The St Mirren Club Shop

shull

It seemed to be doing very brisk business when I was in earlier. 

Sat for a wee while when I came out and watched many going into make purchases. 

Thought it might be a good idea for the Shop to rent some Retail Space in the Paisley Centre, just for the month leading up to Christmas. 

Next Christmas might also be ideal for the Club to sell a brand new Third Strip from the Shop Premises. 

As well as selling the Home and Away kits in April and June respectively. 

Good luck to all involved. 

Edited by shull

Aye, it's not a bad wee shop given the retail space that it's got. It would have been interesting to get a breakdown in the accounts as to how much money the club shop brings in to the club and how much money the pie stall franchise makes the club. I did ask SMISA to ask the question for me at the AGM but I believe that request was ignored also. :rolleyes:

The shop has great parking and is easily accessible , it deserves to open five or six days a week , but not as a shop selling St Mirren stuff , there must be a profitable business that all St Mirren supporters could use , if they knew that the profits went straight in St Mirren / Smisa,s coffers , The Saints shops as it is now could easily run from a portacabin , and one of these could probably be obtained for very little

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

The shop has great parking and is easily accessible , it deserves to open five or six days a week , but not as a shop selling St Mirren stuff , there must be a profitable business that all St Mirren supporters could use , if they knew that the profits went straight in St Mirren / Smisa,s coffers , The Saints shops as it is now could easily run from a portacabin , and one of these could probably be obtained for very little

I doubt this idea would even break even never mind make a profit. The costs would not be covered as there would be next to no trade during the week. There is nowhere close to the numbers who live locally to support this notion IMO.

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I doubt this idea would even break even never mind make a profit. The costs would not be covered as there would be next to no trade during the week. There is nowhere close to the numbers who live locally to support this notion IMO.

You maybe right , but give it some thought , what sort of business would work well there ?

A business which everyone could be a potential user  , but one which St Mirren supporters would use , because some of the profits would go directly to the club .

You maybe right , but give it some thought , what sort of business would work well there ?
A business which everyone could be a potential user  , but one which St Mirren supporters would use , because some of the profits would go directly to the club .

Not sure you would have the required footfall to run anything but a small club shop from that location. It seems to work well enough just now, and will be even better when we can actually sell replica kits.

20 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Before any business would dream of starting up they would, I assume look at the location and this is the key area for me.

I can't see many making the journey for ANY business if that's all that was there.

Location, location, location for me mate but that's only my opinion.

PS You only need to look at the recent thread where there was a considerable amount of forum users who don't stay in Paisley, and many never have.

No passing trade seems like it's a loser from the start.

Keep it what it is but better managed, that would be sufficient.

Edited by faraway saint

In an ideal world, you would love the shop, and ticket office all joined together in the one shop. You would need to walk in through the shop in order to purchase your tickets. This way you might get some unexpected trade, someone is buying a ticket for a family member who is home for the weekend, they see some scarfs etc and buy these products as well. Throw in a cafe (lol), you get someone coming down to buy a ticket, who then buys some merchandise from the shop and then buys a cup of tea with a roll :D

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Before any business would dream of starting up they would, I assume look at the location and this is the key area for me.

I can't see many making the journey for ANY business if that's all that was there.

Location, location, location for me mate but that's only my opinion.

PS You only need to look at the recent thread where there was a considerable amount of forum users who don't stay in Paisley, and many never have.

No passing trade seems like it's a loser from the start.

Keep it what it is but better managed, that would be sufficient.

I was thinking ( perhaps niavely ) the location would suit a certain type of company.

For instance , I,m always getting phone calls from companies that can offer me better electricity / gas deals , cheaper mobile phone deals , cheaper  motor insurance , cheaper  life insurance ,cheaper broadband etc , and in some instances I,ve used these companies and saved a couple of bob , I,m also sure the companies themselves have made a few bob out of me , I,m sure a company offering these sorts of services , and other similar services could  do well operating out of the club shop , and make money more often than just a few afternoons a year.

I might be wrong but AFAIK the shop in the stadium is actually a stand alone business that rents the space from the club.

The shop itself is not run by the club, in the same way that the catering is not run by the club.

That's my understanding of it anyway, you never see the club pushing anything to do with St.Mirren Direct.

33 minutes ago, div said:

I might be wrong but AFAIK the shop in the stadium is actually a stand alone business that rents the space from the club.

The shop itself is not run by the club, in the same way that the catering is not run by the club.

That's my understanding of it anyway, you never see the club pushing anything to do with St.Mirren Direct.

So the club gets no money from the sale of the official merchandise? 

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Go on tell us a long story about you running  a merchandise for one of many involvements you have been involved in. 

Er.....  IoBS?

I think you're mistaking div for a carnaptious person from Wishaw...  :unsure:

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, chalky1 said:

In an ideal world, you would love the shop, and ticket office all joined together in the one shop. You would need to walk in through the shop in order to purchase your tickets. This way you might get some unexpected trade, someone is buying a ticket for a family member who is home for the weekend, they see some scarfs etc and buy these products as well. Throw in a cafe (lol), you get someone coming down to buy a ticket, who then buys some merchandise from the shop and then buys a cup of tea with a roll :D

That is how it was set up a while back, meant you could buy tickets in the dry

1 hour ago, shull said:

A St Mirren Museum, Cafe, Shop and Ticket Office all in the one place would be ideal. 

Maybe one of the vacant corners between 2 of the Stands would be the optimum spot. 

Some set up for someone who wants to see every club paying part time wages to part time players. Make your mind up which direction you want to head in.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Some set up for someone who wants to see every club paying part time wages to part time players. Make your mind up which direction you want to head in.

Seasons greetings. 

I am so sorry, but I don't comprehend your post. 

I dinnae see the connection you are making. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Seasons greetings. 

I am so sorry, but I don't comprehend your post. 

I dinnae see the connection you are making. 

I think Ayrshire Saint might be struggling with the idea of having a full time commercial operation working to raise capital within the business to pay for a part time playing squad Shull. I don't think he's quite grasped the most important of business equations - that MONEY IN > MONEY OUT. Sadly he's showing the kind of logic that has led to the demise of several football clubs. 

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Aye, it's not a bad wee shop given the retail space that it's got. It would have been interesting to get a breakdown in the accounts as to how much money the club shop brings in to the club and how much money the pie stall franchise makes the club. I did ask SMISA to ask the question for me at the AGM but I believe that request was ignored also. :rolleyes:

Why on earth would you believe you had a right to know things like that?

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why on earth would you believe you had a right to know things like that?

Are you not a SMiSA member? 

If you were you would have seen their e-mail asking for any questions relating to the clubs annual accounts. I responded with my question several days before resigning my membership.