St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 7/1/17

shull

I think league One beckons unless something dramatic happens at the club but the players appear to have chucked it based on our 2nd half performance yesterday and the 2nd half performance against Morton. They were all over the place.

Indeed. It only takes one mistake for all the issues to appear such as blame from experienced players, lazy football and younger players looking like the only ones trying. You can almost feel the mood switch as each player reverts to his "here we go again" mentality. Jack talks about things he doesn't see in training, but he won't see certain things until a competitive match. He can't even sit players out as we've such a thin squad with regards quality.

I have missed two games this season, both against QOTS, the away win 3..2 and yesterday's loss. The stats for yesterday's game showed that Saints had most of the possession,  had more corners and a lot more shots at goal, I'd not on target. Still...we lost. Other results went our way however with both Dumbarton (thanks Morton ) and Ayr Losing. They look like our direct competition at present. One will go down and the other into the playoff. 

good luck guys your are in bad way , you don't want to accept the fact it may happen, you feel you are going to catch the one above you, the next thing you know time runs out reality hits home and seaside league it is, it wont be end off the world a chance to regroup. Steady a ship build again become a winning team.

been right where you lot are now team full o journey men just picking up a pay check playing out time, no passion for the club they are with no fight in them .

look at us now one o the faves to go down at start o season team full o youth team avg age 22 bur what we have is a team of fighters playing every game like its a cup final a willingness to put there head in when others shirk we have an injury crises at the moment no strikers to pick from but still getting the goals from all over the park.

looking at the video f jack ross I see a man that seems to be all about making sure he lets the fans knows he cares, its a lot of references about himself , he should care st murn pay his wadge get that message to the players to them if he cant then he has lost the dressing room already , and if I was a player watching it id be thinking , he is all about himself , drop experience play the youth go down f**k it keep the team together let them grow a passion to win together and in time you will come good .

good luck and drain the swamp

last comment jack kept referring to players mindset and if it not right they wont be picked , its his job to get the mindset right is it not if he realy is a good manager who does have a passion to get out the mess you are in , then surely that passion must be transferred to the played by now with a few Mel Gibson type speeches , if not then get rid o them out the door dont even bench them dropp them I would and id play boys that care , may not be good enough now but will in time , and if supporters question my decisions it tell them the truth , and if you go down you go down but you can build a team of winners who care

6 hours ago, sidton said:

last comment jack kept referring to players mindset and if it not right they wont be picked , its his job to get the mindset right is it not if he realy is a good manager who does have a passion to get out the mess you are in , then surely that passion must be transferred to the played by now with a few Mel Gibson type speeches , if not then get rid o them out the door dont even bench them dropp them I would and id play boys that care , may not be good enough now but will in time , and if supporters question my decisions it tell them the truth , and if you go down you go down but you can build a team of winners who care

fancy a job mate in a couple of weeks,take your pick,manager,assistant,or ceo,fitzy a great player but a shit manager,and whoever told him he was a great appointment after Caldwell,well quite frankly should be ran out of town,up there with the other hideous decisions ie Craig,Murray,teale,Fitzpatrick,list is endless and club is a complete and utter f*k up,top to bottom

Thankfully I didn't attend the QOS match after all and whilst I expected a loss, not one by as much as 0-3. Although its not definitely confirmed, the writing is on the wall now for relegation to the third division. As I had suspected a few months ago, it appears the plan is to descend to the depths and return at the first attempt (possibly as it was at the start of last season as well). If it wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious reading, particularly when schemed by the nitwits who run, appoint and manage Saints.

Just on another note, regarding the ability to sign players. Ive noticed that particularly in the last few years whether in January or the close season, Saints appear to be very slow in getting off the mark and consequently have to madly rush around at the last minute signing anyone who is left, invariably the dross. From what I can gather, QOS had recruited 3 new faces even by Saturday to end their own miserable run and show us whats what.

Oh, finally, would I be right in thinking that the reason Saints ended the reduced entry fee for Saturdays game the day before was on the advice of the HSE and Police in case thousands of fans caused chaos and possible stampedes on match day trying to gain access ?  No, I suppose not.

13 hours ago, paul torfason said:

fancy a job mate in a couple of weeks,take your pick,manager,assistant,or ceo,fitzy a great player but a shit manager,and whoever told him he was a great appointment after Caldwell,well quite frankly should be ran out of town,up there with the other hideous decisions ie Craig,Murray,teale,Fitzpatrick,list is endless and club is a complete and utter f*k up,top to bottom

lol JR is happy to talk to the fans is ll good in theory , it is contrived to show fans he gives a fk, but its the players he needs to get that same passion installed into them its his job to manage them, demand they run those extra yards, get them to demand the ball and encourage each other, if they make an error dont hide in fear of another look to make it work next time ,every game is a cup final for them treat it like one if you go behind regroup there could still be time , 1 point could make or break your season, come off the pitch knowing you gave your all the legs hurting the heart pumping in some pain for taking hard knocks as you made that last ditch tackle, if you have a player now who cant give you that 90 mins out a week the most important 90 mins is always the next one, if you notice any player not giving you that , make them talk to the fans let them explain why that don't have that in them, and those players I would get rid of now and brink in youth boys that give a fk, and vet your next signings as JD does for us , make sure they dont have egos make sure they have a great team ethic no more bad apples rotting at the core of your team, I dont know what the answer is regarding JR id judge him on what he does now he needs to get them believing get them winning ugly as fk if need be but monitor the signings and the outgoings he may need to grow some balls and make examples of some o the journymen

From the Scotsman today ...

It would not have seemed 
possible four years ago, when Danny Lennon’s St Mirren side beat Celtic in the semi-finals of the League Cup and then went on to prevail against Hearts in the final, but the Buddies are staring down the barrel of 
relegation to Scottish football’s third tier.

Supporters who became accustomed to visiting Ibrox and Parkhead can now look forward – if that’s the right phrase – to visiting Cliftonhill and Station Park next season.

Seven points behind second-bottom Ayr United and with only one victory from their last 11 home games, the future looks bleak for the Paisley club with the Premiership facilities.

With every pound a prisoner in the current climate, striker John Sutton is well aware that their full-time status is unlikely to be feasible if they drop into League One. “You don’t want to think about having to go part-time,” said the 33-year-old. “We are still fighting but other teams have struggled to stay full-time when they go down to [that level].

“At the start of the season, we looked at our squad and fancied our chances of being up the other end of the table. That hasn’t materialised and it has just spiralled from there. We’ve got 3,000 fans watching us being cut adrift at the 
bottom – it’s a disaster. The potential for the club is clearly there, but nothing’s going to change unless the 11 guys on the pitch start producing. Did we get crosses into the box? No. Did we trouble their keeper? No. Did they look like scoring when they went down the other end? Yeah. Those aren’t good omens for us.”

In truth, there wasn’t much to choose between two sides lacking in confidence until Stephen Dobbie, pictured, dinked the ball over Scott Gallacher in the last seconds of the first half.

Queens had failed to win any of their previous 13 league fixtures but they grew in confidence after taking the lead and Joe Thomson doubled their advantage when he fired home after a Dobbie effort had come back off the post. Gary McKenzie’s own goal, when he miscued a clearance into his own net, summed up the home team’s performance.

“The way we played was a disaster; it followed on from the end of the Morton game last week,” said Sutton.

“We are where we are – bottom of the league. The club has a good stadium and we can take in more than 3,000 fans, which is more than some Premiership clubs. So there is this expectation that we will get ourselves out of trouble but, unless the 11 players on the pitch are doing the business, you’re not going to get out of it.

“We are still well adrift at the bottom of the league. There’s no other way of looking at it and it would be a disaster if it stays that way.”

Saints are the lowest-scoring senior club in the country (Dobbie and Derek Lyle have more league goals between them than Jack Ross’s entire squad) and adding punch up front has to be a 
priority during the current transfer window. “We are conceding cheap goals and not looking like scoring at the other end of the pitch,” said Sutton.

“You can’t really take too many positives, to be honest. The reality is that we are nowhere near the level we should be at in terms of our performances.”

oh p.s I love the ton and love our rivalry, in a way I want you down to feel the pain we experienced, but in a weird way if that put you guys at risk financially then no would not wish that on any club , but my personal thoughts are it would maybe benefit you guys to go down regroup, work now on a team that will get you back up 1st time , you have a tittle party get to see more wins than you see loose and come back full o confidence with a team hungry and who has a taste if sucess so try look positive in all this negative and good luck

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

From the Scotsman today ...

It would not have seemed 
possible four years ago, when Danny Lennon’s St Mirren side beat Celtic in the semi-finals of the League Cup and then went on to prevail against Hearts in the final, but the Buddies are staring down the barrel of 
relegation to Scottish football’s third tier.

Supporters who became accustomed to visiting Ibrox and Parkhead can now look forward – if that’s the right phrase – to visiting Cliftonhill and Station Park next season.

Seven points behind second-bottom Ayr United and with only one victory from their last 11 home games, the future looks bleak for the Paisley club with the Premiership facilities.

With every pound a prisoner in the current climate, striker John Sutton is well aware that their full-time status is unlikely to be feasible if they drop into League One. “You don’t want to think about having to go part-time,” said the 33-year-old. “We are still fighting but other teams have struggled to stay full-time when they go down to [that level].

“At the start of the season, we looked at our squad and fancied our chances of being up the other end of the table. That hasn’t materialised and it has just spiralled from there. We’ve got 3,000 fans watching us being cut adrift at the 
bottom – it’s a disaster. The potential for the club is clearly there, but nothing’s going to change unless the 11 guys on the pitch start producing. Did we get crosses into the box? No. Did we trouble their keeper? No. Did they look like scoring when they went down the other end? Yeah. Those aren’t good omens for us.”

In truth, there wasn’t much to choose between two sides lacking in confidence until Stephen Dobbie, pictured, dinked the ball over Scott Gallacher in the last seconds of the first half.

