The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Djokovic wins the 2nd set 6-3, Kyrgios starting to get a wee bit upset. 

Brilliant tennis, cracking last game when Kyrgios had break points but Djokovic holds his nerve to serve out for the set.

Tension rising. :lol:

2-1 Djokovic, lots of sweary words coming from Kyrgios, aimed at his own team.

6-4, not a lot in it, the best always find a way in these tight matches.

I think I heard the commentator say that they can immediately see Hawkeye line results, and I am sure they were using automatic calls in other tournament over the last couple of years of covid to avoid using lines people.

Why do they still insist using line judges at Wimbledon when they have the technology to get it right every time?

Kyrgios comes over very well, said a lot of nice things, I like him, goes to, and beyond the line, at times, but is very talented.

Can he use this to project him into the top 10, not so sure, he's very difficult to read. 

As for Novac, CLASS act, just declared him and Kyrgios are a "bromance", very entertaining. :lol:

Gordon Reid and Alfie Hewitt... Inspirational.

Cruel schedule took too much out of them but what incredible performances.

Watching the final of the Wheelchair Tennis at Wimbledon. 

Unbelievable skill.

At last, it is getting the coverage and respect it deserves.

Not a sympathy vote... But genuine respect for top athletes.

It has only taken 40 years or so!

As a teenager, I was introduced to the sport of wheelchair basketball through my best friend.

I was always mesmerized, impressed, amazed... But I don't think I ever truly gave it the respect it deserves as a sport in its own right!

It is not a lesser version of a main sport. It is a sport in its own right. Played by athletes.

In the dressing room at Tynecastle is a sign that I photographed and have in our daycare centre...

Don't let you cannot do stop you from doing what you can do.

Nobody in my life has ever epitomised that more than my friend Gary 

At school, we were both in the basketball team.

Gary couldn't run... But he spent hours practicing his shooting. He became like a bloody Harlem Globetrotter!

We would run... Pass to Gary... He'd shoot and score. From anywhere on the court.

Table Tennis?
I was fit, fast and mobile.
Never once beat him.

Gary may have lacked mobility... But he spent hours practicing putting spin on the ball. I had no chance!

Gary never complains. Never moans. I've never seen him angry.

If I ever grow up... I want to be him!

The man is a legend. An inspiration. A friend. I'm blessed to know him. 

Congratulations on his induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame. 

http://basketballscotland.co.uk/2022/06/21/scottish-basketball-hall-of-fame-meet-the-class-of-2022-2/

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Unlucky @portmahomack saint, some you win...................................:wink:

image.thumb.png.095b5c3d02508eb44f22fbad53de1537.png

Watched a wee bit it... the guys nut's..  was mainly watching the Scottish open kinda lost interest in the bet when Halep lost... never mind got a E.W return on the golf today £440...   roughly £300 profit on the week so can't complain... The big Open's up next.... 

Heading up North 2moro for a nice wee break with the family back Friday...  so no arguing with Ricky while I'm away I won't be able to play peacemaker :whistle  if I can't get a signal  :byebye 

• 3 weeks later...

Murray just got absolutely pumped of some guy 6-1 in the third never won his serve once in it .must have been his hip that f**ked his serve up f**king hopeless a has been and never will be again if this doesn't tell him it's time to chuck it nothing will he's just embarrassing himself now every time he  walks on court.

11 hours ago, elvis said:

Murray just got absolutely pumped of some guy 6-1 in the third never won his serve once in it .must have been his hip that f**ked his serve up f**king hopeless a has been and never will be again if this doesn't tell him it's time to chuck it nothing will he's just embarrassing himself now every time he  walks on court.

You embarrass yourself every time you post on here, yet you haven't given up.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:46 PM, faraway saint said:

Draper, GB, just won the 1st set against the 19th seed De Minaur.

Draper's got quite an all round game to go far, not so much this year but one to watch.

This boy's got a bit of potential, something about him caught my eye back at Queens and Wimbledon.

A great victory yesterday. 

Jack Draper beat Stefanos Tsitsipas to claim his first victory over a top 10 player as he became the third Briton to qualify for the third round of the National Bank Open.

World number 82 Draper, who came through qualifying to reach the main draw, fought back from a break down in the second set before he wrapped up a stunning 7-5 6-4 (4) success against the third seed just before 1am in Montreal.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, faraway saint said:

This boy's got a bit of potential, something about him caught my eye back at Queens and Wimbledon.

A great victory yesterday. 

Jack Draper beat Stefanos Tsitsipas to claim his first victory over a top 10 player as he became the third Briton to qualify for the third round of the National Bank Open.

World number 82 Draper, who came through qualifying to reach the main draw, fought back from a break down in the second set before he wrapped up a stunning 7-5 6-4 (4) success against the third seed just before 1am in Montreal.

Draper lost to a strong Busta, 7-6, 6-1.

The British interest continues with wee Dan Evans winning a great match, well, I seen the highlights, against Tommy Paul.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, faraway saint said:

Draper lost to a strong Busta, 7-6, 6-1.

The British interest continues with wee Dan Evans winning a great match, well, I seen the highlights, against Tommy Paul.

Busta beats wee Dan in a hard fought match.

Well done Dan, still doesn't look like a tennis player to me. :lol: