The Lawn Tennis Thread

shull

Murray scheduled to appear about 5:30, decisions, football or Murray?

There was a time it wasn't even close, now, well, I'll see, maybe watch him at half time and see how it's looking.

PS Watched some of an earlier match between a young British player, Draper v Djokovic, Draper took the 1st set with some excellent tennis.

Alas, tennis being tennis the better player almost always wins and Djokovic skooshed the next 3 sets.

Great experience for the British guy, centre court, playing the world number 1, can only do him good. 

Edited by faraway saint

John McEnroe, somebody who knows his tennis, observed Murray isn't moving nearly as well as he could, added in the lack of matches means he's got a mountain to climb to win a few matches never mind the tournament.

Sue Barker tried to say he was moving well, McEnroe quickly asked her when this was? He's not seen it. :lol:

Sad to say, that's 100% my view. 

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Murray 4-0 up in the third, he's taken this guys best shots and still winning comfortably.

Jeezo, Murray was 5-0 then proceeded to lose the next 7 games, aye 7 on the trot.

Murray, as McEnroe suggested, physically isn't holding up too well.

A real test now, both physically and mentally as losing from 5-0 will hurt. 

Play suspended, saves Murray bacon IMO, moving the roof into position for bad light, light rain. 

15 min break, C'mon Murray, this is a lifeline. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, Murray was 5-0 then proceeded to lose the next 7 games, aye 7 on the trot.

Murray, as McEnroe suggested, physically isn't holding up too well.

A real test now, both physically and mentally as losing from 5-0 will hurt. 

Play suspended, saves Murray bacon IMO, moving the roof into position for bad light, light rain. 

15 min break, C'mon Murray, this is a lifeline. 

Will be a massive test to see if his body can restart to order .

Fingers crossed 🤞. C’Mon Andy  🎾 

Anyone else want to highlight the idiot from earlier post ?   

OK, I'll do it.

John McEnroe, somebody who knows his tennis, observed Murray isn't moving nearly as well as he could, added in the lack of matches means he's got a mountain to climb to win a few matches never mind the tournament.
Sue Barker tried to say he was moving well, McEnroe quickly asked her when this was? He's not seen it. [emoji38]
Sad to say, that's 100% my view. 
What an idiot [emoji849]

After sitting through the Murray match it occurred to me that I must have watched him for hundreds of hours over the years.

It also reminded me that tennis is a great game with levels of fitness that are off the scale.

Murray played well, served well and deserved the win, despite the collapse in the 3rd set.

The break, IMO, helped him, gave his time to take stock and settle down for the crucial 4th set.

It would have also stopped his opponent getting off to a potential flyer in the next set.

Roll on tomorrow, make the most of these games, there won't be too many left.

Edited by faraway saint

After sitting through the Murray match it occurred to me that I must have watched him for hundreds of hours over the years.
It also reminded me that tennis is a great game with levels of fitness that are off the scale.
Murray played well, served well and deserved the win, despite the collapse in the 3rd set.
The break, IMO, helped him, gave his time to take stock and settle down for the crucial 4th set.
It would have also stopped his opponent getting off to a potential flyer in the next set.
Roll on tomorrow, make the most of these games, there won't be too many left.

Watch some of, was so happy he's won a game on the centre court. Is there another so emotional guy when he's getting interviewed. Got a slight doubt that he'll win the tournament but you never know. [emoji6]

Loved his post-match interview.

Was asked what he did in the locker room to recover.

"Had a shower..........went to the toilet.........it was just a number 1".

Brilliant.

His wife's reaction to that was great.

Edited by oaksoft

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Murray with an early break, 3-2 and serving.

This guy's no mug but his low ranking suggests he'll struggle to maintain his best shots over a 5 setter. 

First set to Murray, 6-3.

He got the early break in the 2nd then a collapse similar to Monday, lost 4 games on the trot to lose 4-6 from 3-1 up. 

BIG test now, no convenient break this time to gather himself.