The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

What a match on No1 Court, wheelchair men's semi final, Fernandez (Arg) v Hewett (GBR).

When I tuned in the Argentinian was 1 set up and 5-1 up in the decider, game over?

Not a bit of it, Hewett comes back and wins it on the tie break.

3rd set just started, unfortunately the Djokovic v Norrie game just about to start over on Centre Court so I'll need to tune out and watch this. 

Fingers crossed the British guy gets through. 

1 set all, more to with Norrie making an utter cnut of an easy smash than Djokovic getting much better.

At this stage, could go anyway.

Surely Djokovic HAS to click sometime soon? 

Nothing away from Norrie, he's doing what he can so game on.

Oh, the British boy won the wheelchair semi final, great performance and comeback. :thumbs2

Djokovic, unsurprisingly, wins 3-1.

He'll not have had many easier semi finals, Norrie was very disappointing, not that I thought he'd win, but SO many poor shots gifted the Serb the match.

There were quite a few decent shots but very sporadic, not a lot of outstanding rallies or winners, more errors.

All a bit of a nothing match IMO.

Roll on Sunday, got to be a better match that today. 

I just don’t think Djokovic got out of 2nd gear , yes he was tepid but didn’t really have to switch on the afterburners to get by Norrie who seemed to lack the belief he could win- even after that first set. 

Norrie has done remarkably well but his game today simply get near the levels needed to compete with Djokovic , mind you - not many do .  Just a pity he won’t get the ranking points ☹️

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I just don’t think Djokovic got out of 2nd gear , yes he was tepid but didn’t really have to switch on the afterburners to get by Norrie who seemed to lack the belief he could win- even after that first set. 

Norrie has done remarkably well but his game today simply get near the levels needed to compete with Djokovic , mind you - not many do .  Just a pity he won’t get the ranking points ☹️

As most champions do, he, Djokovic, done enough to beat Norrie who is probably has reached as far as he can.in a Slam

He doesn'y have the Murray factor, something to separate decent players from winners IMO. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

As most champions do, he, Djokovic, done enough to beat Norrie who is probably has reached as far as he can.in a Slam

He doesn'y have the Murray factor, something to separate decent players from winners IMO. 

Think Djokovics on court after match interview said all we needed to know.
The interviewers first question was “ Tell us how hard you had to work to win that match “.   Djokovic chose to take the politician reply option and answered by talking about everything BUT how hard he had to work !!  

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Some good news, Kyrgios has won the 2 previous meetings.

Also Djokovic was tepid today, not that he can't raise his game for Sunday but could be a close match. 

Yes I checked and seen that he had beat both Natel  :rolleyes:  and Djokovic  think he was the only one left in the last 8 that had beat any one of them..  that's why I wasted a tenner 

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Yes I checked and seen that he had beat both Natel  :rolleyes:  and Djokovic  think he was the only one left in the last 8 that had beat any one of them..  that's why I wasted a tenner 

Not quite the same numbers against Nadal, played 9, Nadal 6-3 Kyrgios, which includes yesterdays walkover, so really 6-2.

Anyhow, that's irrelevant now.

Oh, it was NatAl on Wednesday. :lol: