Angela Merkel speech.... excellent

Vambo57

http://diversitymachtfrei.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/merkel-we-in-west-must-accept-that.html

* We in the West must accept that the anger against us is often justified. With our bombs, our often misconceived wars, our vast economic power, which is sometimes misused, and with all of the damage our modern industry has inflicted on the environment and, historically, our imperial exploitation of poorer countries, we are, in many ways the authors of our own misfortunes. By attempting to understand this anger our actions have inspired, we can achieve greater moral maturity as a nation. For the perpetrator of this attack, a refugee who has no doubt been traumatised by the terrible things he has experienced, I feel pity. Pity at a young life thrown so tragically away, pity that his own despair made him vulnerable to those who wish to exploit him and distort the peaceful message of Islam for evil purposes. But as well as pity, I feel gratitude. I want to think this young man for granting us the opportunity to reflect on our own shortcomings and thereby achieve an enhanced affinity to other human beings, living in less fortunate circumstances to ourselves, and, of course, to the environment, the Mother Earth that nurtures us all and which we have so abused with our selfish consumerist lifestyles and with pollution.

We Germans bear a tragic burden of historical guilt which we will never be able to fully expiate. We must never forget how hatred once caused us to inflict such terrible harm on our fellow human beings. For that reason, I ask Germans not to give in to hatred again. We must not think ill of Islam, immigration or refugees as a result of this attack. On the contrary, we choose to embrace the Other even more forcefully than before. Rather than reject Islam, you should find out about it, study it, even adopt it yourself. Rather than keep out refugees or immigrants, we should welcome them even more. We must show the world that the haters will not win; that, in the end, the message of love will prevail. To Muslim Germans who will no doubt be wounded by the Islamophobia this tragic incident will trigger, on behalf of our nation, I wish to apologise to you in advance. You belong to Germany. You are part of who we are. In many ways you are more authentically German than the people of hate who wish to exclude you. I beg you to maintain your love for Germany as we vow to maintain our love for you.

Hmmmm. She is right on most aspects but I am not convinced about the need to embrace ANY organised religion. I am not persuaded that radical Islam is the issue. I think Islam itself is a problem in general. As is Christianity and all other major religions. They all, without many exceptions as far as I can see, preach division and they all function by controlling through threats and fear and as such, in a civilised intelligent society, should be utterly rejected at all levels.

She also welcomes the perpretrators actions as an opportunity to reflect shortcomings of the German people. It will be interesting to see whether the general population is intelligent enough to recognise the subtle message here. I suspect she might be wrongly slammed for making that comment as the German equivalent of the Daily Mail readership go into full blown attack mode without engaging their brains regarding what she is getting at.

52 minutes ago, 26-59-87-13 said:

Ummm...pretty sure it's fake...

Yeah it might be. There are always going to be people with little else to do in their lives.

A parody is one thing but writing stuff which is intentionally full of lies which are not obvious lies takes the author to a world where people like Dickson live.

Anyway, regardless of whether it is fake or not there are things in it worth considering.

Edited by oaksoft

Looks like she is trying to quell the far right movement that still exists in Germany , the Nazis have never disappeared a bigger movement than a lot of people realize. As for Islam it has many rules I dont agree with. Been out in Alexandria for the past couple of month now , found nothing but warmth and kindness. Certainly Islam is very intense with the 5 times a day prayers which can be heard anywhere in the city from the many loud speakers . Its no fun being woken at 5am every morning in the apartment to the sound of the first prayer of the day. There are 11 million Arab Christians in Egypt  A company  called drinkies which can be found all over the city I go there for wine and beer the manager of the one I use said to me they dont like us. Its always in the back of your mind making you feel a bit paranoid. However an outsider could look at the troubles at its peak in Northern Ireland and think how crazy the Christian religion is. Each to there own religion does not do it for me learn good morals you wont go far wrong. The anthem of the world Is John Lennon Imagine. Form years of traveling working in many places one of the many things i have learned is no matter where you come from the vast majority just want health, contentment, peace , happiness.

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Looks like she is trying to quell the far right movement that still exists in Germany , the Nazis have never disappeared a bigger movement than a lot of people realize. As for Islam it has many rules I dont agree with. Been out in Alexandria for the past couple of month now , found nothing but warmth and kindness. Certainly Islam is very intense with the 5 times a day prayers which can be heard anywhere in the city from the many loud speakers . Its no fun being woken at 5am every morning in the apartment to the sound of the first prayer of the day. There are 11 million Arab Christians in Egypt  A company  called drinkies which can be found all over the city I go there for wine and beer the manager of the one I use said to me they dont like us. Its always in the back of your mind making you feel a bit paranoid. However an outsider could look at the troubles at its peak in Northern Ireland and think how crazy the Christian religion is. Each to there own religion does not do it for me learn good morals you wont go far wrong. The anthem of the world Is John Lennon Imagine. Form years of traveling working in many places one of the many things i have learned is no matter where you come from the vast majority just want health, contentment, peace , happiness.

You will find warmth and friendship from any religious person until you tell them you are homosexual, a woman who wants to have the same rights as a man, a vocal aethiest, a believer of another religion or a critic of their religious "morals".

Great statement from Gordon Scott who at long last has responded to StuDick's e-mails... think he's already had a few sherberts though.

We in the boardroon must accept that the anger against us is often justified. With our results, our often misconceived managerial appointments, our vast amount of SMiSA funds, which is sometimes misused, and with all of the damage our modern stadium has inflicted on the supporters and, historically, our imperial exploitation of poorer lower league teams for cheap signings, we are, in many ways the authors of our own misfortunes. By attempting to understand this anger our actions have inspired, we can achieve greater moral maturity as a club. For the perpetrator of these e-mails a, a fat pipe fitter who has no doubt been traumatised by the terrible things he has experienced, I feel pity. Pity at a young life thrown so tragically away, pity that his own despair made him vulnerable to those who wish to rip the pish out of his forum posts and distort the peaceful message of the Black and White Army forum for evil purposes. But as well as pity, I feel gratitude. I want to thank this young man for granting us the opportunity to reflect on our own shortcomings and thereby achieve an enhanced affinity to other human beings, living in less fortunate circumstances to ourselves, and, of course, to the local community, the community that nurtures us all and which we have so abused with our selfish playing budgets and with un-necessary USH repairs.

We St Mirren directors bear a tragic burden of historical guilt which we will never be able to fully expiate. We must never forget how Hammarby once caused us to inflict such terrible harm on our fellow human beings. For that reason, I ask St Mirren fans not to give in to hatred again. We must not think ill of StuDick, Oaksoft or Top Cat as a result of this e-mail. On the contrary, we choose to embrace even Elvis more forcefully than before. Rather than reject StuDick, you should find out about him, study him, even adopt him yourself. Rather than keep out shite aliases, we should welcome them even more. We must show the world that the haters will not win; that, in the end, the message of love will prevail. To forum users who will no doubt be wounded by the Morton result today, on behalf of our club, I wish to apologise to you in advance. You belong to St Mirren. You are part of who we are. In many ways you are more authentically Buddies than the people of hate who wish to exclude you. I beg you to maintain your love for St Mirren as we vow to maintain our love for you.

Edited by pozbaird

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that you can use a professional firm in order to write an essay. I am currently using "professional personal statement writing services" which is a pretty good opportunity to write only high-quality essay when you are studying in college. Furthermore, I think that it can be a pretty good help if you want to overcome more problems with writing.