Good Will To All Men

Drew

I thought I would share a seasonal heartwarming story with you.

On my early morning commute to work yesterday, I noticed ahead of me a forlorn looking figure, making unsteady progress along the very narrow pavement on a busy stretch of country road. What struck me about this figure was the fact that he was dressed only in jeans, trainers, and a crisp white polo shirt.  The temperature gauge on my car read 2°. Brrrrrrr!

As I drove past this man, I noted that he appeared to be in his mid 50s, and was very unsteady on his feet. I confess that my immediate thought was that he was intoxicated. That did seem somewhat odd, however, given his generally well kempt appearance, the location, and the fact that it was 8.30am on a Tuesday morning.  He was placing himself in grave danger by stepping onto the road on occasion.

As I passed this soul, I wrestled with my conscience, and the thought of simply continuing my journey to work, heedless of this man's plight, didn't sit comfortably with me.

So, when I reached the next roundabout, I retraced my route, and pulled onto the narrow pavement just beyond where the man had reached. I engaged my hazard lights, and hurried to catch up him, signalling a caution to other drivers as they passed, as my car was parked up in a precarious position just ahead. As I approached, I asked him if he was okay: "excuse me, mate, is everything okay?.... you're stepping onto the road into the oncoming traffic and could get hurt".

The fellow halted, turned to me, slowly assumed the 'mon then!' pose, and, glaring at me, told me to f**k off! He then resumed his lonely, meandering path by walking straight onto the roundabout in front of an oncoming refuse collection lorry.

God bless us, everyone!

Edited by Drew

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

On my early morning commute to work yesterday, I noticed ahead of me a forlorn looking figure, making unsteady progress along the very narrow pavement on a busy stretch of country road. What struck me about this figure was the fact that he was dressed only in jeans, trainers, and a crisp white polo shirt.  The temperature gauge on my car read 2°. Brrrrrrr!

As I drove past this man, I noted that he appeared to be in his mid 50s, and was very unsteady on his feet. I confess that my immediate thought was that he was intoxicated. That did seem somewhat odd, however, given his generally well kempt appearance, the location, and the fact that it was 8.30am on a Tuesday morning.  He was placing himself in grave danger by stepping onto the road on occasion.

As I passed this soul, I wrestled with my conscience, and the thought of simply continuing my journey to work, heedless of this man's plight didn't sit comfortably with me.

So, when I reached the next roundabout, I retraced my route, and pulled onto the narrow pavement just beyond where the man had reached. I engaged my hazard lights, and hurried to catch up him, signalling a caution to other drivers as they approached as my car was parked up in a precarious position just ahead. As I approached, I asked him if he was okay: "excuse me, mate, is everything okay?.... you're stepping onto the road into the oncoming traffic and could get hurt".

The fellow halted, turned to me, slowly assumed the 'mon then!' pose, and, glaring at me, told me to f**k off! He then resumed his lonely, meandering path by walking straight onto the roundabout in front of an incoming refuse collection lorry.

God bless us, everyone!

So he knew you then!

5 hours ago, Drew said:

As I passed this soul, I wrestled with my conscience, and the thought of simply continuing my journey to work, heedless of this man's plight, didn't sit comfortably with me.

So, when I reached the next roundabout, I retraced my route, and pulled onto the narrow pavement just beyond where the man had reached. I engaged my hazard lights, and hurried to catch up him, signalling a caution to other drivers as they passed, as my car was parked up in a precarious position just ahead. As I approached, I asked him if he was okay: "excuse me, mate, is everything okay?.... you're stepping onto the road into the oncoming traffic and could get hurt".

The fellow halted, turned to me, slowly assumed the 'mon then!' pose, and, glaring at me, told me to f**k off! He then resumed his lonely, meandering path by walking straight onto the roundabout in front of an oncoming refuse collection lorry.

God bless us, everyone!

Has Rick hacked your account? He posts long winded, meaningless posts, albeit not as good as you. :rolleyes: PS have a shit Christmas in yer shed. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint