The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
No long in so just caught the last couple of games of the 2nd set. 
Murray scooped it 6-1.
Final set coming up. 
C'mon Murray. 
Oh, very poor attendance.  

Murray narrowly missed breaking in 1st game of the deciding set but does convincingly in the opponents next service game.

Ah know, I'm watching it. 😄

Murrays opponent, Jiri Lehecka, is another player I'm unfamiliar with.

Currently ranked world No 52, Murray is ranked at 70.

While Murray has played some great matches it should be remembered that Zverev apart, the draw has been kind to Murray.

The other semi final is between two players that I doubt Murray can beat, although over 3 sets his chances are slightly better. 

Anyhow, one match at a time, should be on court about 2:30 today.

As always, C'mon Murray. 

Murrays opponent, Jiri Lehecka, is another player I'm unfamiliar with.
Currently ranked world No 52, Murray is ranked at 70.
While Murray has played some great matches it should be remembered that Zverev apart, the draw has been kind to Murray.
The other semi final is between two players that I doubt Murray can beat, although over 3 sets his chances are slightly better. 
Anyhow, one match at a time, should be on court about 2:30 today.
As always, C'mon Murray. 
Semi finals

Jiri Lehecka (52) [emoji1086]
V
Andrew Murray (70) [emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Daniil Medvedev (8) [emoji2526]
V
Felix Augar-Aliassime (9) [emoji1063]

^^^^ Drunk already. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I wish, I've had 2 bottles of peroni since new year. And I didn't even enjoy them. [emoji44]

Been told the side effects of the medication I got for the high blood pressure is, headaches, feeling dizzy, fatigue, and a pounding heartbeat.

Symptoms of a viral infection, see above.

How the fcuk am I meant to know if I've got side effects from the medication or its still the viral infection that's fcuking me up. [emoji24]

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I wish, I've had 2 bottles of peroni since new year. And I didn't even enjoy them. emoji44.png

Been told the side effects of the medication I got for the high blood pressure is, headaches, feeling dizzy, fatigue, and a pounding heartbeat.

How the fcuk am I meant to know if I've got side effects from the medication or its still the viral infection that's fcuking me up. emoji24.png

Christ, you posted that SOBER? :lol:

Anyhow Murray against Medvedev, I fear a step up in class will see Murray as a gallant loser. :(

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Christ, you posted that SOBER? :lol:

Anyhow Murray against Medvedev, I fear a step up in class will see Murray as a gallant loser. :(

Medvedev is a big server,  if he gets his eye in early he could blow Andy away … That said, on his day , there’s few better at returning serves if he has the right head on 🙄.  
Medvedev has to be clear favourite but stranger things 🤞

7 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Medvedev is a big server,  if he gets his eye in early he could blow Andy away … That said, on his day , there’s few better at returning serves if he has the right head on 🙄.  
Medvedev has to be clear favourite but stranger things 🤞

The scoring system in tennis always leaves the door open for a surprise but it usually results in the higher ranked player winning.

I've already posted numerous times my opinion on Murray, the greatest Scottish sportsman in my lifetime, but I can't see another winning performance today.

He's managed to get over the line all week but, one player apart, his opponents are no great shakes.

As you suggest, nothing is impossible and fingers crossed.

image.png.28631698dab099084a077cc5548b7f80.png

I wish, I've had 2 bottles of peroni since new year. And I didn't even enjoy them. [emoji44]

How the fcuk am I meant to know if I've got side effects from the medication or its still the viral infection that's fcuking me up. [emoji24]

Christ, I thought that was the symptoms of watching St Mirren [emoji3]