Only An Excuse 2016

proudtobeabuddy

Thought it was better than the last two or three years. The Trump stuff was funny, especially the St Mirren one! As much as I slagged him for still doing 'Frankie Boy', actually thought the mannequin challenge skit was funny at the end when he made it clear he'd give Judy Murray one just by using facial expressions. The Sevco fan cup final one was good as was the junkies imagining they'd seen Hibs win the cup.

Just my opinion! A few decent laughs this time out.

MAKE ST MIRREN GREAT AGAIN! :D

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Thought it was better than the last two or three years. The Trump stuff was funny, especially the St Mirren one! As much as I slagged him for still doing 'Frankie Boy', actually thought the mannequin challenge skit was funny at the end when he made it clear he'd give Judy Murray one just by using facial expressions. The Sevco fan cup final one was good as was the junkies imagining they'd seen Hibs win the cup.

Let's hope that's an omen! It had a few funny bits i agree and it's tradition i suppose.:cheers

Just now, pozbaird said:

Aye, Jackie Bird, Ally Bain & Phil Cunningham, a bit shitey Only An Excuse, and St Mirren in crisis... just another New Year!

I think 2017 will be a much better year, it couldn't be worse than this one! A positive start to the year starting at home next week and hopefully and few decent signing would be good.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I thought there were more hits than misses.

The wife laughed particularly loudly at the St.Mirren related sketch, which tbh so did I, because it was so unexpected and unfortunately so true.

Just watched it , wasn't brilliant , but wasn't bad either [emoji4]

Could someone tell me please , what was the programme on just before it ?

On my recording there is a sketch with 2 guys - it's about a guy going to collect cash from his pal over a round of drinks , but was the end of a programme just before this.

Wha's like us. It was twee pish.

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Think it was short clips from various shows from over the years - Chewin' the Fat, Naked Video, etc.

Correct.

Although the programme before it was quite entertaining, if you aren't an imbecile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b087c9jn/whas-like-us

Edited by FTOF

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Correct.

Although the programme before it was quite entertaining, if you aren't an imbecile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b087c9jn/whas-like-us

Really? Personally I thought it was quite insulting to any Scot who isn't an imbecile. We've to believe we're all funny with a dark sense of humour, we all like loads of drink and a right good Gay Gordon at the end of the night. That Groundskeeper Willie is the national stereotype, that we all love our kilts, It was as twee a pile of pish as Sir Walter Scotts bullshit that has left the nation believing that it's traditional dress is a multi coloured skirt with a purse worn to the front of it; as twee as the pish that has William Wallace as a 5'8" American who was brought up in Australia to speak with a really rubbish Scottish accent and who painted his face and gave long dull speeches before any battle with the English, or as twee as the bullshit that Robert The Bruce had in a conversation with a spider who told him how to win a battle instead of hiding out in caves. 

The reality is that Scotland is just like any other nation. "Wha's like us?" - everybody. 

Really? Personally I thought it was quite insulting to any Scot who isn't an imbecile. We've to believe we're all funny with a dark sense of humour, we all like loads of drink and a right good Gay Gordon at the end of the night. That Groundskeeper Willie is the national stereotype, that we all love our kilts, It was as twee a pile of pish as Sir Walter Scotts bullshit that has left the nation believing that it's traditional dress is a multi coloured skirt with a purse worn to the front of it; as twee as the pish that has William Wallace as a 5'8" American who was brought up in Australia to speak with a really rubbish Scottish accent and who painted his face and gave long dull speeches before any battle with the English, or as twee as the bullshit that Robert The Bruce had in a conversation with a spider who told him how to win a battle instead of hiding out in caves. 
The reality is that Scotland is just like any other nation. "Wha's like us?" - everybody. 

For shull

wapowp

I thought only an excuse was better this year than in the past. Few sketches were actually quite good, but still surprising how many things it doesn't feature in the football world. I mean Hibs and the cup was a golden opportunity only used a couple of times and once from Rangers side. 

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Dreadful. Just watched this guff on iPlayer. 27 minutes of my life I wont get back again.

Do yourself a favour and don't waste any more of your time by watching 2 Doors Down either. it is even worst, and I don't understand why people watch Only an Excuse, knowing it is going to be shit  :unsure:

49 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Do yourself a favour and don't waste any more of your time by watching 2 Doors Down either. it is even worst, and I don't understand why people watch Only an Excuse, knowing it is going to be shit  :unsure:

I watch OAE hoping it is better than the previous 10 years and more.

And it was this time. :lol: