Help a Bud Name a Dug..

Herbie

I had a border collie and named it Mirren.... it was a cracking wee dog but totally off it's nut.
there just isn't enough hours in the day to exercise those dogs unless you live on a farm 
and can let it run free, so prepare yourself for the house getting wrecked from time to time, 
hope I've not put you off Bud....:thumbs2

I've re-homed 3 dogs, 2 of them Lurchers that love to run...but I am very fortunate that I do live on a farm and I work from home otherwise it would be almost impossible to tire them out. A couple of couches have come off the worse for wear but that's something you can expect with rescues as most have separation anxiety to some degree. Good points far outweigh the bad and I wouldn't be without them for a minute.

On 25/12/2016 at 9:45 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

WTF - who wears the trousers?!!! I've never owned a dog myself but I do know that to have one you need to be assertive. Here's your chance to get some practice in. 

Pick a name and tell her no matter what she calls it, you'll only be calling it the name you chose. The wife will soon cave in. 

Should a man whose wife left him be handing out advice on how someone should treat his wife?

That would be like asking Hitler for advice on how to handle the middle east crisis.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Should a man whose wife left him be handing out advice on how someone should treat his wife?

That would be like asking Hitler for advice on how to handle the middle east crisis.

Would this Hitler analogy come under your interpretation of the positives of being a do'er rather than a talker? :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

I've no idea what numbnuts is talking about but ...

what the fcuk is a "do'er"? Does he mean "doer"? Why the superfluous apostrophe? Why are we not talking about dug names? I vote for Jimmy (Bone) (even though I put up lots of other excellent suggestions myself :) ).

Yeah I am confused about that response to. I think he was aiming at banter but he is about as rubbish at that as he is with everything else.

Edited by oaksoft

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

If you don't call it Jimmy then you should refer to every bone you get it as a Jimmy.

His wife'll soon knock that oan the Heid.

everyBuddie knows a Jimmy is rhyming slang for a Jimmy Riddle.  A piddle...

the way he'll pronounce it will be the Buddie giveaway, as in Ian Riddell - solid, no-nonsense, full back with Saints.

though perhaps I'm over-thinking it and it'll slip under her radar... :unsure:

WTF - who wears the trousers?!!! I've never owned a dog myself but I do know that to have one you need to be assertive. Here's your chance to get some practice in. 
Pick a name and tell her no matter what she calls it, you'll only be calling it the name you chose. The wife will soon cave in. 

I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt in the hope that you aren't actually being serious, but I have my doubts. I can be assertive. Here's an example. I think you're an arsehole and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise.

Hot off the presses...

I was just gettin intae mah caur this eftirnoon, when one pulled up behind me.

A young, happy nuclear family.  The kids were ebullient. 

The parents loudly explaining what their 'walk' might entail, then it was, "OK, Byrne and Sienna, let's go!"

Two stoatin' names... straight outa Waitrose.