The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

I must admit to being surprised, (pleasantly though), at Murray's performance so far, albeit against weaker opposition, but I still believe he will fall well short when playing the big guns in week 2. I hope to be being called out for my lack of faith/knowledge next Sunday.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I must admit to being surprised, (pleasantly though), at Murray's performance so far, albeit against weaker opposition, but I still believe he will fall well short when playing the big guns in week 2. I hope to be being called out for my lack of faith/knowledge next Sunday.

That's  a wee bit disrespect to Fabio as they had played 6 competitive games with three wins each. Have a feeling his hip is giving Murray some jip as he is looking to be limping at times but then he does some great moves and I think he is ok. The Spanish Stallone is looking in good form. My heart is with Murray so fingers crossed.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, stlucifer said:

I think Murray has done all he set out to do and appears to have hung up his racket. Can't see him doing anything at Wimbledon this year either. Hope I'm wrong though.

An utterly bizzare post. :lol:

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Having watched him closely, as usual, I happen to agree that he looks short of the form he will need to beat Nadal (semi final possible opponent) or Federer or Djokovic.

His movement is slightly less than it usually is and, as such, leaves him struggling to get into the correct position to return or attack.

He also seems to be less willing to be going for shots, something that Lendl seemed to have sorted, but this could come from him slightly being less than 100% physically perfect.

Todays opponent was dangerous, but nothing more and Murray had to dig deep to get past him.

He plays a Frenchman next, ranked 46 in the world who has sailed through so far, only dropping one set.

This is the best he has ever done at Wimbledon and I expect Murray to see him off in straight sets.

For people who enjoy tennis try to catch the Nadal v Muller match in the next round, could be a classic.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

An utterly bizzare post. :lol:

Having watched him closely, as usual, I happen to agree that he looks short of the form he will need to beat Nadal (semi final possible opponent) or Federer or Djokovic.

His movement is slightly less than it usually is and, as such, leaves him struggling to get into the correct position to return or attack.

He also seems to be less willing to be going for shots, something that Lendl seemed to have sorted, but this could come from him slightly being less than 100% physically perfect.

Todays opponent was dangerous, but nothing more and Murray had to dig deep to get past him.

He plays a Frenchman next, ranked 46 in the world who has sailed through so far, only dropping one set.

This is the best he has ever done at Wimbledon and I expect Murray to see him off in straight sets.

For people who enjoy tennis try to catch the Nadal v Muller match in the next round, could be a classic.

You actually write better on tennis than football can read your passion coming through for tennis. Fine. 

9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You actually write better on tennis than football can read your passion coming through for tennis. Fine. 

Indeed.

Looking forward to hearing expert updates from our top class Tennis correspondent.

DUNDERHEID DAN MASKELL LIVE FROM ARBROFF

" OH I SAY " :byebye

COME ON ANDY

Murray 2nd on centre court tomorrow against Paire (France)

World number 46 and this is, equally, as far as he's reached in the majors.

I think Murray will ease through this in 3 sets.

Some other matches should be top class.

Nadal v Muller, Dimitrov v Federer..................quality guaranteed.

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, faraway saint said:

Murray 2nd on centre court tomorrow against Paire (France)

World number 46 and this is, equally, as far as he's reached in the majors.

I think Murray will ease through this in 3 sets.

Some other matches should be top class.

Nadal v Muller, Dimitrov v Federer..................quality guaranteed.

Nadal v Muller, over 4.5 hours with Muller coming through. Said it would be top class.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nadal v Muller, over 4.5 hours with Muller coming through. Said it would be top class.

How good was Muller in that last set . 34 years of age and looked like he could have played on for another few hours . Superb .

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

How good was Muller in that last set . 34 years of age and looked like he could have played on for another few hours . Superb .

He's been hot for the last few months. He's won me a few bob although I didn't bet on him today as it looked too close to call. Tennis is generally top quality.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He's been hot for the last few months. He's won me a few bob although I didn't bet on him today as it looked too close to call. Tennis is generally top quality.

It is at this level .