The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

On 7/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, faraway saint said:

Big day for the latest British sensation, due on court after 4pm.

Best of luck.

image.png.7d8a35aa4a33ad2cec4243d8abd7001a.png

Unfortunate exit, she had to retire with breathing difficulties, seemingly.

Watched bits, she was playing very well overall, although she had lost the 1st set, just.

There's been plenty of sensations over the years that have come and gone, never coming close to realising their early promise.

Probably not helped by the British media who continue to raise the expectation beyond the reality of her recent, short, success.

At least she made week 2, unlike all the other British players. 

I'm not really a big tennis fan but I've watched a wee bit more of it this year. 

This guy Felix Auger Aliassime never heard of him before this years Wimbledon is 11/4 to win today, in my opinion that's a really good bet from what I've witnessed 

What do you reckon Mr McEnroe ...  I'm heading down the cream cookies with a wad so hurry up 

Donald Duck Money GIF

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm not really a big tennis fan but I've watched a wee bit more of it this year. 

This guy Felix Auger Aliassime never heard of him before this years Wimbledon is 11/4 to win today, in my opinion that's a really good bet from what I've witnessed 

What do you reckon Mr McEnroe ...  I'm heading down the cream cookies with a wad so hurry up 

Donald Duck Money GIF

Stick your house on him.

If Djokovic dies, he's in with a shout. 😜

Djokovic continues to trample his opponents into the dust, easy 3 set win again today.

The graceful Federer is currently in trouble in the 1st set, 3-5 down with is opponent to serve for the set.

The guy who beat Murray came through a great 5 setter, I seen the last set and a half, so he's next up for Djokovic on Friday. 

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Djokovic continues to trample his opponents into the dust, easy 3 set win again today.

The graceful Federer is currently in trouble in the 1st set, 3-5 down with is opponent to serve for the set.

The guy who beat Murray came through a great 5 setter, I seen the last set and a half, so he's next up for Djokovic on Friday. 

Federer in big trouble, 2 sets down against a guy who's giving him nothing.

Berrettini, who hammered Murray at Queens a few weeks ago, is currently pumping the guy who put Federer out in the quarters.

Since he beat Murray this is the 2nd time I've seen him, hadn't seen him previously to the Murray match, and he's very impressive.

I still get the feeling that all the other players are just making up the numbers for the Djokovic show. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Berrettini, who hammered Murray at Queens a few weeks ago, is currently pumping the guy who put Federer out in the quarters.

Since he beat Murray this is the 2nd time I've seen him, hadn't seen him previously to the Murray match, and he's very impressive.

I still get the feeling that all the other players are just making up the numbers for the Djokovic show. 

Won 3-1, quite a performance.

Djokovic currently in a tie break for the first set.

The young Canadian putting up a good fight but the top players usually find a way to win in these situations. 

PS As expected, Djokovic wins 7-3 in tie break.

Edited by faraway saint

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Won 3-1, quite a performance.

Djokovic currently in a tie break for the first set.

The young Canadian putting up a good fight but the top players usually find a way to win in these situations. 

PS As expected, Djokovic wins 7-3 in tie break.

Djokovic wins another tight set 7-5, despite Shapovalov having umpteen chances to break earleir in the set.

A familiar story unfolding, opponent plays really well and Djokovic marches into another Slam Final. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:55 AM, faraway saint said:

Murray beats Gasquet in the Cincinnati Masters, a rich hunting ground for him when he was at his best.

That's a good win, no doubt, that's him into the last 32.

Fingers crossed he get's at least another 2 or 3 wins, would help his physical and mental confidence. 

Murray out against a Polish player I've never heard of before.

Decent game but, as I've said, he's lost what he had. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:14 AM, faraway saint said:

Murray back in action tomorrow in some diddy tournament against Kyrgios.

Got to be worth a watch, Kyrgios is box office for entertainment. 

Kyrgios withdraws VERY late so Murray plays a guy who just lost about three quarters of ah hour. :wacko:

Would have been better playing one of the crowd. :lol:

The on-court MC informs spectators that Kyrgios has withdrawn. Some harsh boos in response. Andy Murray will play lucky loser Noah Rubin in 20 minutes. Rubin only lost his qualifying match against Lucas Pouille about 25 minutes ago.

Murray wins 6-2, 6-0. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Kyrgios withdraws VERY late so Murray plays a guy who just lost about three quarters of ah hour. :wacko:

Would have been better playing one of the crowd. :lol:

The on-court MC informs spectators that Kyrgios has withdrawn. Some harsh boos in response. Andy Murray will play lucky loser Noah Rubin in 20 minutes. Rubin only lost his qualifying match against Lucas Pouille about 25 minutes ago.

Murray wins 6-2, 6-0. 

Andy has a dodgy hip so needs any bit of advantage he can muster.