. I feel harsh saying this as they guy is a legend as a player and has helped us out in more than one occasion but if Gordon is as ruthless as he has been painted then this needs to be reviewed, as the old board made this appointment as an attempt to appease fans