Day Out At Old Trafford

Stuart Dickson

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

But Stu D is right and I think exposes the blinkers some of us as Saints fans have.

our Greenhill setup could be vastly improved - the match day experience is poor - the quality of football on the park is at times desperate - As customers we are short changed at almost every opportunity- I don't need to list all the faults as they have been discussed ten times or more before 

i agree with Every St Mirren fan - St Mirren could get it so much better!

The point about this thread is... It wasn't started for any purpose other than self-glorification of the OP.

you say many of us Saints fans have blinkers about the soulless grey concrete box, then you go on to list all the things that we all know are wrong with it and the match day experience.  You say that you don't need to list all the faults as they have been discussed ten times or more before.

so I tweaked your final sentence to reflect that self evident general knowledge.

the OP said nothing new and you backed him up, whilst repeating what we all know.

all of that is the reason that the fans are entering into the buy-out, all of that is the mountain of muck that SMISA is starting to shift.  

I don't think I've read anyBuddie saying that improvements can't be made to the match day experience in Paisley!

at least, with you, I feel safe in thinking that you won't throw a hissy fit and abandon ship at the first opportunity.  

True Buddies are in it for the long haul. Rome wasn't built during an off-season, either.

I might be wrong.... I failed accounts... Twice!

but is a single payment in not simply classed as income?

Income and expenditure combined the turnover?

And the difference between income and expenditure the profit or loss?

As I said... Never sat it at school then failed it at day release and again at night classes, so not my strongest subject.

Yes. If the caterer makes a single payment in and there is no club expenditure on that catering item then the turnover and profit equals that single payment.

If the club then sacks the caterers and runs the outlet itself it has to buy in the pies and the juice and sell them. This would increase the turnover but not necessarily the profit. That's the point I've been making.

Oaksoft completely got it wrong

Surely the sales of goods must be above the fee the caterer makes to increase turnover?

So it might not increase turnover rather than would as you stated.

Imagine getting caught out by a fact in accounting that you seem to think you're an expert in. ????

That will be me on the imaginary ignore list again [emoji23]

I did state that. You still can't read

Oh dear. And here your business acumen shows itself up yet again. 
First off it's not the sole item on my list of improvements i'd make. It's not even one of them. However if we take what you have just said and look at it from the perspective of increasing turnover it's not that stupid an idea at all. See currently, if I am reading the accounts correctly, St Mirren take in a maximum annual income of £16,400 for the catering operation at the club. This assumes that the stories about the club shop are correct and that St Mirren have never made a penny in rent, commission or licensing from the club shop operators. Now to achieve a turnover that equates to this the club would have to sell just 455 pie and juice packages per home league match at £2.00 each to increase turnover. I'm certain that would be easily achievable. Of course a bigger challenge would be to make that profitable - but I don't need to worry about that here since you are trying to point score using the turnover figure as the target. :rolleyes: 

See where it says 455.

You can apologise now :rolleyes:

Hmmm.

I think you need to build in a shedload of other costs into producing a potentially profitable £2.00 pie and juice offer for the punters.

You spoke of that price being a good thing at Benburb - and it is. (quality and quantity notwithstanding).

But...

I'd wager you need to sell well in excess of 455 to get anywhere your suggested annual income of £16,400 from that operation. 

Hmmm.
I think you need to build in a shedload of other costs into producing a potentially profitable £2.00 pie and juice offer for the punters.
You spoke of that price being a good thing at Benburb - and it is. (quality and quantity notwithstanding).
But...

I'd wager you need to sell well in excess of 455 to get anywhere your suggested annual income of £16,400 from that operation. 

Yeah and if you could read to the end of the post you'll see I've said that also.

Just to be clear I have never suggested that selling pies would be the grand plan for salvation for St Mirren. Oaksoft made that shite up however in his point scoring excersize he referred to turnover rather than profit. I've shown how St Mirren would increase turnover selling pies and juice packages themselves but I have also stated several times that whilst that would increase turnover that didn't mean it would be more profitable.

Oaksoft has made a complete c**t of himself and Coward and his daft mate Slarti have proved only that both of them can't read. It's sad really. A terrible indictment for the state of the Scottish education System.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yes. If the caterer makes a single payment in and there is no club expenditure on that catering item then the turnover and profit equals that single payment.

If the club then sacks the caterers and runs the outlet itself it has to buy in the pies and the juice and sell them. This would increase the turnover but not necessarily the profit. That's the point I've been making.

Oaksoft completely got it wrong

New years resolution.

Do NOT feed the troll.

