The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No change there then ya trumpet. :lol:

But she is a better fitba player than Kenny McLean. 

Some Tumshies are getting upset because I called him a decent player. 

Strange behaviour :lol:

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The elegant and classy player that is Mr Federer takes to the court today. Hope gets beat but he'll probably win 3-0 and march on. Possibly the best player I've ever seen. A pleasure to watch and the favourite for me I'm afraid.

The guy is slick no doubt about that. For me the best was You Can't Be Serious for sheer one finger up at the Wimbledon establishment he was the punk of tennis the like that had never been seen even to this day. He was also good at tennis. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

33 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The guy is slick no doubt about that. For me the best was You Can't Be Serious for sheer one finger up at the Wimbledon establishment he was the punk of tennis the like that had never been seen even to this day. He was also good at tennis. 

His behaviour was deplorable and he should have been banned permanently from the All England Club. 

Borg was the master. 

Sampras and Federer are the masters as they have 7 titles each and 32 Grand Slam titles. McEnroe was a spoilt brat, wish Connors had punched his face in, as he promised....

Borg for me was a quitter , no doubt superb, but didn't really have much competition,,,,,,, he loses one final and basically throws towel in............... another spoilt prat 

1 hour ago, shull said:

His behaviour was deplorable and he should have been banned permanently from the All England Club. 

Borg was the master. 

I like McEnroe. Have a read at his autobiography if you can, it's a good book. 

IMG_1897.JPG