Queens had failed to win any of their previous 13 league fixtures but they grew in confidence after taking the lead and Joe Thomson doubled their advantage when he fired home after a Dobbie effort had come back off the post. Gary McKenzie’s own goal, when he miscued a clearance into his own net, summed up the home team’s performance.

“The way we played was a disaster; it followed on from the end of the Morton game last week,” said Sutton.

“We are where we are – bottom of the league. The club has a good stadium and we can take in more than 3,000 fans, which is more than some Premiership clubs. So there is this expectation that we will get ourselves out of trouble but, unless the 11 players on the pitch are doing the business, you’re not going to get out of it.

“We are still well adrift at the bottom of the league. There’s no other way of looking at it and it would be a disaster if it stays that way.”

Saints are the lowest-scoring senior club in the country (Dobbie and Derek Lyle have more league goals between them than Jack Ross’s entire squad) and adding punch up front has to be a 
priority during the current transfer window. “We are conceding cheap goals and not looking like scoring at the other end of the pitch,” said Sutton.

“You can’t really take too many positives, to be honest. The reality is that we are nowhere near the level we should be at in terms of our performances.”

ah well sounds like he's gave up good luck to you all lol

you have a player admiting some players are not giving there all fk me the manager and his experience alone should be influencing them to get the best out them, where is the statements of intent,

you would like to be hearing things like myself and lads are going to work as hard as we can to get us out this position, we will asure the fans we will come of that park knowing we gave our all, we will fight for every point left to win etc etc. Something's not right in that dressing room, and for you guys that's not acceptable.

and show the team your passion for then go to east end park in numbers treat sat as if it was your cup final sing your hearts out give then that extra man if you go down one nill sing louder show the players on the park that saturday is day 1 then in the end if you loose aplaud the guys who care and let the ones who dont give a fk know

if your a player reading this ,Sat is your chance to shine be that player who installs fear into the opposition as you are the one who will chase down every 50/50 ball , you are the one who will put in that tackle to win it to stop the attack or to create one , you are the one who will look at the player next to you in the same jersey and give him support and motivation when he looks out of sorts, be the one the defenders fear when that corner comes into the box as you will be the one getting your head on the ball if its there to be one its yours. Be the defender who commands that box the one to put your head in front of others and make that clearence be the one that chases a lost cause and gets that unexpected. Cross or prevents a corner, be the one that tackles hard and fair even if the skills are letting you down give the ball to the one on fire , be the man that is in their face and gees up the crowd,when you loose a goal see it ass challenge be the man to turn it round, if you all do that I'm sure it will feel to the opposition there are extra men on the pitch show you care show you want it and no one will stop you if you win feel the glory and look forwards to next time to do it all again ignore the negative and be positive and if you loose you gave your all and you know you will win next time that's what we do Mon e ton and good luck saints

7 hours ago, sidton said:

oh p.s I love the ton and love our rivalry, in a way I want you down to feel the pain we experienced, but in a weird way if that put you guys at risk financially then no would not wish that on any club , but my personal thoughts are it would maybe benefit you guys to go down regroup, work now on a team that will get you back up 1st time , you have a tittle party get to see more wins than you see loose and come back full o confidence with a team hungry and who has a taste if sucess so try look positive in all this negative and good luck

The very thing some Saints' fans were saying when we stared premiership relegation, and we know how that's turned out.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The very thing some Saints' fans were saying when we stared premiership relegation, and we know how that's turned out.

true I suppose but that was to much arrogance you would have underestimated many good clubs including one half o the ugly sisters realistically lol bellow you surety the arrogance leaves and reality sets in , you have made a start brought in a youngster now over to JR to get the best out o him

6 minutes ago, shull said:

I think those 3 goals may be even worse than the 3 goals we gifted them in the first home game.

What on earth is happening to us.

How can you possibly win a game when you give away such goals.

The first and third were shockers, but the second.... where do you even start!!!

55 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I think those 3 goals may be even worse than the 3 goals we gifted them in the first home game.

The first and third were shockers, but the second.... where do you even start!!!

By the time 2 and 3 went in we had rightly thrown caution to the wind with 3 strikers and 2 wingers and 3 central defenders to cover the back. We could have defended better to be fair but at 1-0 down caution was out the window and it was attack, attack, attack.

By the time 2 and 3 went in we had rightly thrown caution to the wind with 3 strikers and 2 wingers and 3 central defenders to cover the back. We could have defended better to be fair but at 1-0 down caution was out the window and it was attack, attack, attack.

Yeah, but none of that excuses the pass to nobody prior to the second goal.

I know we retained possession after his slip (in the lead up to their first), but how many times since he joined the club have we seen Gary Irvine fall over in the lead up to goals?

It is regular as clockwork. I like the sound of a new left back but I don't really want him to be moved to right back.

13 hours ago, Hambud said:

I know we retained possession after his slip (in the lead up to their first), but how many times since he joined the club have we seen Gary Irvine fall over in the lead up to goals?

It is regular as clockwork. I like the sound of a new left back but I don't really want him to be moved to right back.

He plays in his slippers every week.