Do NOT feed the troll.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, antrin said:

The point about this thread is... It wasn't started for any purpose other than self-glorification of the OP.

you say many of us Saints fans have blinkers about the soulless grey concrete box, then you go on to list all the things that we all know are wrong with it and the match day experience.  You say that you don't need to list all the faults as they have been discussed ten times or more before.

so I tweaked your final sentence to reflect that self evident general knowledge.

the OP said nothing new and you backed him up, whilst repeating what we all know.

all of that is the reason that the fans are entering into the buy-out, all of that is the mountain of muck that SMISA is starting to shift.  

I don't think I've read anyBuddie saying that improvements can't be made to the match day experience in Paisley!

at least, with you, I feel safe in thinking that you won't throw a hissy fit and abandon ship at the first opportunity.  

True Buddies are in it for the long haul. Rome wasn't built during an off-season, either.

See here is the thing - thank you for feeling the need and taking the time to tweak the final comment in my post - I'm not sure why you did ? Does it suit your agenda? 

You precede this by suggesting I've called Greenhil road a grey soulless box - your words - not words used by me in my original post

Can you direct me to the point in my post where I list all that is wrong with the Greenhill road match day experience? What I did was provide just one example of a football club who in my opinion provided a number of what I see as a list of basic criteria for providing a more customer / supporter match day experience

No, you'll find you forgot friendlies, cup ties etc.

Because you wrote home league games and made a cnut of the figures again.

It's all there in your actual words and figures.

Next you'll be writing that all St Mirren fans are thick and stupid to understand what you meant rather than work it out from what you actually wrote.

Well since we're going round in circles on an example I didn't cite in the first place with post after post proving many on these forums are incapable of reading I think the point about stupid St Mirren fans has been proved.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah and if you could read to the end of the post you'll see I've said that also.

Just to be clear I have never suggested that selling pies would be the grand plan for salvation for St Mirren. Oaksoft made that shite up however in his point scoring excersize he referred to turnover rather than profit. I've shown how St Mirren would increase turnover selling pies and juice packages themselves but I have also stated several times that whilst that would increase turnover that didn't mean it would be more profitable.

Oaksoft has made a complete c**t of himself and Coward and his daft mate Slarti have proved only that both of them can't read. It's sad really. A terrible indictment for the state of the Scottish education System.

So let me get this clear you can see everyone else's errors and not your own in the above post?  I suppose that means you can't write in your world. 

7 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

See here is the thing - thank you for feeling the need and taking the time to tweak the final comment in my post - I'm not sure why you did ? Does it suit your agenda? 

You precede this by suggesting I've called Greenhil road a grey soulless box - your words - not words used by me in my original post

Can you direct me to the point in my post where I list all that is wrong with the Greenhill road match day experience? What I did was provide just one example of a football club who in my opinion provided a number of what I see as a list of basic criteria for providing a more customer / supporter match day experience

You've totally misunderstood me.  :)

I have no agenda - other than the betterment of St Mirren FC.  The OP constantly denigrates the club, and whoever tries to make it better.  I think 'his' constant opining is not for the Club's betterment and is not beneficial.  It is the wrong way forward.

I have always referred to it as a grey/soulless/concrete box.  I never suggested you did.  Though it undeniably is just that.  Could be improved is my proposition.

Which is also the reason I tweaked your final sentence to demonstrate that we ALL know it is not currently great being a Saints fan.  We don't all constantly dwell on the dark side.

It's not just OP who has these moments of startling clarity...

ETA: And I also indicated you were as aware as the rest of us of where the club was currently ineffective (which by suggesting a list of better experiences elsewhere is doing just that).  I never said you had made a list of bad things...  Poorly written perhaps.

Edited by antrin

So we are all agreed then Old Trafford has the potential for a good trip out and Greenhill road has the potential to improve and make it a better day out 

thread closed due to petty point scoring and fxxkwittery

Here's a thing. Man U match on Boxing Day. 75000 was the stated attendance. I tried to source an extra ticket paying over the odds from an agency two weeks before the game and the sale fell through.

St Mirren V Morton today, a stadium that's unlikely to be half full, loads of tickets available yet just like the Boxing Day game I cant purchase my ticket online on the day of the match.

Even when there is a clear opportunity to get one up in terms of match experience St Mirren blow it. Now, if I decide to go I'll need to queue to buy a ticket and then queue at the turnstiles. Crazy.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Here's a thing. Man U match on Boxing Day. 75000 was the stated attendance. I tried to source an extra ticket paying over the odds from an agency two weeks before the game and the sale fell through.

St Mirren V Morton today, a stadium that's unlikely to be half full, loads of tickets available yet just like the Boxing Day game I cant purchase my ticket online on the day of the match.

Even when there is a clear opportunity to get one up in terms of match experience St Mirren blow it. Now, if I decide to go I'll need to queue to buy a ticket and then queue at the turnstiles. Crazy.

Ceasefire till next year , Stuart.

Enjoy the Match :D