Jump to content

Kyle Hutton


Recommended Posts

I have been saddened  recently about the sarcastic and moronic comments made about Kyle Hutton on this forum.

In the games I have seen him play for us he was certainly not our worst performer yet most of the flack was directed his way.

Granted he is not a silky, skilful midfielder, but with the emergence of the Four Ms in recent weeks, what we are screaming out for now is an industrious, defensive midfielder as we cannot rely on Quinn to avoid injury for any length of time.

Hutton always seemed to me to be a willing and committed midfielder who made himself available to help out colleagues but suffered more than most from the air of negativity surrounding the club for a while and experienced an obvious drop-off in confidence as a result.

With the current more up-beat atmosphere at Greenhill Road, we could do worse than recall Kyle into the squad for the second half of the season and give him the chance to prove himself.

The Four Ms and the Three Kyles between them could provide the midfield we require to get ourselves out of our current mess.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hi Kyle, merry Xmas to you and the family :D

I don't think Hutton is a bad player, in the same way that Walsh and especially Hardie are not bad players either.

The fact he was punted out on loan says a lot for me though, it's clear Jack doesn't fancy him at all and I'd reckon if we get an offer to take him off our hands in January he'll go.

Problem Hutton has now is that he can't sign for anyone but Airdrie as you are only allowed to play for two clubs in one season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cannot agree at all Northstbufddie. While I deplore abuse of our players I think Hutton has been very, very poor and a great disappointment. In his last game at Cappielaw he was far from making himself available to help his colleagues but appeared terrified and clueless and was rightly subbed at half-time. He appears totally devoid of confidence which permeates to his team-mates in my opinion causing uncertainty. The younger and far less experienced players that have replaced him have demonstrated a confidence, bravery and skill set which Hutton has been nowhere near in any game he has started for us that I have seen. Maybe his stint at Airdie will help but losing their last two games will not help his confidence there either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I have been saddened  recently about the sarcastic and moronic comments made about Kyle Hutton on this forum.

In the games I have seen him play for us he was certainly not our worst performer yet most of the flack was directed his way.

Granted he is not a silky, skilful midfielder, but with the emergence of the Four Ms in recent weeks, what we are screaming out for now is an industrious, defensive midfielder as we cannot rely on Quinn to avoid injury for any length of time.

Hutton always seemed to me to be a willing and committed midfielder who made himself available to help out colleagues but suffered more than most from the air of negativity surrounding the club for a while and experienced an obvious drop-off in confidence as a result.

With the current more up-beat atmosphere at Greenhill Road, we could do worse than recall Kyle into the squad for the second half of the season and give him the chance to prove himself.

The Four Ms and the Three Kyles between them could provide the midfield we require to get ourselves out of our current mess.

 

Hutton's dad ^^^^^

Only kidding :P. I don't like singling players out or when fans have a boo boy. 

I think it's pretty telling that since he has been out the team and the youngsters have came in that performances and results have rocketed. It can't be easy for players to sign for this club when we have been in a slump for a while, fans haven't had it good for a few years now and we aren't the most welcoming bunch when things don't go our way. It takes certain characters to get fans onside, seen quite a few players crumble in front of us. Maybe the time at Airdrie will do him good. 

Worth noting he seemed to split QotS fans down the middle, some had him as their player of the year last season and some didn't rate him at all.

Pretty important to back everyone playing in the team but some fans just need someone to target. Even happened with Billy Mehmet at one point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, div said:

Hi Kyle, merry Xmas to you and the family :D

I don't think Hutton is a bad player, in the same way that Walsh and especially Hardie are not bad players either.

The fact he was punted out on loan says a lot for me though, it's clear Jack doesn't fancy him at all and I'd reckon if we get an offer to take him off our hands in January he'll go.

Problem Hutton has now is that he can't sign for anyone but Airdrie as you are only allowed to play for two clubs in one season.

Maybe what it does say about Jack Ross is that Hutton was so vilified at St Mirren that he possibly considered that he would benefit from a loan spell elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hutton was poor early in the season, along with the rest of the team. Struggled while doing most of the donkey work in a two man midfield with Mallan, which made both players look poorer than they are. Always looked a better player with Quinn in the team, more of a workmanlike player, and I thought played well in our first game under Ross against Utd. I am aware he has had some shockers this season, but it saddens me also the way supporters have a need for a scapegoat. I agree with the opening post about Hutton slotting into the current team in a defensive role behind the four Ms, now that we have reverted to playing with one striker.

Edited by Soctty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I have been saddened  recently about the sarcastic and moronic comments made about Kyle Hutton on this forum.

In the games I have seen him play for us he was certainly not our worst performer yet most of the flack was directed his way.

Granted he is not a silky, skilful midfielder, but with the emergence of the Four Ms in recent weeks, what we are screaming out for now is an industrious, defensive midfielder as we cannot rely on Quinn to avoid injury for any length of time.

Hutton always seemed to me to be a willing and committed midfielder who made himself available to help out colleagues but suffered more than most from the air of negativity surrounding the club for a while and experienced an obvious drop-off in confidence as a result.

With the current more up-beat atmosphere at Greenhill Road, we could do worse than recall Kyle into the squad for the second half of the season and give him the chance to prove himself.

The Four Ms and the Three Kyles between them could provide the midfield we require to get ourselves out of our current mess.

 

Good post.... but, then, I always fancied him as a player.

And that player has seldom shown up on the park.  I've missed a few games recently so can't genuinely comment.  I wish him well... and I wouldn't mind him back in Paisley, playing as he can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I have been saddened  recently about the sarcastic and moronic comments made about Kyle Hutton on this forum.

In the games I have seen him play for us he was certainly not our worst performer yet most of the flack was directed his way.

Granted he is not a silky, skilful midfielder, but with the emergence of the Four Ms in recent weeks, what we are screaming out for now is an industrious, defensive midfielder as we cannot rely on Quinn to avoid injury for any length of time.

Hutton always seemed to me to be a willing and committed midfielder who made himself available to help out colleagues but suffered more than most from the air of negativity surrounding the club for a while and experienced an obvious drop-off in confidence as a result.

With the current more up-beat atmosphere at Greenhill Road, we could do worse than recall Kyle into the squad for the second half of the season and give him the chance to prove himself.

The Four Ms and the Three Kyles between them could provide the midfield we require to get ourselves out of our current mess.

 

Away you go and behave yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He performed reasonably well in the post-Rae Dundee United game in Paisley, but otherwise hasn't really shown for us at all. Very disappointing.

I predicted he'd be the whipping boy of choice this season, but couldn't factor in his poor showings that have resulted in warranted criticism (albeit, some of it has been OTT).

I don't think there is a place in the starting 11 for him now, so probably best for all involved if he moves on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Kyle Hutton has been atrocious in near enough every game he's played, maybe with the exception of 2 half decent games.

Hope his move away from saints is made permanent. Total waste of our playing budget.

Like so many other players who did not produce their best form or potential at St Mirren - yes you could argue the playing budget was wasted over Hutton.

But with a bit of encouragement there is a player in there somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The saddest thing of all is that we've got him on a 2 year contract.

That's the point

I'm hoping that his spell at Airdrie is a kick up the arse that he needs

Face it his form was honking and the way he is going is downhill

I rather he came back like Tam Turner did years ago and changed his form around

Or he could be a spoiled prick nothing is my fault,everyone is against me and sit it out for his money

It's in his court

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

That's the point

I'm hoping that his spell at Airdrie is a kick up the arse that he needs

Face it his form was honking and the way he is going is downhill

I rather he came back like Tam Turner did years ago and changed his form around

Or he could be a spoiled prick nothing is my fault,everyone is against me and sit it out for his money

It's in his court

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the first half dozen league games and defended his performances.

However, he then went from decidedly ordinary to exceptionally poor and I could no longer defend him.

When you look at the job Magennis has done , with and without the presence of Quinn, it really puts Hutton's performances into perspective.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not having a go at Hutton but the problem a lot of ex old firm youngsters have is they see a successful career in front of them and when it doesn't work out and they get released, they see anything else as a step down.

It takes a very strong personality to knuckle down and rebuild your career, sadly most lack that drive and end up tumbling down the leagues. Kyle is a mid career player who has had numerous opportunities at clubs to show what he can do and his career is now in a downward spiral.

 I can't help but feel young players need to avoid the old firm and concentrate on signing for clubs that will give them more first team opportunities and the chance to make a living in the game rather than the prestige of a big club with a better wage but ultimately less chance of making it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Not having a go at Hutton but the problem a lot of ex old firm youngsters have is they see a successful career in front of them and when it doesn't work out and they get released, they see anything else as a step down.

It takes a very strong personality to knuckle down and rebuild your career, sadly most lack that drive and end up tumbling down the leagues. Kyle is a mid career player who has had numerous opportunities at clubs to show what he can do and his career is now in a downward spiral.

 I can't help but feel young players need to avoid the old firm and concentrate on signing for clubs that will give them more first team opportunities and the chance to make a living in the game rather than the prestige of a big club with a better wage but ultimately less chance of making it.

Yup.

I'd say there's a lot of truth in that.

 

Luckily there's only one big team left and no Old Firm, these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Not having a go at Hutton but the problem a lot of ex old firm youngsters have is they see a successful career in front of them and when it doesn't work out and they get released, they see anything else as a step down.

It takes a very strong personality to knuckle down and rebuild your career, sadly most lack that drive and end up tumbling down the leagues. Kyle is a mid career player who has had numerous opportunities at clubs to show what he can do and his career is now in a downward spiral.

 I can't help but feel young players need to avoid the old firm and concentrate on signing for clubs that will give them more first team opportunities and the chance to make a living in the game rather than the prestige of a big club with a better wage but ultimately less chance of making it.

That might work, if clubs like St Mirren weren't continually queuing up to sign players that get released by the Old Firm. It means that the likes of Celtic and Rangers can justifiably tell parents and kids that if things don't work out for them there at least they'll get a career elsewhere. 

I wasn't impressed with the Hutton signing, and I wasn't impressed with him as a player. However the stick he took was completely over the top, especially since the lad playing right next to him - Mallan - who in many of the games I watched was demonstrably worse - was getting such an easy ride from the same supporters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would rather focus my attentions and backing towards the players we have in the team at present.

In my opinion I don't see a future for Hutton especially if we are linked to Storie of Aberdeen.

In fairness at the start of the season it was probably viewed as an average signing for a guy who should be competent at this level but in reality his displays did him no favours (the dunfermline game) effectively handed them 3 points.

Edited by paisleysaint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

This has turned into an excuse to lambast the guy again. No hope of a balanced thread here I fear...

Maybe the OP should have thought of that, before re-igniting a discussion about a player that a significant number of supporters are trying to forget.

Also, it seems pretty balanced to me, so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hutton did his best, considering he's not really a footballer.

The problem with playing someone who isn't really a footballer in central midfield is they don't know what their doing. The opposition then realise this, pressurise the non footballer into making mistakes, which quite often leads to them scoring.

So, for me, I'd always select a footballer in midfield. However, I wish Hutton all the best in his new career, whatever that may be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...